Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XK 47

I am leaving freedoom behind

My friends, I am finally leaving freedoom behind. I have obtained both doom 1 and 2's bfg edition somehow by attempting to download a modified version of brutal doom dox. I am now leaving freedoom behind for now as I explore Doom 1 and 2 classic maps.

I am torn between which jokes to rip off in response. Jeremy Clarkson's "Oh no! Anyway..." or to paraphrase Egon from Ghostbusters "Good thread @XK 47, short but pointless".

when i saw the title i misread it as freedom & i thought this was going to be a manifesto a rogue user posted before they committed something that would land them on the news

About the only thing you left behind is whatever reputation you might've had for being so cheap you'd pirate a couple of $5 games that, as of the moment of this post, are being sold for 75% off at $1.24 each.

I sure hope all the hard-saved cash for that Big Gulp was delicious.

1 hour ago, Sr_Ludicolo said:

Words words words words words words words punchline

Magic Magic Magic Magic Magic Magic Magic Magic Atheism

4 minutes ago, Agent Slacker said:

Magic Magic Magic Magic Magic Magic Magic Magic Atheism

he gets it :D

9 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

About the only thing you left behind is whatever reputation you might've had for being so cheap you'd pirate a couple of $5 games that, as of the moment of this post, are being sold for 75% off at $1.24 each.

I sure hope all the hard-saved cash for that Big Gulp was delicious.

he accidently found it while trying to get brutal doom, so finders keepers I guess...

1 hour ago, anon said:

read the fine print
image.png.bf4e73917a719a12a13b5b6bfb18ee95.png

I bought doom and doom2 long ago on cdroms... the cdroms has since been lost ... but I own digital copies as well

2 hours ago, XK 47 said:

My friends, I am finally leaving freedoom behind. I have obtained both doom 1 and 2's bfg edition somehow by attempting to download a modified version of brutal doom dox. I am now leaving freedoom behind for now as I explore Doom 1 and 2 classic maps.

Why not buy Doom + Doom II legit? It's cheaper than ever RIGHT NOW because of the Steam Quake con sale. They are around $2 each on Steam. Can't argue with that. C'mon man, pay the devs their $$$, they only made one of the best games in the world after all. They spent hours of hard work creating this stuff under not so comfortable conditions. As an amateur mapper I know how tough some days can be getting maps finished.

Also, a couple of $$$ is such a cheap buy-in to a basically unlimited supply of FREE maps + mods. I'm still playing this game decades later and still lovin it. Great maps are still being made all the time. I've gotten my money's worth, 500%. 

It's a real up and down industry and I think all pro game devs deserve to be paid for their work. 

So i guess i'm not understanding what this person is saying? Are they illegally getting both Doom 1 and 2? Or are they getting both dooms with a mod that isn't fun and to me at least ruins what doom is.

19 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

a mod that isn't fun and to me at least ruins what doom is.

Friendly reminder that it's 2022 and everybody already knows that Brutal DOOM completely and totally ruined DOOM forever. Please conserve your energy for something original, such as talking about how DOOM Eternal completely and totally ruined DOOM forever.

34 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Friendly reminder that it's 2022 and everybody already knows that Brutal DOOM completely and totally ruined DOOM forever. Please conserve your energy for something original, such as talking about how DOOM Eternal completely and totally ruined DOOM forever.

Friendly reminder: So what if it's 2022, everyone still has an option and so what if we disagree on something. My option is my option, just like how your option is your option.

1 minute ago, Biodegradable said:

What's the matter, OP, you don't have 10 bucks?

sDimMkg.png

I wish i could add a laughing emote to this.

1 hour ago, PeterMoro said:

Why not buy Doom + Doom II legit? It's cheaper than ever RIGHT NOW because of the Steam Quake con sale. They are around $2 each on Steam. Can't argue with that. C'mon man, pay the devs their $$$, they only made one of the best games in the world after all. They spent hours of hard work creating this stuff under not so comfortable conditions. As an amateur mapper I know how tough some days can be getting maps finished.

Also, a couple of $$$ is such a cheap buy-in to a basically unlimited supply of FREE maps + mods. I'm still playing this game decades later and still lovin it. Great maps are still being made all the time. I've gotten my money's worth, 500%. 

It's a real up and down industry and I think all pro game devs deserve to be paid for their work. 

NONE OF THAT MONEY GOES TO CARMACK & CO ANYMORE.

11 minutes ago, Lutum Lautus said:

NONE OF THAT MONEY GOES TO CARMACK & CO ANYMORE.

What? Really? Can anyone else confirm this?

1 hour ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

Friendly reminder: So what if it's 2022, everyone still has an option and so what if we disagree on something. My option is my option, just like how your option is your option.

Yeah yeah, whatever. Good thing this thread is asking everyone what their option is regarding Brutal DOOM. I think it would be cool if people would realize they have the option to not share their option about Brutal DOOM every time it is even so much mentioned in passing, but that's just, like, my option, man. I'd feel pretty shitty if I put all my time and effort into a mod just to constantly see people sharing their negative options about it when nobody even asked. Then again, you know what they say - options are like assholes, everyone's got one and they all stink.

19 minutes ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

what if i once pirated it but then bought it later? Will i still go to hell?

You will go to hell for eternity for pirating it, but after that you'll go to heaven for buying it.