Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RiviTheWarlock

[SLOTS OPEN] DARKZONE: A low-lit Community Project

I'd say you need a better secretary @R0rque.

Here are the quotes.

On 11/28/2022 at 2:59 PM, R0rque. said:

Hello there. I was wondering, did you need someone to make the soundtrack ? If the answer's "yes" I would like to do this part of the job. If the answer's "no", it's fine. This is not the end of the world. :P

On 11/28/2022 at 6:35 PM, RiviTheWarlock said:

I'm still alive, this all happened while I was driving back home for Thanksgiving so that's why I've been vacant. I'm still busy preparing for finals, but I am going to at least make sure I update the spreadsheet. @R0rque. the mappers are going to select their own music, but if you want to make a midi for the title and intermission feel free to.

On 11/28/2022 at 9:08 PM, R0rque. said:

Alright. I'll give you the title screen and the intermission surely at the end of this week. ;)

1 hour ago, IcarusOfDaggers said:

I'd say you need a better secretary @R0rque.

Here are the quotes.

Oops. I forgot that was for this project. I thought that was for an other. I can't wait to make a new original soundtrack. I'm not patient you know ? :P

By the way, sorry for disturbing. :/

1 hour ago, R0rque. said:

Oops. I forgot that was for this project. I thought that was for an other. I can't wait to make a new original soundtrack. I'm not patient you know ? :P

By the way, sorry for disturbing. :/

Jesus christ I will take this phone and shove it up the cyberbullys butt so hard it will never throw empty quote boxes again....

On topic, it happens, and wasn't disturbing. I do have to tell you one thing though. Patience is key in any creative works...or well, anything rly. I have no patience myself, it's why I use stopgaps. One of them is: Does it do what I want it to do and second is: Am I equipped enough to do this...it's the second part I tend to fuck up. 

Also, what you have in mind for intermission screen?

Sorry to bump this thread on such a sad note, but I'm dropping out of this one. I don't feel I can presently commit to making a map of the intended scale - not after spending an entire year making a single map with a 30-minute running time. Plus I have another personal project on the backburner that I want to start getting done.

On 8/13/2022 at 6:00 PM, big smoke said:

this sounds like a fun community project 

Totally agreed! I've just played MAP01 and i love it

As I'm not following the progress via Discord, what's the current up to date status of this project? Excluding one member dropping out above, the googledoc suggests two other slots I'm uncertain of, are there other slots that still need to be fulfilled? If help is still requested I can add this project to the tracker should that be of benefit, just give me a shout.

20 hours ago, quakis said:

As I'm not following the progress via Discord, what's the current up to date status of this project? Excluding one member dropping out above, the googledoc suggests two other slots I'm uncertain of, are there other slots that still need to be fulfilled? If help is still requested I can add this project to the tracker should that be of benefit, just give me a shout.

I need to wrangle it together a little bit, but I feel at this point in the project we're good on people. If new slots open I will bump again. Thanks for the offer though!

Now that I'm free from college for a little bit I'm starting to work on this again. I need status updates from the following people:
@SirPootis
@djv
@Meyland12
@knifeworld
@gabirupee
@AWettBlanket
@TangentDeath
@Walter Confetti

I'll give a few days for status updates, if none's given or you indicate you wanna relinquish your slot I'll free it up. In the upcoming days I'll be accepting new entries and assigning a hard deadline that will be mid to late summer. 

3 hours ago, RiviTheWarlock said:

Now that I'm free from college for a little bit I'm starting to work on this again. I need status updates from the following people:
@SirPootis
@djv
@Meyland12
@knifeworld
@gabirupee
@AWettBlanket
@TangentDeath
@Walter Confetti

I'll give a few days for status updates, if none's given or you indicate you wanna relinquish your slot I'll free it up. In the upcoming days I'll be accepting new entries and assigning a hard deadline that will be mid to late summer. 

I apologize, i've taked a break for some months and didn't realize i was participating into a on-going project. Feel free to remove my slot :P

I can withdraw my slot, out of ideas, those were coming back then but nowadays I can't take my time to do maps. Apologies.

3 hours ago, RiviTheWarlock said:

@SirPootis
@djv
@Meyland12
@knifeworld
@gabirupee
@AWettBlanket
@TangentDeath
@Walter Confetti

Replied in the discord too but figured I'll do the same here.

I'm still going to finish my map. IRL issues/events are just constantly getting in the way and taking precedence.

I remember seeing this project earlier on and was interested had the slots not filled up. Originally I had a comfy hedge/castle idea for the lava castle section which I eventually repurposed for PUSS CCC2.

Considering I'm a sucker for void maps, making a 3rd void theme map wouldn't hurt. I'll take map24 if it's still open.

I wrote this already in the Discord server, but i Lost interest in this project, so can you free my slot? It's MAP19

On 8/13/2022 at 2:37 PM, RiviTheWarlock said:

DARKZONE.

Darkzone is a community project with the gimmick of being, well, dark. Now you might be thinking, "Wouldn't it suck to play maps cloaked in darkness?". Well, that's where this project's special sauce comes into play! @Muusi's SoftFX allows for bright map style effects in non-ZDoom source ports, so now you can see the bad guys' eyes in the dark so you can blast 'em! SoftFX is one of the cooler things I've discovered in Doom, but it's criminally underused, and this mapset hopes to solve that issue! I've included some screenshots that demonstrate this effect, along with an already made MAP01 for you to try!

Rules for Mapping:

- You must use only the included mapping resources. These include an already made MAP01 that shows off the resources.
- Format is Boom for Doom 2. The target port is DSDA-Doom 0.24.3
- Difficulty settings must be implemented, and Co-op compatibility is encouraged.
- Maps must be compatible with software rendering.

- Maps must have a majority of the playable space be 144 light level or below. Small sections of bright light for lighting effects like ceiling lamps or light sequences are allowed. Certain episodes allow for slightly brighter outdoor areas. (see the claim sheet for specific episode rules)
- Maps must have a minimum playtime of 5 minutes, and a maximum playtime of 25 minutes. These are soft limits so it's okay if it's a minute or two off, we all play at different speeds after all.

- You must claim a slot. To claim a slot post here or more preferably send a post in #slot-claims channel on the project discord.
- You may only claim ONE map at a time, once your map is finished you can take another slot. Please do not rush to complete a map so you can have another slot.
- There is no time limit, but if you do not post a progress update for two weeks you will lose your slot. Screenshots preferred, but just a heads up is enough to keep your slot.

- You must follow the episode you are mapping for's specific rules and difficulty guidelines.

- Newer mappers are allowed and encouraged to participate, but newer mappers must also be open to feedback and change.

- Maps must be titled as such: username_map##_v1
i.e. rivi_map01_v1

- Completed map submission must follow these guidelines:

Reveal hidden contents

MAP#: MAP01
MAP NAME: Dark Base
AUTHOR: Rivi the Warlock
MIDI: LOW.mid by Alfonzo

File (Don't forget to include the file! I've done that many times before...)

- To submit a map post here or more preferably send a post in #map-submission channel on the project discord.

CLAIMS ARE HERE, ALONG WITH IMPORTANT GUIDELINES

SCREENSHOTS:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Feel free to bring up any questions or concerns! 

=== SLOTS ARE NOW OPENED ===
I think I've given everyone enough time to respond. We have a few freed up spots now. Claim the spot here in the DW thread. All maps must be submitted by July 30th 2023. This should give everyone around 2 months to work on and finish their map.

I’ll take a slot if any are available 

Gothic chill seems like the type of map for me. Map 16

I think I could make a big map for map30 by end of July.  Most of my free time is spent mapping anyway lol.  

I'll claim map 30 please