Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fai1025

Some Old Map, single map made by Fai

hi Fai here

so yesterday i was cleaning my wad folder, trying to clean out some old arse maps i made.

i'm working on a megawad recently so didn't post stuff for while, so i decide to publish one of those

here is one of them that i think it's somewhat decent

note that this is my old map, it does not resemble my current map's quality

*INFO*

Map Format: Boom
Ports Tested: PrBoom+ (Complevel 9), GZDoom
IWAD: Doom 2
Maps: 1 map
Music: "off today" by FAI (aka myself) (don't worry the music is made recently so it ain't shit)
Gameplay: Single play
Difficulty Settings: Yes
Multiplayer Placement: No
Build Time: made around early 2020
Textures: Doom2 stock texture
i don't think there is any location that would break sequence with jumping turn on, so Jumping/crouching/freelook is fine i guess

download

https://www.mediafire.com/file/invdvfnj53veiym/some_old_*rs*_map.wad/file

*Screenshot*

doom00.png.44ba046213830f7ecd77b4ed804b593a.png2.png.dbe3a81156b87e0d09fe1990c6a203e2.png

Next Project: Unternity, 32 maps (1/6 episode done)

Last Project: 

Edited by fai1025

This was pretty fun, there were a pair of mancs in the yellow key room who don't wake up. but otherwise, I really enjoyed the attention to detail and the like "real feel" of the doomcute architecture and things. The stone behind the door was pretty cool. wasn't sure if you had to sr50 to get the plasma gun or use a barrel I had previously destroyed. but couldn't nab its sadly. 

Combatwise, not too challenging, I died twice both by being careless during cleanups. but mostly just let things infight, which I am a fan of.

I noticed no revs? 

are the barons in the yellow key room intended for infighting the mancs? 

5 minutes ago, Womp the Cat said:

are the barons in the yellow key room intended for infighting the mancs? 

honestly i have no idea either, this was made way back in 2020, at that time im still a noob mapper and probably don't understand infighting.

i played it myself, and i think i was trying to let ppl shoot the baron in yellow key room and deal with fatso later, as for the plasma you need to hump wall to find a hiden teleporter to get to the gun (very shitty secret i know)

I dunno if you plan on changing this at all in that case, but if you do; swop those barons out for hell knights, cause they are kinda easy to deal with from the ground but a slog, cause they are tanky. otherwise keen to see this megawad you speak of, when it is complete

11 minutes ago, Womp the Cat said:

otherwise keen to see this megawad you speak of, when it is complete

thx, i planned to get a demo out when i finish two or three episode (10 to 15 maps)

1 hour ago, Biodegradable said:

How the fuck do you get the plasma rifle?!?! :^P

jump across those silver things

doom32.png

doom33.png

doom34.png

Just now, Ordon said:

doom32.png

doom33.png

doom34.png

Just now, Ordon said:

doom32.png

doom33.png

doom34.png

took me a while to figure it out

There's also a hidden teleporter that you'll probably only find if you're checking the map because spotting misaligned SHAWN is basically impossible if it's not too sloppy.

I do like how the ending echoed E1M8. Though perhaps filling the map with Imps after picking up the last key was, um yeah.

But this is a otherwise solid sewer map. Maybe just a little bit stingy on the ammo but there's still a strong sense of place in spots.

lmd_oldfaimap.zip

I'm glad you dug this up! 

Nice little map which seems to have some kind of knee deep influence here and there. I like the Doom cute and The wacky secret of one of which I found 

Good times 

Hey Fai, here's a playtest video of your map:

And here's my summary: I'm really glad you provided this old map of your, because MAN is it good! I found almost nothing wrong with it, aside from a few difficult spots haha! The enemy placement is brutal sometimes, but fun nontheless! Level design is really solid, you don't get lost easily in it, and the premise is nice. Aside from a death in the Mancubi room, I found no secrets which is a bummer, I know. I couldn't get the plasma gun either, not even after bumping into it a few times, but luckily I didn't need it, because you provided enough ammo for most enemies.

I give this map a 4.5/5, if you happen to give any more maps, please do so!

1 hour ago, TheSlipgateStudios said:

if you happen to give any more maps, please do so!

Yes sir, there some maps I posted previously, linked in the post, and I'm working on another mapset rn so stay tuned