Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kokoro Hane

(Un)DETECTED [Level 1][TC][SBIG Jam 2022]

2043054031_Untitled2.png.2c26776224aad836e37e6292d48e2a49.png

Download Level 1 demo here; https://triangle-box-studio.itch.io/undetected

The year is 2479.... 

A ruined world lay before your eyes                     
Dictation, tyranny, oppression, dystopia                                                
And nearly everything is illegal

Now...

Flies infest the city....

Robots patrol 24/7....

The tortoise is always listening....

But it all ends today!

-----------------------

Play as XANE, a member of the Anti-Dystopians Obliterate (Mr)Bad(Guy) Organization (or A.D.O.B.O for short) as he's dropped off into the tent littered faction of Sector 403. Guided by your female informant, PARROT, you must navigate through tight alleyways, swat chunky flies, get weapons from various Arms Dealers, fight robots, all this while trying to remain as undetected as possible from all of Mr. Bad Guy's shelled spies that wander the city. 

FEATURES:

- Fully voice acted dialogue!

- Keycards and exits

- Male protagonist!

- Plenty of cool hand drawn weapons!

- NPC interaction to learn how much this world sucks

- Missions!

- 4 super awesome levels including 1 big boss battle!

- A banging original MIDI soundtrack by Dewdled!

- Indestructible tortoises

But we only have level 1, so what does it feature?

DEMO FEATURES:

- 1 super awesome level

- 2 of the 5 banging MIDI tracks by Dewdled

- And everything else listed in features!

- Next level is just a blue box, so simply press Esc > Quit when you get there

SPECIAL NOTES:

- Wait for dialogue to end BEFORE interacting with another NPC to avoid overlapping

- The Arms Dealer has different dialogue when you interact with him, so after the automatic meeting dialogue ends, go up to him and press E like all other NPCs

- There is a door underneath the shelf in the Arms Dealer building 

- Next level is just a blue box, so simply press Esc > Quit when you get there to end the game

A collab between me and my brother @Triangle Box Studio

LOOKING FOR MORE VOICES! (UNSPOILER TO READ MORE!)

If any of you guys are interested in helping out by lending your voice as a silly NPC, just reply to this thread (or PM me that works too) if you're interested! Big bonus if you can show me what your voice sounds like, so if you do DOOM LPs where you narrate it that works, otherwise post a sample on Soundcloud!

TECHNICAL

Jump & Crouch? =  Yes (already on)

Sourceport =  LZDoom or GZDoom

IWAD = freedoom2.wad

SCREENSHOTS

oFwNTd.png.ac6e9820b579d64617834283e7c822d3.pngdAY5gV.png.5d0d1df463617e58201bc23663a30cef.pnghXtxMf.png.5ba3d9c8d58c54c576dde60e9d84338f.pngrjy6hF.png.4f806f3b4fcd2a10246134f6ace72b60.pngnx5Y1e.png.74765b2f7a0a30dd673660f468685f68.pngkXUqzA.png.157732fe3193f210afcc4f8fab20a1e6.png

DEV NOTES

My dreams of releasing an FPS is finally being realized....

Hello! So my brother and I have collab'd on making a DOOM TC (runs off Freedoom Phase 2). It's only the first level, since we had time constraints for a game jam, and it's a bit rough around the edges, but hopefully it'll still be fun and give you a good taste and get you to laugh. Keep in mind, this was made for So Bad It's Good! Jam so set your expectations accordingly. The idea of this jam is to make a game that is ; is by no means "well-made" or "polished", but has a unique charm to it. Make a game that isn't perfect, isn't extravagant, but is jank to the point where it becomes enjoyable! So my interpretation of an SBIG game is something that is cheesy and absurd. And of course to add that extra spice, the game even has VOICE ACTING! Hope you enjoy and we'd love to hear your thoughts! ^^

Note that calling the levels "super awesome" is said in a joking way in line with the game jam it was submitted to.

CREDITS

Story / Direction = Kokoro Hane
Mapping / Enemies / Weapons = Searchlights

Outline / Map Layouts = Kokoro Hane
Sprites / Props / Items = Searchlights, Kokoro Hane
Scripting = Searchlights, Kokoro Hane
Textures = Searchlights
MIDIs = Dewdled

VOICE ACTING

Searchlights = Xane, Arms Dealer, Hippie
Kokoro Hane = Parrot, Girl, Kid, Flies
El.Seth = Barefoot Lady, Chunky Robot
Dewdled = Homeless
Tasha Jade = Woman
Mikey Blighe = Hat Man, Dude
Enygmatic = Shady Man

CC ASSETS

freesound.org
Pixabay

IWAD USED

Freedoom (Phase 2)

Edited by Kokoro Hane

My brother and I are almost ready to continue this project, but we need more voice acting for NPCs!

If any of you guys are interested in helping out by lending your voice as a silly NPC, just reply to this thread (or PM me that works too) if you're interested! Big bonus if you can show me what your voice sounds like, so if you do DOOM LPs where you narrate it that works, otherwise post a sample on Soundcloud!