Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
quackbal

Monster in DooM you'd least like to meet in a dark alley

What monster in the game makes your bowels turn to water the quickest?
For me it's the demon when you see those menacing eyes and that... pinkness galloping towards you.

quackbal said:

What monster in the game makes your bowels turn to water the quickest?

Me. I scare myslef. My spelling scares me too. :P

quackbal said:

pinkness galloping towards you.

OK that just permanently changed my thoughts on demons.

IMO, it would probably be the Baron of Hell. Big, mean, tough, badass looking creature comes stomping towards you, and you're in a dark alley with no plasma gun....you're pretty much screwed.

All of them, but if I had to pick one it would be the Cyberdemon. Size absolutely matters when it comes to fear. I probably wouldn't even run, I think I'd be to overwhelmed to be able to move.

Yes size does matter, since the Cyberdemon would be much too big to even fit in a dark alley.

Since I'd be unarmed, pretty much any Doom demon I think. Even former humans.
Especially the Baron o' Hell.

dsm said:

Since I'd be unarmed, pretty much any Doom demon I think. Even former humans.
Especially the Baron o' Hell.

I think, given that in real life, the former humans would not be 56 pixel tall, blocky, cartoony graphics, but instead genuinely disgusting, mouldering resurrected corpses with strips of flesh hanging off them and ichor (No, not the guy who posts here) oozing from every unnatural opening in their bodies, lurching towards you muttering inhuman, gutteral moans whilst still having a recognisable legacy of humanity, they'd actually come pretty high up the don't-want-to-meet list.

Zombies, because of so many movies and other representations (even the name sounds silly) have little other than comic impact - but think of what being faced by the reality would be like.

Anyway, I must shuffle off, dragging one leg, holding my arms out in front of me and moaning "brains, must eat brains". A zombie's work is never done.

Enjay said:

I think, given that in real life, the former humans would not be 56 pixel tall, blocky, cartoony graphics, but instead genuinely disgusting, mouldering resurrected corpses with strips of flesh hanging off them and ichor (No, not the guy who posts here) oozing from every unnatural opening in their bodies, lurching towards you muttering inhuman, gutteral moans whilst still having a recognisable legacy of humanity, they'd actually come pretty high up the don't-want-to-meet list.

Zombies, because of so many movies and other representations (even the name sounds silly) have little other than comic impact - but think of what being faced by the reality would be like.

Anyway, I must shuffle off, dragging one leg, holding my arms out in front of me and moaning "brains, must eat brains". A zombie's work is never done.

Bow your heads to this man. And that animation fraggle put up is the funniest thing i've ever seen.

Fredrik said:

SS guy

Yea watch out them nazis are bad guys. I'd still kick their ass.

deathz0r said:

Can you ride on them? Do I need a saddle?

Heh, since infinite heights "bug" was removed, it's quite possible for a skilled marine to ride a Demon around like fraggle's imp is doing :)

pritch said:

Katarhyne.

HEH

But seriously, I'd say demons. I used t be scared of them for some reason, despite the fact that they are technicaly the only monsters in the game without any ranged attack. Maybe because of the fact that you see them in pits and dark areas a lot.

Meeting a SpiderMastermind in a large dark alley on the way home after a night on the tiles would be a real hoot, not.
I wonder what the off-spring of fraggle's demon/imp activity would be like?

....."the disasters that are coming, they, the military, I'm sorry, the government knows about them. And there's a lot of safe areas in this world that they could begin moving the population to now. They are not! They want those major population centers wiped out so that the few that are left will be more easily controllable."

Hey DooMBoy, that sounds familiar to me for some reason. Where is that quote from? A movie maybe? The X-Files?

Vulg@r said:

A surly penus demon. /me shudders

yeah hahahah. Archie would be a nastiest to run into unannounced.

pritch said:

Heh, since infinite heights "bug" was removed, it's quite possible for a skilled marine to ride a Demon around like fraggle's imp is doing :)

I know about that, I was just making fun of the galloping comment.

stphrz said:

Hey DooMBoy, that sounds familiar to me for some reason. Where is that quote from? A movie maybe? The X-Files?

You'd be suprised, but it's actually from the last paragraph spoken by a soon-to-be-terminated ex Area 51 employee, in a song done by TOOL, Faaip de Oiad. :)