Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
IMJack

Bachelor Chow

Alright, this one is for those of you who live on your own, or are at least forced to buy or cook your own meals.

1: What do you usually have for dinner/main-meal-of-the-day? Are there certain kinds of food you rotate between, or do you have an informal weekly thing, or Ramen every night, or what.

2: Between groceries and take-away, how much cash do you spend on food every week?

I don't live on my own, but I'll answer anyway:

1. Pasta, pasta.
2. I dunno, I don't buy the food... but it's probably low because we buy like 5-kilo pasta sacks each time.

I'll eat Ramen of course, but I'll make steak, or fish, or spaghetti (I make spaghetti a lot), or meatloaf, or hamburgers, or whatever.

I used to use the George Foreman Grill and cook a lot of fish but I don't really do that anymore.

I have no idea how much I spend on average a week on groceries. $50 maybe?

steak. lots of sauces with cream, served with potatoes or pasta. Hardly any vegetables, some fruit though. If I don't have any meat at home I usually eat just pasta or sandwiches.

Tomorrow I'm cooking Roast Beef with all the veggies, but i'm getting the peons to prepare them.

I usually make myself something quite simple for lunch, either BLT sandwiches or something on toast, occasionally the odd micro-pizza or something.

Dinner is anything thats in the fridge. Last night I did Chicken thighs stuffed with packet sage and onion stuffing, and roasted them so I could baste some roast potatoes. Mixed up some gravy granules, a bit of carrot and brocoli et voila. On refelction I should have wrapped some bacon round the chicken.

I think I spend about £40 a week on food, groceries and meals/snacks at university.

Meals at home? Bah, I work at Mr. Sub. It's either subs or ordering in for pizzas.

I guess, if I must cook, Chunky's soup, packets of noodles, or hamberger helper.

Most of the time: Some pasta dish. Usually just with a can of tomatoes, two or three chillies, two onions, some garlic and a whole ass-load of paprika.

Also: Stir Fry with various vegetables and lots of soy sauce.

Or: A dish with kidney beans, bell peppers, tomato and smoked chipotle peppers, served with rice.

Fredrik said:

I don't live on my own, but I'll answer anyway:

1. Pasta, pasta.
2. I dunno, I don't buy the food... but it's probably low because we buy like 5-kilo pasta sacks each time.

...What he said. I live on pasta.

Well I cook for a liveing so I always eat good stuff like. Stuffed manicati,Stur fry,
home made pizza and a lot of chiken breats with mashed potatos and gravy or. Try this
Take chiken b. Cook it in a skillit with italien dressing. Throw in olves mushroom and put on top of spagetti noddles and cover with
matserla and a good garlic and pesto cream souse. The key is not to go overbord with the dressing I just use a cap full.

Pasta, Pasta, more pasta with 8 1/2 pounds of cheese per serving.
Rice or hotdogs too. Mood pending of course.

IMJack said:

Heh, Idunno, I based the thread title off a running gag in "Futurama." :)

Bachelor Chow comes in cans now?!

*It's been a while since I've watched futurama. :P