Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
epicyolomaster420

[Community Project] Cleanout – A slaughterish Boom compatible Ultimate Doom megawad [ALL SLOTS TAKEN!!!]

@Philnemba, @clamgor I've just gotten a great idea for a another Cleanout level, so I decided that I'll be claiming yet another bonus level for myself. This means there is now only 1 more free bonus level, for the 2 of you, so if you want 1 than you better claim it quick (the first to claim it will get it...).

Also since this level idea is going to require a forced pistol start in order to work and I don't want to bother anyone with having to put in a death exit, I've decided that I will be making this level into the megawad's first bonus level. Beacuse of this I will be moving @Herr Dethnout's and @R0rque.'s bonus level's forward 1 map slot (putting them on e4m2 and e4m3 respectively).

On top of this I've also started work on a credit map and have, because this increases my map count in this project to an absolutely massive 23 maps, decided that I will not be releasing this megawad until as late a date as my 23rd birthday (26th of february 2023), so if any of you need an extension, than you can consider this to be it... (@AnArchaicApparatus this applies to you also...)

Edited by epicyolomaster420 : forgot to include some information...

On 12/13/2022 at 8:20 PM, epicyolomaster420 said:

@Razza, @Philnemba, @clamgor Do any of you actually intend on claiming a bonus level or should I give the option away to other people (I'm thinking of opening up the 2 yet unclaimed slots to other members of the doom community - people not yet involved in Cleanout)?

yes, i'm going to get back to working on mine, just got sidetracked the past few weeks with school and work. i'll send a preview once the first few sections and the exit is completed

6 hours ago, clamgor said:

yes, i'm going to get back to working on mine, just got sidetracked the past few weeks with school and work. i'll send a preview once the first few sections and the exit is completed

Wait are you talking about your already claimed level (P2M9) here ?

(I was asking about the yet unclaimed bonus level - e4m5...)

On 12/18/2022 at 7:03 PM, epicyolomaster420 said:

Also since this level idea is going to require a forced pistol start in order to work and I don't want to bother anyone with having to put in a death exit, I've decided that I will be making this level into the megawad's first bonus level. Beacuse of this I will be moving @Herr Dethnout's and @R0rque.'s bonus level's forward 1 map slot (putting them on e4m2 and e4m3 respectively).

I think that you can force pistol start in UMAPINFO (idk, just a guess :P).

Anyway, I wanted to say that I'm still putting the maps on hold (Long story short, i'm on the final phase of my internship, so i'm really busy), I will resume nearly on the end (26-29 Dec.) of the year (until I got all my internship's papers in order :P)

On 12/21/2022 at 5:19 PM, epicyolomaster420 said:

Wait are you talking about your already claimed level (P2M9) here ?

(I was asking about the yet unclaimed bonus level - e4m5...)

oh i was referring to P2M9, sorry for the confusion haha

7 hours ago, Razza said:

?

I'm not working on another level for this, no need to worry about me.

Ah oops sorry. I typed too fast. I was talking to the others because it's not the first time I've no answer. So I think I'll give up the idea. :P

@Philnemba, @clamgor I've been working on the credit map today that I've up until now had in the E4M9 slot, but have realized that, this is not going to allow me the kind of progression I want so I decided to move it to e4m5. What this means for the both of you is that if either of you had any intention of claiming the last remaining bonus level, than you've just lost your chance to do so (all level slots are now taken).

Also to both of you, @R0rque., @Herr Dethnout, @DavidN, @Razza & @AnArchaicApparatus:

Merry Cristmas everyone!

Also I'll be away for the next 3 or so days so you probably won't be able to get in touch with (I'll be going offline).

OK so I’m back and I’ve been busy.

First of all, I’ve figured out how to make that progression that I wanted to make work for the credits map work so @Philnemba and @clamgor please disregard what I’ve said in my previous post. The 5th bonus level is still very much open and up for grabs, but I’ve decided that I will, since neither of you 2 seem to be interested in claiming it, be allowing & even openly inviting other people to claim it as well (so if you, in spite of not even saying a word about it so far, still want it I suggest you claim it now…)

I’ve also moved @Herr Dethnout and @R0rque.’s bonus levels 1 map slot forward as I had promised and while I was doing that retested R0rque.’s bonus level only to find some stuff in it that I found could be easily improved upon / fixed so I took the liberty of doing that myself.

For the sake of full transparency and disclosure I’ve compiled a list of all the fixes and improvements:

Spoiler

1.      I added a green armor to the starting area, as I thought it was too punishing

2.      I changed how you make the red walls around the starting area lower – instead of the walls lowering when you press on them and the marble IOS face lowering when you press on it, the walls now lower when you press on the IOS face, which itself now doesn't lower anymore and provides you additional cover in the first fight (for some reason this made a lot more sense to me…)

3.      I moved the linedef that makes the stairs from this area raise up from where it currently was on the left side (where there is a chance the player may never cross it…) to just in front of the stairs, so that the stairs now raise up as you approach them (again this made a lot more sense to me…). I also extended the length of this linedef so that it spans the entire length of the bottom area (it was far too short…)

4.      I changed the wr teleport action on one of the sides of the pits into a w1 teleport action and added proper wr teleports to inside both pits as the fact that there was no indication which of the teleports where repeatable and which not and the inescapability of the pits bugged me…

5.        I added a repeatable press use triggered door open wait close action on the back side of the door that opens to the maps only secret as the lack of one created a softlock, that I didn’t find on my first playthrough due to not finding said secret.

6.      I improved the alignments on the sides of the lava pits in the computer room and added small bricks floating in the lava to allow the player to escape them as the inescapability of these pits also bugged me.

So (speaking directly to R0rque. here) if you disagree with any of these changes, please don’t hesitate to let me know so that I can revert them for you.

And if you decide to try and maybe fix some of these problems I’ve found or revert any of my changes yourself then I’d urge you to do this into this edited version of the WAD (see below link)

Also, when it comes to these changes, I’d like you to know that I don’t intend on taking credit for them as they didn’t take me long to implement…

On top of this I will also be needing songs for my 2 new levels soon so stay tuned for instructions on that, and please don’t try to make something until I tell you what I want (as given that both the credit map and my other new bonus map are both going to be rather atypical levels for both me and Cleanout, the usual style of songs that you’ve been making so far for this project isn’t going to work…)

Secondly (and this is me speaking to everybody here) I’ve decided to now (that the previously set deadline is just a day away and all the maps haven’t come in yet) finally officially extend the deadline, but this time to february 14th (2023) as I’ve came to realize that I’m going to need some time at the end to try and UV max the entire megawad and make sure everything is OK, and to both make adjustments to my maps and ask for fixes/updates of any of your maps if I manage to find any errors or bugs !

And thirdly I’d like you guys (except clamgor and Philnemba who haven’t sent me any versions of their levels yet) and everyone else who I so far haven’t mentioned (@DavidN,@AnArchaicApparatus & @Razza) to all take a look at how I thought I’d represent your maps in the still very work in progress credit map  - E4M9, as if any of you want there to be anything else there then this is the time to speak up (so far all I’ve done is just copy paste the starting areas of your maps in with the intent on tying them all together into the first part of the map’s progression and putting big sector letters on the floor with your names on it...).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/og94710bg8bkxh7/Cleanout_28.zip?dl=0

Ja I've been credited for this bonus map. But the "Blood Factory" title for the E1M2 map is missing. :P

By the way, is it possible to add the remaining tracks that I made please ? I would like to hear if there isn't some mixing issues this time. Oh and why the E1M9 music that I made is missing ? It was so fitting to this map ! >_<

10 hours ago, R0rque. said:

the "Blood Factory" title for the E1M2 map is missing

Ups, I forgot to update that, sorry. Updated now!

10 hours ago, R0rque. said:

the E1M9 music that I made is missing

For some reason I forgot about updating this as well. Sorry for that. I've updated it now though...

11 hours ago, R0rque. said:

By the way, is it possible to add the remaining tracks that I made please ? I would like to hear if there isn't some mixing issues this time

Yes, it's possible, and in fact already done for the most part (there are I think like 1 or 2 songs left that you made for me at the very beginning and didn't address to any specific map, that I haven't found a place for yet...):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0ipyfk6j1q69m8/Cleanout_29.5.zip?dl=0

Please keep in mind however that I may not leave all of these tracks in the same map slots as they are now (I might shuffle them around a bit based on how well I think they fit - the track you sent me for my first bonus map for example (BLM6 - e4m6) didn't fit the level in my opinion so I used some of you older songs for it instead). The P2M6 one in particular is one that I think I'll swap for one of your older tracks and then relocating...

6 minutes ago, Philnemba said:

@epicyolomaster420 Update on my map: I haven't mess around with it for weeks due to busy with IRL and other stuff so I'm going to try to finish mine around January if that's ok.

Fine by me. In fact I'd actually prefer it if everyone finished their maps in january as my february is likely going to be hectic (due to the amount of school obligations I'll be dealing with in january it's looking like I'll only be able to do this project's thread maintenance and testing of any new maps you guys finish then, meaning that I'm going to have a lot of work to do in february just to finish my maps...)!

Hello there. The E2M5 track (as I expected unfortunately) was glitched. So I tried to fix it but it was barely working. By the way, this is a bit better than the previous version. I'm waiting for the remaining tracks to hear if there is no more glitch this time. >_<

D_E2M5.zip

@Philnemba, @R0rque., @clamgor, @DavidN, @Razza, @AnArchaicApparatus, @Herr Dethnout Happy New year’s everyone!

Also, in case any of you haven't seen my last post here is a sum up: in spite of the fact that the deadline is now in mid-February, I'd actually prefer it if everyone finished their maps in January for reasons already outlined in said post.

I hope this isn't too unreasonable of a request and that you can all manage to finish your maps.

If for some reason it is though then you can rest assured that the deadlines won’t move anymore!

Edited by epicyolomaster420 : fixed typo

@epicyolomaster420 Hey! I was looking in The Community Project Tracker and found that this was still looking for a mapper, and since it has been on for a while I feel like it should have its slots filled. I believe I have time to throw together a map for BLM5. The deadline is still a month away anyway

Edited by noob_killer012345678

6 hours ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

@epicyolomaster420 Hey! I was looking in The Community Project Tracker and found that this was still looking for a mapper, and since it has been on for a while I feel like it should have its slots filled. I believe I have time to throw together a map for BLM5. The deadline is still a month away anyway

Great! Welcome to the project!

3 hours ago, clamgor said:

hey @epicyolomaster420 some personal and work stuff has come up and i'm afraid i don't have the time to complete my map. i'm gonna have to back out, apologies!

It's sad to see you go, but I understand how it's like when real life stuff gets in the way. I hope you manage to sort out everything and maybe independently release your map! For now though I wish you good luck a warm goodbye!

OK so after all this time update 30 is finally here and it comes with a lot of new content. For one I've received 2 different versions of an archaic apparatus's level, for 2 I've received and included updated music for P2M2 and P2M5 (so @R0rque. can check for more mixing issues) and last but not least I've mostly finished (as there might be some jumps here and there that aren't yet duable) my second bonus level (BLM1 or in other words E4M1) that was inspired by the infamous platforming section of Magnolia map01 and turned so well that I think even @Ribbiks would like it (sorry for the ping man, but you need to see this, also in case you like the project there is still 1 map slot left open...). Some screenshots:

Spoiler

2023-01-12.png.9ffa3677f867f2b9d79c21a20e6985b5.png208708445_2023-01-12(1).png.d4132eb0bc13cdc948b97195c32e2e58.png1588927324_2023-01-12(2).png.39d09b8ef90ead30a51da36ae4af92e1.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7raqnb7j2i4vfp/Cleanout_30.zip?dl=0  

Hello there. I checked the wad file to see what I can do. But the P2M5 music (that I already checked) has been removed and be replaced by the former one. So I'm waiting for the very last remaining tracks to be added to see in once if indeed, there is a problem just like I heard in some others MIDI files or not by the past. 

5 minutes ago, R0rque. said:

Hello there. I checked the wad file to see what I can do. But the P2M5 music (that I already checked) has been removed and be replaced by the former one. So I'm waiting for the very last remaining tracks to be added to see in once if indeed, there is a problem just like I heard in some others MIDI files or not by the past. 

Oh, yea sorry about that. See what I did is just imported the MIDI file with the same name as your fixed one and didn't even check. I'll be rectifying this in the next update though!

@Philnemba, @Herr Dethnout, @noob_killer012345678 There's been a few developments in my universtiy studies that have prolonged my exams well into february and in so doing destroyed my plans to rush finish my 9 remaning unfinished maps for the project. Because of this and just general mapping burnout I've been forced to postpone the projects release date (& the map submision deadline) yet again, but I'm not sure till when I should postone it (I'm thinking at least 1 month).

An idea would be to have the new release date be on april 30th of this year to coincide with Ultimate Doom's 28th birtday (since this is now once again an Ultimate Doom megawad...) but that sounds a bit late to me, so I'd like to know what do you guys think? Would this release date work for you (the reason I ask is because if I would move it to that late then the deadline for when I want you guys to finish your maps would also move to probably around mid april)?

Also @clamgor would you be able to finnish your map if I made this deadline move (as I illuded to earlier I'll probably be postponing everything - the release date AND the deadline, by at least a month)? 

Edited by epicyolomaster420 : corrected missinformation...

6 minutes ago, epicyolomaster420 said:

@Philnemba, @Herr Dethnout, @noob_killer012345678 There's been a few developments in my universtiy studies that have prolonged my exams well into february and in so doing destroyed my plans to rush finish my 9 remaning unfinished maps for the project. Because of this and just general mapping burnout I've been forced to postpone the projects release date (& the map submision deadline) yet again, but I'm not sure till when I should postone it (I'm thinking at least 1 month).

An idea would be to have the new release date be on april 30th of this year to coincide with Ultimate Doom's 28th birtday (since this is now once again an Ultimate Doom megawad...) but that sounds a bit late to me, so I'd like to know what do you guys think? Would this release date work for you (the reason I ask is because if I would move it to that late then the deadline for when I want you guys to finish your maps would also move to probably around mid march)?

Also @clamgor would you be able to finnish your map if I made this deadline move (as I illuded to earlier I'll probably be postponing everything - the release date AND the deadline, by at least a month)? 

Welp, I don't really mind about the deadline at this point :P but April 30th sounds great to me.

Anyway, you will see some updates to my map soon (big chance to be the last until release heh)

59 minutes ago, epicyolomaster420 said:

An idea would be to have the new release date be on april 30th of this year to coincide with Ultimate Doom's 28th birtday (since this is now once again an Ultimate Doom megawad...) but that sounds a bit late to me, so I'd like to know what do you guys think? Would this release date work for you (the reason I ask is because if I would move it to that late then the deadline for when I want you guys to finish your maps would also move to probably around mid april)?

Iz good for me. Just gives me more time to decorate my map

@Philnemba, @Herr Dethnout, @noob_killer012345678, @DavidN, @Razza so I've started being bothered recently about the fact that the cacodemons HP and attack patern has been changed in the previous dehacked file update and that it's sprite has not (unlike the baron's which has), as well as also that the spider mastermind's with has changed but that nothing else about it has so I decided to make the following (very minor) changes:

-I've resprited the cacodemon a tad bit to now look like this:

HEADA1.png.f3883cc515257ed7efdc22df4cccece1.pngHEADD1.png.db1fd12c7b2e961290cb9214aa53d75f.png

(a slight red recoloring to reflect the slight stats change)

- I've resprited the cacodemons fireball to now look like this:

BAL2A0.png.229810a0c69ca690203029f7932ea6e8.png (because as you'll notice the color of the fireball in creation in the cacodemon's mouth in the firing frame - second shared image up above, is now more red, so I thought it would be appropriate if the fireball was like this also...) AND

- I've increased the spider masterminds rate of fire and to compensate for this changed it's attack from the shotgunners SPos attack to the zombieman's Pos attack (in effect making the total damage output mostly the same). The masterminds chaingun therefore now sounds more like a minigun, but deals only a bit more damage per second!

And last but not least I've decided that, because these changes are so minor (and mostly estetic in nature) that most players aren't even going to notice them, I'm not going to put them up for democratic vote like the last ones AND am going to demand that you guys take them into account. To that aim I've provided the zip's with the wad with the resprites (of the caco, it's fireball and the baron from the last dehacked and sprite change) and the new dehacked file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/59two2lmgvwwqb3/resprited monsters.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r1z88dv5abjqjcg/cleanout_dehacked_2.zip?dl=0

for those of you who are yet to finnish their map(s), and the recent update to the wad:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/68ka7jnbl4wfqei/Cleanout_31.zip?dl=0

for those of you who have already finished your maps, such that you may see how these changes effect it (if you wish). Also @R0rque. I've now included your fixed version of the P2M5 MIDI as I had promised and will be needing a similar song to the temporary one I put into my new bonus level BLM1 (e4m1), which is now fully finished (and please LISTEN to the similar MIDI and try to make something similar this time as this is not the style of song you usually make and as I really like it)!

And one last thing (for all of you): I've decided that the release date is now officialy going to be april 30th 2023 and the new map submission deadline will be april 15th!

Edited by epicyolomaster420 : updated the zip's

@R0rque. so you know how I said the update in my last post has the fully finished BLM1 level? Well as it turns out I wasn't quite finished with it then but I am now, so if you're going to play it to better insure the appropriateness of your MIDI for it then I suggest you do so out of this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hehfanazdxhzvmy/Cleanout_32.zip?dl=0

(update 32) 

Edited by epicyolomaster420 : updated the zip.

Roger that. In the next update, I hope to see the very last MIDI files to be included to see if there's another issue. ;)