Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr.Doom Guy

what would a doom arg look like?

Okay, I read about it for twelve seconds. I don't understand it and I hate it so my answer is I think it would fucking suck and I vomited in my mouth and blew it out my nose even though I don't get what it is.

1 hour ago, Mr.Doom Guy said:

look i know this has been said a fuckload about but still WHAT WOULD A DOOM ARG LOOK LIKE just tell me what you think

I'd imagine it to be maybe like a spooky random account uploads a spooky wad that almost makes no sense but it has hidden spooky messages for people to solve ooooooo

A doom ARG? I think it would be hard to because who cares about a story.

Also ARG stands for Alternate Reality Game = ARG. 

You crack a secret internet code found on 4chan's /b/, you get the real world location of a BFG9000.

Then it turns into a POSTAL ARG crossover.

Naked dude on the street with a cardboard sign "The end is near". It'll be called Just Doom.

Except it's not alternate reality or a game. And it wouldn't be fun because you can't solve systemic problems with a shotgun. 

An "ARG" (Alternate Reality Game) doesn't necessarily have to be "scary", it just has to have outside input not within any of the Doom games.

I dunno about you, but I'd totally go on a worldwide hunt following clues to find the mythical golden caco statue.

"guys this is my old archive of Doom videos, the quality isn't that great but these are very nostalgic"

10 Videos Later

"THE SHADOWS WON'T GO AWAY, WHY WON'T THEY LEAVE AHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Man, gmod and analogue horrror has kinda ruined ARG's. At least what I'm seeing the reaction to this post.

im pretty sure OP meant as a marketing tactic like I Love Bees, which was an alternate reality game for the promotion of Halo 2.

If it were in this style, then I dont know. I love bees started as if it was completely separate from Halo.

4 hours ago, MemeMind said:

Man, gmod and analogue horrror has kinda ruined ARG's. At least what I'm seeing the reaction to this post.

Depends on what you mean, I've always had a soft spot for both analogue horror and ARGs and there is some real top tier stuff being produced right now due to the heightened interest in the genres, there are some absolute masterclasses out right now.

Obviously with popularity comes the cheap tack and the tagalongs but they can be fun too.

13 hours ago, Kinsie said:

Probably like this.

This is the honest-to-goodness answer to the question.

I missed the part where an ARG has come to mean something to do with 3am gmod challenges. I guess the novelty of the internet and the “real world” colliding has worn out.

If it's not an arg and more like an alternate reality/timeline video series, E.G Sonic 2: Special Edition, yeah! But if it's like any of that garbage that zoomers think is scary, uh, no.

On 8/16/2022 at 2:54 AM, heliumlamb said:

what about augmented reality doom? like the kind of ARG that superimposes stuff a digital camera feed.