Their cold wind's blowing
Heads are turning
Watching without knowing
A battle of opinions
No right or wrong

But who are the fools?
And who are the strong?

Thank you.

I was kind of hesitant to post any of my poetry, but I figured that if I didn't it would just sit in my notebook and never be seen by anyone else but me.

I guess it's kinda risky to just put it out there without a copyright or anything, but whatever... I'm not out to make money, I just wanna be heard and maybe make people think.

I've got a whole slew of poems just waiting to be heard, but maybe I should see about getting them published first. Anyway, if people like what they're reading (or don't) then please, let me know! I'll post some more when I feel the time is right.

Thanks to everyone who's read my writing, and double thanks to those who leave feedback!

Anti-thanks to those who think it's ok to steal other people's material.

Vominus said:
I was kind of hesitant to post any of my poetry, but I figured that if I didn't it would just sit in my notebook and never be seen by anyone else but me.
[/B]

In the US, and probably other places, any original work is automatically covered by a Copyright, even if the work does not have a copyright notice.

The only thing to keep in my mind is that putting stuff on the web is considered "publishing" by most print magazines. The may not consider your work if it has been previosuly posted.

Wildman said:

The only thing to keep in my mind is that putting stuff on the web is considered "publishing" by most print magazines. The may not consider your work if it has been previosuly posted.

Hmph... Oh well, that's life... There's always post-hell.

I'd rather do it myself anyway (getting out there). I just want to be heard and know what people think. Positive feedback encourages me to post more and conceive more; negative feedback can be constructive.

I'm pretty "illiterate" on poems and never really care about them, but since you want positive feedback to keep you going (heck, positive feedback is what caused me to write more stories than just Evil Unleashed - had I got negative feedback, I'd have stopped), I'm gonna give it to ya as I best can.

I dunno what exactly is the "morale" or the deeper meaning of the poem (except that it's somehow Doom related), but it seems to inspire something in me, plus it feels kinda good to read it out aloud - and that's good.
:-)

That's good to hear, dsm.

I intended to make this one a bit abstract. It doesn't have a specific message or value, it's just basically what I was feeling at the time I wrote it (in the middle of the night, hence the thread's name). So, with that in mind, I'm glad to hear that it's stirring up feelings in others.