Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RiviTheWarlock

[SLOTS OPEN] DARKZONE: A low-lit Community Project

On 8/13/2022 at 8:37 PM, RiviTheWarlock said:

a majority of the playable space be 144 light level or below

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of my maps are predominantly at 112-128 so apparently I'd have no trouble with this 

That said I can't sign up on account of having too much other stuff to do now, sadly.  (Unless I can wait two months to start mapping, heh.) Should be neat when it's all done though <3

Edited by Stupid Bunny

Very cool idea. I've been thinking about making some creepy or off-putting maps for a while,

I'd like MAP21 please!

Ok, here is the first version for MAP 03.

There is only UV, but I wanna check what do you think.

MAP#: MAP03

MAP NAME: PENUMBRA

AUTHOR: RED 77

MIDI: Tyrian - Composition in Q (by Alexander Brandon)

File PENUMBRA.WAD

M_DOOM.png

Things are going well! I have just updated the project resources with fixes and a new M_DOOM! I also wanted to share some WIP screenshots from the team so far:

unknown.png

Dsda-doom_Screenshot_2022.08.30_-_22.19.

unknown.png

darkzone-fleshpit1.png

Good to hear that progress is being made. On that note, there's actually something I wanted to double-check - do we have a deadline for submissions or is that still TBA?

8 minutes ago, MFG38 said:

Good to hear that progress is being made. On that note, there's actually something I wanted to double-check - do we have a deadline for submissions or is that still TBA?

No hard deadline as of now, I just want to make sure everyone's making progress! Ideally I should be getting more submissions here soon, but I don't want to rush people.

@RiviTheWarlock

Hey, so... I'd like to drop out of the project, I couldn't work on the map at all and I can't evolve the idea much. I don't want to keep a hold of the slot for like a year until I finally get something out. :/

Sorry for this, I hope my unfinished map can inspire someone else at least hehe, I'll post it here cause why not.

MAP21_unfinished.zip

1 hour ago, Savarin said:

@RiviTheWarlock

Hey, so... I'd like to drop out of the project, I couldn't work on the map at all and I can't evolve the idea much. I don't want to keep a hold of the slot for like a year until I finally get something out. :/

Sorry for this, I hope my unfinished map can inspire someone else at least hehe, I'll post it here cause why not.

MAP21_unfinished.zip

@RiviTheWarlock I would like to take over this slot. Despite the rather square nature of the unfinished map, i think I can find use for  some elements of it. It is also still within my mapping difficulty, though it will be a challenge. 

@Savarin is the progression in place so far or are they disjointed rooms?

Edited by IcarusOfDaggers

9 minutes ago, IcarusOfDaggers said:

is the progression in place so far or are they disjointed rooms?

They are disjointed, the idea was that you eventually take a teleporter to it and exit with another one.

If you wanna know how the fight in the room works:

Spoiler

you start at the top of the grid on the first fight, then go around once the door opens and the whole thing should move down, then the second fight happens below the grid.

3 minutes ago, Savarin said:

They are disjointed, the idea was that you eventually take a teleporter to it and exit with another one.

If you wanna know how the fight in the room works:

Hide contents

you start at the top of the grid on the first fight, then go around once the door opens and the whole thing should move down, then the second fight happens below the grid.

It may be the case of a room missing and the first area being way too square for a castle. Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with advanced boom features, seeing fake ceiling and floor implemented properly in UDB is a first for me. 

I won't have access to discord for another week at minimum, maybe two. But until then, I may have what you need from another project of mine, I'll send you a PM

Well, this theme is certainly up my alley.

I don't know if I can support with mapping for this project until my other projects start to wrap up, but I'm definitely very interested in this. 

Haven't done DOOM Mapping in a while now. I guess I could try :P.

I haven't joined the Discord yet, but I should be in after this is post is posted. I guess I can try Map18.

Just now, CatWithAComputer said:

Map 30 is the last map done, everyone will make a contribution there

well, uhhh. I guess map 31 is mine if you're going to make one

@CatWithAComputer @sincity2100 @HalfLife9000

Just a heads up, Rivi is busy with Finals, and may not respond for a lil while, so I figured, I'd do a little update here:

as far as I can tell there are currently 2 available slots: Map18, and Map20 (I stand to be corrected). Thelokk has already claimed 29 and began work on it some time ago, it just hasn't been updated in the slot claim sheet. It'd be best to make a claim in the discord channel linked in the OP, we are all a bit more active there and Rivi is much more likely to respond there.

6 minutes ago, Womp the Cat said:

@CatWithAComputer @sincity2100 @HalfLife9000

Just a heads up, Rivi is busy with Finals, and may not respond for a lil while, so I figured, I'd do a little update here:

as far as I can tell there are currently 2 available slots: Map18, and Map20 (I stand to be corrected). Thelokk has already claimed 29 and began work on it some time ago, it just hasn't been updated in the slot claim sheet. It'd be best to make a claim in the discord channel linked in the OP, we are all a bit more active there and Rivi is much more likely to respond there.

According to Discord, @HiRon claimed 18 a while ago. Not sure of current status, but if so this leaves only 20 vacant.

Hello there. I was wondering, did you need someone to make the soundtrack ? If the answer's "yes" I would like to do this part of the job. If the answer's "no", it's fine. This is not the end of the world. :P

15 minutes ago, CatWithAComputer said:

So i'll take slot 20

Might have already been claimed, we've had a tide of people joining the Discord and claiming left and right in the last 24hrs. I'd strongly suggest you join and see if any slot is, in fact, still vacant. 

@R0rque. afaik there has been no talk of a bespoke soundtrack (save for a few people, including me, who have made their own MIDIs) but, again, this is probably a question best asked to @RiviTheWarlock and on the Discord. 

Edited by Thelokk

I'm still alive, this all happened while I was driving back home for Thanksgiving so that's why I've been vacant. I'm still busy preparing for finals, but I am going to at least make sure I update the spreadsheet. @R0rque. the mappers are going to select their own music, but if you want to make a midi for the title and intermission feel free to.

2 hours ago, RiviTheWarlock said:

I'm still alive, this all happened while I was driving back home for Thanksgiving so that's why I've been vacant. I'm still busy preparing for finals, but I am going to at least make sure I update the spreadsheet. @R0rque. the mappers are going to select their own music, but if you want to make a midi for the title and intermission feel free to.

Alright. I'll give you the title screen and the intermission surely at the end of this week. ;)