Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

"DESYNC" - my NEW ALBUM. Check out the lyric video!

Absolutely recommend giving this a listen, y'all! Honored to work with Jimmy on the typography and follow this project since its fruition.

Watch this page! More stuff coming very soon.

DOWNLOAD/PURCHASE "ANOTHER LAND"

LISTEN TO "ANOTHER LAND" on SPOTIFY

Here's the next single from the album. This song was the first one written for the project, although some of the lyrics herein are more than 10 years old.

A little deeper dive into the background of this song can be found on the BandCamp page. Hope you guys are enjoying the tunes!

Edited by Jimmy

Excellent, I like what I'm hearing so far. Almost reminds me of Depeche Mode, with the timbre of your vocals evoking a little Porcupine Tree, great stuff!

I like everything @esselfortium puts out on Spotify.

And i will like everything @Jimmy puts out on Spotify.

Looks and sound stellar, like all your Doom OST's.

Yearning and patiently waiting to get.... desynced...

"Cool.  The song has lyrics written by Jimmy.  I wonder who the singer is though, they sound pretty good...  I guess we'll never know."

Edited by NoisyVelvet

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I've been quietly working on my vocal skills on and off for the last decade or so, between voice lessons, choir practice, and a brief time in a band. I'm definitely not the most fantastic at it still, but I have enough fun and confidence with the process of singing that I now feel ready to share my voice with you all.

Really hope you enjoy what's to come!

Nice track, very reminiscent of Depeche Mode indeed as noted by others, but... why is there a burning laptop on a beach? :P

2 hours ago, Rudolph said:

Nice track, very reminiscent of Depeche Mode indeed as noted by others, but... why is there a burning laptop on a beach? :P

Jimmy has a thing against laptops...

31 minutes ago, KeaganDunn said:

Jimmy has a thing against laptops...

Relatable. I once had to type on a laptop (an Apple one too, so twice the challenge for a PC user like me) and it was such a frustrating experience.

As of today, the album is AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER on BANDCAMP!

PRE-ORDER "DESYNC" Standard Edition -- 13 tracks.

PRE-ORDER "DESYNC" Deluxe Edition -- 31 tracks including two bonus tracks, two remixes, and all the instrumentals.

CMqxSHKm.png ffGnTfQm.png

Here's the final single to be released from the upcoming album, entitled "DESYNC".

Please do enjoy "LOVE IS A GATEWAY", featuring the almighty DEREK SHERINIAN, keyboardist for Dream Theater and Sons of Apollo.

When a dear friend of mine departed suddenly and cruelly from this world, about five years ago as of this writing, it was my first true experience with blunt-faced, unyielding grief. I must have written close to ten songs about this experience between now and then, anxious or dare I say *frightened* to release any of them and expose myself while in this state of extreme vulnerability... but I think this song encapsulates the entire ordeal as succinctly as I can condense it, although the song being seven minutes long is no accident. Sometimes I feel lots of things.

We unearth the story in the brief first stanza (talking about romance is something I have lifelong struggled to navigate), and the story's emotional concepts are explained in the second, along with my own difficulty in trying to untangle them.

Love is lots of things, but for me, it is primarily a form of escape from the harshness of reality. The sensation of safety and security that you can confide absolutely anything in another person who will always be everpresent for you. It is a home, a fortress, a reset button, an entrance to another world altogether.

Years later I had the realisation that is lyrically explained in the 2-minute long outro. People these days are obsessed with planning for the future, and living in the present moment, so as never to miss a beat or to become distracted or derailed from their path in life.

But what if there is solace and comfort in the past? Is there shame in longing? Is there a finite limit to how long we are permitted to spend cuddling our past experiences before they are urged away from us? Is there only so much time we are allotted to process our traumas?

Personally, I think not.

Love cut tragically short would be a shock to anyone's system. The past may be the past, but it is ultimately something to learn from and to embrace. It can be on your side.

As of this writing I still have yet to rekindle those exact feelings. Oftentimes it feels infinitely out of reach, but I welcome the idea that it could be just a touch away.

26 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

As of today, the album is AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER on BANDCAMP!

PRE-ORDER "DESYNC" Standard Edition -- 13 tracks.

PRE-ORDER "DESYNC" Deluxe Edition -- 31 tracks including two bonus tracks, two remixes, and all the instrumentals.

CMqxSHKm.png ffGnTfQm.png

Here's the final single to be released from the upcoming album, entitled "DESYNC".

Please do enjoy "LOVE IS A GATEWAY", featuring the almighty DEREK SHERINIAN, keyboardist for Dream Theater and Sons of Apollo.

You are really a legend of Doom music. That's all I can say about you..❤❤❤.

The album is a month old already! Wow, time flies like a banana... or something.

For those who haven't yet checked out the Deluxe Edition of the album on either BandCamp or Spotify, here are the two additional tracks that come with it, plus a blurb on the meanings behind them both.

On the surface this may appear as a song centred on the idea of disengaging from personal confrontations, or even as echoing old adages like "say nothing if you have nothing nice to say" and variations thereof. There is a deeper meaning here, connected once more to the state of modern society, particularly in the online sphere.

In the age of outrage culture, an incredibly effective way to attract clicks is to call attention to the vitriolic, the bigoted and the otherwise obscene. It is done even by the well-meaning, who may not even wish to farm attention or engagement of any kind, merely to point and laugh at the atrocities they are bringing up. In many of these cases, those people are actually being deceptively played as pawns by the very ones they are seeking to tear down. Anger is easily farmable.

Algorithmically speaking, there is absolutely no way to distinguish whether engagement is positive or negative - to the algorithm, a click is a click, and the poison is allowed to further seep. If reprehensible names and deeds are allowed to circulate more and more via repeated online sharing, they gain traction, and eventually, at worst, become normalised. We must deplatform those who do irrevocable harm to our society, disperse their audiences, and dismantle their echo chambers.

This song calls out "hustle culture" and the unending stream of the advice centred on work, motivation and ambition. Self-help gurus and experts in management love to proselytize these things, as if working oneself to the bone will in the end reap proportional rewards. This is hardly ever the case. Burnout, both creative and physical, can be an absolute death sentence for some, especially those caught in a cycle of tying their own sense of worth to their productivity. The ability to unceasingly create, to socially network, to market or promote oneself, or even to simply do things at all, should never determine someone's worth or self-esteem.

Many times I've seen individuals, including close friends, face extreme mental unrest due to feeling inadequate or incapable - deeply talented people who have somehow told themselves they cannot amount to anything. They turn to all sorts of extrinsic solutions, but refuse to slow themselves down or treat themselves kindly. When motivation and ambition outweigh physical capability, the effects on these people can be enormous and felt by everyone around them.

"Worth" is a non-measurable and ultimately useless commodity in terms of human interaction. Worth is either bestowed upon us, in which case it is invariably delivered unreliably and inconsistently, or it is born intrinsically, in which case it must be fed and nurtured with extreme care. Self-worth must be contained altogether separately from the worth that is afforded to us by others.

We have to abandon this idea of every single action or pursuit we undertake needing to lead to some greater plane of achievement, and allow ourselves to exist in the moment - perhaps idly, perhaps sedentarily, but always at least trying to be "content" with where we are.

All good!

In case any of you missed it: here's a swanky lyric visualizer video for the title track of the album.

I'm still so happy with the chorus of this one. What a monster this track turned out to be. Thanks again to @Velvetic for the absolutely stomping mix, and @KeaganDunn for assistance with the lyrical typography!

The title track of this album is chaotic and bombastic, a track that makes its presence immediately known and commands attention to the issues it highlights; it's told from the perspective of someone who feels hopelessly behind the curve of technology, and unable therefore to connect with anyone with the mental fortitude to be fully tuned into it.

Technology allows us to be attuned to humanity's greatest strides of progress, but also to the traumas and disasters brought on by humans at their worst. We make light of the most unspeakable things we see, in order to better cope with them. A saturation of these coping mechanisms is plainly visible through social media - the way people comment on world events and disasters with a sarcastic or comedic approach is illustrative of a populace who on the surface might be laughing or joking, but who at their core are quite possibly struggling to even comprehend the scope of what they're commenting on.

We find solace in distraction and absurdity because the constant feed of algorithmically-delivered media we consume could at any moment choose to show us unspeakable atrocities. In this way, we're more distant from each other than ever before. Sympathy for our fellow humans is finite - and we especially cannot coexist in perfect global synchronicity in this way, if we wish to make our lives - as well as each other's - meaningful.

Almost every single one of us at this point is tuned in to an algorithm of sorts - which purports to know us extremely well, and indeed, does so via the method of endless interconnected devices and tracking software - but in reality can only guess as to what we truly wish for to make us happy, or at the very least, content. Our phones, tablets, and desktop devices all provide us with the same service that ultimately amounts to guesswork, and the one thing we tend to fixate on? Upgrading to the next model after ours becomes obsolete, perhaps so we can be fed this algorithmic guesswork more efficiently.