Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BlueSonnet

Doom the cartoon

Now i'm sure by now most of you have already seen this.

http://www.mataos.net/juegosflash/htmljue/doom_parodie.htm

But it makes me wonder if there's any possibility of a doom cartoon. What's your opinion?

If a doom cartoon was made i hope it's like HBO spawn; all hellish and violent.

Edit: I get the feeling that this has already been discussed. If so i might need to be shown where to go.

Scuba Steve said:

Marc Pullen... why does that name sound familliar

He was a coder on the EDGE source port, he might still be, dunno.

Torn said:

We saw that one long time ago (well, at least 4-6months, but I dunno)
And Yes, there is a doom cartoon, and alot of other comics fanart, eg: like greenpile http://www.doomworld.com/greenpile. :)

Greenpile isn't a cartoon you analphabet ;-)
Greenpile is a comic.

Hugeass difference my friend, a cartoon is animated. A comic is non-animated.

dsm said:

a cartoon is animated. A comic is non-animated.

Yes, and no...

newspapers publish cartoon strips.

and a comedian is a comic. They are (usually) pretty animated.

:-P

cartoon
n.

A drawing depicting a humorous situation, often accompanied by a caption.
A drawing representing current public figures or issues symbolically and often satirically: a political cartoon.
A preliminary sketch similar in size to the work, such as a fresco, that is to be copied from it.
An animated cartoon.
A comic strip.
A ridiculously oversimplified or stereotypical representation: criticized the actor's portrayal of Jefferson as a historically inaccurate cartoon.

comic

adj.
Characteristic of or having to do with comedy.
Of or relating to comic strips.
Amusing; humorous: a comic situation involving the family's pets.

n.

A comedian.
A person whose behavior elicits laughter.

comics Comic strips.
A comic book.
A source of humor in art or life.

Whatever, but it is obvious what's meant here and it's definitely NOT what Torn meant.

BlueSonnet is asking for an animated series (or just single cartoon movie) of Doom. This is evident by the example flash game that he provided a link to.

Anyways...

Would I wanna see a Doom cartoon series? Only if it's not a cheesy Manga and if it's definitely an adult cartoon.

Animated movies would be great if done right. Unfortunatly, I haven't seen such a thing yet. The closest things I've seen are Wizards and Heavy Metal. If Wizards had better animation (and lack of that stupid Bakshi imposed live acting crap >_<), or if Heavy Metal had about 100% less extraneous nudity, they'd be perfect.

Actualy, now that I think of it and although it was a show, Invader Zim was pretty damn good, albiet a bit cartoony (but that was okay, it was supposedly meant for kids :P). You know...a JTHM movie would own. o_O

So yeah, anyway...if done correctly, a Doom cartoon could kick ass...but only if done correctly.

dsm said:

Greenpile isn't a cartoon you analphabet ;-)
Greenpile is a comic.

Hugeass difference my friend, a cartoon is animated. A comic is non-animated.

heh, well, I count it as a fan cartoon comic... :P

Animation is a woefully underutilized medium in modern art and communication. Since the 70s, cartoons, not unlike video games, were saddled with the stigma of being a "kiddy thing". You can see this in the way everyone gets a bug up their ass when they realize that "adult" cartoons and video games do, in fact, exist.

Which is a damn shame. You can do a whole lot with animation that you simply can't do with live film.

That's one of my dreams, right behind making video games for a living: utilizing the animation medium to its full potential, and making serious cartoons that are neither overtly "kiddy" or overtly "adult".

Torn said:

heh, well, I count it as a fan cartoon comic... :P

Yeah well, it turned out that I was wrong so...
I guess I'm the one who's the analphabet ;-)

A Doom animated cartoon series could be cool if the art was first rate and "mature" - I don't want a cartoon that uses simple colours and, pardon the expression, "cartoony" art.

Someone should do a fan-made cartoon animation - some artists should go together with some coders so that one artist makes the character animation frames, one (or more) artist(s) makes background and/or general effects.

And of course i don't want one with shitty animation either. Something fluid and detailed with a freaky soundtrack will suit me fine.