• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arrowhead

Frantik DM 2 - New 32 Map FFA Deathmatch MegaWAD

52 minutes ago, Endless said:

Quite the fragging beauties right here!

2 minutes ago, LGmaire said:

Congratulations on the release! These DM maps look really nice.

Good luck with making the 12 map FFA pack! :)

Thanks for the kind words! Hoping to get to play these with some more people soon, when I have the server set up. :)

14 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

Thanks for the kind words! Hoping to get to play these with some more people soon, when I have the server set up. :)

I would love to face you in a different Deathmatch setting.  Even though we only had 1 Free For All duel in Quake 1 Remastered, it proved to be an intense, humorous, and outstanding 30 Frag Limit battle that left me on the edge of my seat sweating and embracing a harmless thrill.  These maps in Frantik DM 2 could easily facilitate the spirit and intensity of our FFA in a Doom II setting.

16 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

I would love to try the megawad out with some sessions. Since I wanted to try out one of the RCs when when that test server for this megawad was up.

Would be great to try out the final product!

Okay, everyone - the server on zdaemon is up! EXP is enabled as well, thanks to @Flambeau.

Server is:   Zds://192.3.62.226:10608 , or search 'Frantik' or 'wadazine' in the search function.

I will try to hang out in there around 5PM MDT, if anyone wants to jump in for some frags / to chat. :)

Edited by Arrowhead

Glad to see this is released! It was utter mayhem for WNDM! Some fun levels with some good flow! I am looking forward to your future releases for sure :)

1 hour ago, Lil_Ruff said:

Glad to see this is released! It was utter mayhem for WNDM! Some fun levels with some good flow! I am looking forward to your future releases for sure :)

Thanks, Ruff! Yeah, I had a fun time - thanks again for organizing the event! :)

Looking forward to the Zandro server! These look great bud. If you ever need a DM playtester as well, hit me up :D

Congrats!

Saw some people playing this last night - I decided to jump in, and ended up pulling a rare all-nighter.   :)

I played from probably 1:30 AM (MDT) to 8:30 AM. It was a great small group, we didn't get above 3-4 players - w/ it being so late, but the players who showed up stayed for hours.

Was fun. Gonna likely try to get this on /idgames soon...

I've got many more DM projects in the works, (8?) hoping to get more released shortly.

On 8/27/2022 at 12:23 AM, Arrowhead said:

frantik

clean design, no annyoing corners to get stuck - i  like it.

I've made some balance changes for this mod - nothing severe, but I added a few more SSGs in some levels, and removed BFG in a couple. I also improved overall ammo balance, aiming for the UV skill level. Also removed the custom BFG noise, as I received feedback from a couple people that it was a bit distracting / too loud - it has since returned to the original sound. The fundamentals remain the same, I just got rid of many single-shotgun spawns, and altered a few other weapon placements. :)

Server will be updated later today.

LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6euhijlqv4zviqr/FRANTIKDM2v1a.wad/file

Edited by Arrowhead