Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
epicyolomaster420

[Community Project] Cleanout – A slaughterish Boom compatible Ultimate Doom megawad [ALL SLOTS TAKEN!!!]

image.png.11059173cc9da1b94167723b4f4e85f8.pngError when trying to play the wad on DSDA

NVM im stupid i launched it with the wrong iwad

The error still comes up when trying to launch with OTEX, so i cannot playtest my map accuratley

1 hour ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

image.png.11059173cc9da1b94167723b4f4e85f8.pngError when trying to play the wad on DSDA

The error still comes up when trying to launch with OTEX, so i cannot playtest my map accuratley

Oh yea I forgot to tell you about that: because of the way OTEX's texture lumps are designed (for doom2 rather than 1) and because Cleanout has it's own texture lumps & textures this has been a prevailing problem when testing in boom compatible source ports and has been the reason I've been testing everything in GZDoom lately. Now up to now DavidN (who also made 1 map for the project) has been dealing with the problem, but hasn't managed to get it fully working

Luckly for you though his recent attempt does sort of fix the problem in some maps, but it only does so in prboom+. Now I can send it to you now: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyy62uh4voepdth/Cleanout-combined.wad?dl=0 but I can't guareentee it will work. It's all I can do for you for now (short of reccomending that you switch to a ZDoom based port).

Edited by epicyolomaster420 : forgot to include some information...

13 hours ago, epicyolomaster420 said:

Oh yea I forgot to tell you about that: because of the way OTEX's texture lumps are designed (for doom2 rather than 1) and because Cleanout has it's own texture lumps & textures this has been a prevailing problem when testing in boom compatible source ports and has been the reason I've been testing everything in GZDoom lately. Now up to now DavidN (who also made 1 map for the project) has been dealing with the problem, but hasn't managed to get it fully working

Luckly for you though his recent attempt does sort of fix the problem in some maps, but it only does so in prboom+. Now I can send it to you now: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyy62uh4voepdth/Cleanout-combined.wad?dl=0 but I can't guareentee it will work. It's all I can do for you for now (short of reccomending that you switch to a ZDoom based port).

I have been testing in GZDooM, but it would be nice to have it work for dsda, so that i can get an authentic test of it

@Herr Dethnout So me and DavidN have recently been trying to get the wad to work when ran with OTEX in boom based ports and we've almost managed to get it all working error free, but there is still 1 problem:

The GLASS01 and GLASS09 textures you put into your outline of your P1M1 map, that I've included in a while ago, which are neither in OTEX nor in Cleanout and are causing unknown texture errors!

This therefore leads me to my question now and that is: Could you make sure you either remove these textures out or keep them in but include them in the wad when you finaly submit in the final version of it? 

4 minutes ago, epicyolomaster420 said:

@Herr Dethnout So me and DavidN have recently been trying to get the wad to work when ran with OTEX in boom based ports and we've almost managed to get it all working error free, but there is still 1 problem:

The GLASS01 and GLASS09 textures you put into your outline of your P1M1 map, that I've included in a while ago, which are neither in OTEX nor in Cleanout and are causing unknown texture errors!

This therefore leads me to my question now and that is: could you make sure you either remove these textures out or keep them in but include them in the wad when you finnaly submit in the final version of it? 

Let me see what I can do. Worst case scenario will need to replace all glass textures with stock Shawn one, but I think it will be easy to fix.

On 1/16/2023 at 3:13 PM, noob_killer012345678 said:

Yup, is a error due how the OTEX textures are formatted (For Doom 2 instead Doom 1). You can although, use a ZDoom based port to test it since ignores that part. ZDoom is great due his software rendering. :P

Actually @clamgor nevermind that stuff I was asking you about in the last measege I gave you a ping in. You don't need to think about reclaiming your former level as I've just realized that my current BLM1 map would be better off placed your former level's mapslot (P2M9) - thematicaly speaking, decided to move it there and even gotten a great idea on what kind of level I could (and will) make to fill the now vaccant BLM1 slot!

This means the project is now once again fully filled up again (there's no more unclaimed mapslots left...)!

Hello there. Well, I was pretty confused by the track that you sent for your level. So I played to it and made... 3 tracks because I didn't know what kind of ambience will fits this level. Maybe some jazz or techno or drum&bass ? Well, here it is and tell me which one will be fine for this plateforms level. :P 

MIDI tracks for the level.zip

15 hours ago, R0rque. said:

Hello there. Well, I was pretty confused by the track that you sent for your level. So I played to it and made... 3 tracks because I didn't know what kind of ambience will fits this level. Maybe some jazz or techno or drum&bass ? Well, here it is and tell me which one will be fine for this plateforms level. :P 

MIDI tracks for the level.zip

In terms of pacing the MIDI that comes closest is the funky jazz one BUT in terms of ambience none of them fit, as I always pictured the song for this level to be dark and oppressive (like the level itself). To put that into perspective: If I had to pick the track for the level from your previous work for example, I'd pick the track you made for P3M8, because the start of it hits that exact theme I'd want for this (though the fast paced parts of that track obviously don't fit).

Would it be too much trouble for you to write something like this (something with the overall pacing of the funky jazz song, but the dark and oppressive theme of the begging of your P3M8 MIDI)?

P.S.: Sorry for not communicating this clearer the first time around. I really should have done a better job of telling you exactly what I want...

@Herr Dethnout, @R0rque., @Razza, @DavidN, @noob_killer012345678, @AnArchaicApparatus OK so after all this time the issue of this wad not running in boom compatible ports has finnaly been fixed and update 33 is finnaly here. If you want to you can now therefore test your map in boom ports such as prboom+ and DSDA, which have both been confirmed working (except for my unfinished maps and Herr Dethnout's P1M1 - those glass textures are still proving problematic...). If you're going to do this however then it's very important that you all follow the following load order:

OTEX_1.1.wad first AND

cleanout_combined(1).wad (the wad in the most recent update's zip) second 

Another announcment is that I've started work on another bonus map (the one that displaced my previous one to P2M9) which I initialy wanted to have in the BLM1 (e4m1) slot, but then realized would be too long and intence so I did the following:

-I moved Herr Dethnout's bonus level from BLM2 (e4m2) to BLM1 (e4m1) - where it was meant to be from the begging

-I moved R0rque.'s bonus level from BLM3 (e4m3) to BLM2 (e4m2) 

-I moved AnArchaicApparatus's bonus level from BLM4 (e4m4) to BLM3 (e4m3)

-I prepared an empty slot (put in a placeholder map containing only a small square room, an exit switch and the 4 player starts) for noob_killer012345678's level AND

-Moved my new (still work in progress) bonus level from BLM1 (e4m1) to BLM5

And last but not least I ended up including a few more dehacked stuff some of you may find usefull:

1. This unused stalagmite sprite that I turned into an actual stalagmite (by replacing the redundant bloody mess 2 thing):

SMT2A0.png.86141651dd2be6e2bc5b6789275458cc.png (which you'll now find under the thing name Guts and Bones 2 - thing type 12)

2. This stalaktite thing that I made out of the stalagmite sprite mentined previously (by fliping it vertically and replacing the redundant hanging leg (blocking) thing - redundant cause there's no reason why that puny sewered leg should block anybody...):

SMT3A0.png.931868fd0d47b388751b16bb9ef36696.png(which you'll now find under the thing name Hanging leg 2 - thing type 62) AND

3.A dead baron of hell decoration that I made out of the redundant dead lost soul thing (thing type 23)

P.S. : You might want to all check if you placed any of these things in before this change that might look silly now (I'm starting to find in my maps that I have...)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iuv9mto1ue5o1qz/cleanout_dehacked_3.zip?dl=0 (changed dehacked file)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf6sd5i2m93lnp2/resprited monsters_1.zip?dl=0 (new sprites included into the resprited monsters wad)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lah8vzfjg5lx6ck/Cleanout_33.zip?dl=0 (update 33 - new sprites and dehacked included)

3 hours ago, epicyolomaster420 said:

A lot of good news

Great to hear that, now I can test it on Doom Retro heh.

Anyway, I will see whats up with the glass textures.

I also have some good news for the project: I finally finished my internship (yay!), so I have a lot of free time to spend on the maps, I will bring the "probably" FINAL versions of both maps in more or less 1-2 weeks, for real. :P

@Herr Dethnout, @R0rque.@Razza, @DavidN, @noob_killer012345678, @AnArchaicApparatus I made some more dehacked and enemy sprite modifications (hopefully the last ones time...). You see the thing is I got bothered by:

1.How the cacodemon's fireball now has a differrent look to it, but no accompaning change in it's property's, ,how easily the cacodemon losses to the new (more dangerous) baron in infighting as well as also how it's no more threatning than the regular cacodemon, so I decided to increase the damage of the projectile from 5 on lowest damage roll & 40 on highest to 6 on lowest damage roll & 48 on highest.

2. The color of the baron fireball (due to it no longer matching the color of the magic emerging from baron's hands), so I decided to recolor it and while I was at it change it's damage as well - this time by reducing it from 8 on lowest damage roll & 64 on highest to 7 on lowest damage roll & 56 on highest (to compensate for the caco fireball's increase...):

BAL7A1A5.png.8118011a4ec21f225dcecd7b987db0db.pngBAL7A3A7.png.364fa73823631b3a02f70ba40384b608.png AND LASTLY

3. How the mastemind now has a different attack and width but the same old look, so I recolored it:

SPIDA1D1.png.70a48a947e44db87bd045d1c45dcf4da.png

Again, just like last time these changes don't seem game changing enough to me to put them up for vote or anything so I'm making them permanent.

Here is the most recent update of the wad (with all these changes):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4jay6hai0n6glwn/Cleanout_34.zip?dl=0

And just the dehacked file and changed sprites containing wad:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cju73lt556vaiwj/cleanout_dehacked_4.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sapmvy0ldfnhvtq/resprited monsters_2.zip?dl=0

Also I'm going to try to do my best to avoid making any more changes like this in the future, so I hope you bair with me... (I'm not trying to turn this into a mod or anything)!

14 minutes ago, noob_killer012345678 said:

I hope i didnt delay stuff

You didn't but I do have some comments about your map:

1. This big central room is very empty and underdetailed and could use some more detailing and most of all some stuff in the middle:

114515474_2023-02-20(1).png.ea8a04ef8b448033976b8eb0807f538a.png

2. I found myself running out of ammo in this room and the next one after that (the one with the imps in the mini black castle, which I really quite liked by the way - maybe consider putting a bigger version of a castle like that in the big empty central room...) AND

3. Without the whole ammo shortage thing the map whould actually be quite easy and wouldn't really fit in this late mapslot (which, as it seems you haven't noticed, has been changed from 5 to 4 recently...).

So I was wondering if there is any chance you could adress these issues?

13 hours ago, epicyolomaster420 said:

You didn't but I do have some comments about your map:

1. This big central room is very empty and underdetailed and could use some more detailing and most of all some stuff in the middle:

114515474_2023-02-20(1).png.ea8a04ef8b448033976b8eb0807f538a.png

2. I found myself running out of ammo in this room and the next one after that (the one with the imps in the mini black castle, which I really quite liked by the way - maybe consider putting a bigger version of a castle like that in the big empty central room...) AND

3. Without the whole ammo shortage thing the map whould actually be quite easy and wouldn't really fit in this late mapslot (which, as it seems you haven't noticed, has been changed from 5 to 4 recently...).

So I was wondering if there is any chance you could adress these issues?

Yes, i can. As i said: I kinda stressed together some parts of the map, and i would have nothing against being able to change stuff up

Hello there. As I told you several weeks ago, I found (made of course) a MIDI file to use for your map. Tell me if it's okay for you. It's one of the MIDI files I sent to the community leader several months ago and I don't think this one has been used for a map. So I think this will be a good idea. ;) @noob_killer012345678

By the way, the E3M3 has still no "music". I wonder if it's normal or not. :/ @epicyolomaster420

Cleanout Map 3.zip

1 hour ago, R0rque. said:

Hello there. As I told you several weeks ago, I found (made of course) a MIDI file to use for your map. Tell me if it's okay for you. It's one of the MIDI files I sent to the community leader several months ago and I don't think this one has been used for a map. So I think this will be a good idea. ;) @noob_killer012345678

By the way, the E3M3 has still no "music". I wonder if it's normal or not. :/ @epicyolomaster420

Cleanout Map 3.zip

Oh yea, sorry about that. I must have forgotten to include it in (I haven't really worked on E3M3 for quite a while...), but I promise I'll include it into the next update, that I'm currently preparing as we speak.

And as for the song you've suggested for noob_killer's map, the reason why I haven't used it yet is because I haven't found the right map to match it to but will do that soon I promise. As for @noob_killer012345678 using it for his level though I don't think that would be a good idea because as from what I've played of the map it isn't nearly fast paced enough to fit together with as fast paced a song as this one (though it's none of my business really to tell you what song you can and cannot use in your map so if you want to use this song in your map regardless or you're even considering to make it more fast paced to make this song fit then by all means be my guest... - think of this more of a suggestion that anything else...).

@DavidN, @Razza, @Philnemba OK so after all this time the next update is here and in terms of the amount of new content and it's implications on the wad it is an absolute monster so here is the rundown:

1.      I recently realized from looking at a doom 1 wad (called Der Wahsinn) that AnArchicApparatus had made how he managed to implement in doom2 monsters (by using doom2 enemy attacks that were already in doom1 and the enemy's redundant walking state frames) and had almost immediately after than gotten an idea on how to make and implement into Cleanout a custom monster of my own (mostly because I had had this idea – the idea of implementing in a custom mini boss monster much  like Sunder's Hive mother, before) that I just couldn't resist. Because of this I then went into making it's dehacked file and sprites and have since then finished said implementation in Dehacked and even managed to make almost ¾ of its sprites. I then also worked the custom monster into some of my maps already, so the implementation of it into the wad's maps is already under way (and is not something I'm willing to negotiate on or put to a vote…). The monster is essentially a cross between a cyberdemon and a baron of hell as it has a sized up version of the baron of hell head arms & torso put on top of cyberdemon legs and rocket launcher and looks like this:

396457517_CYBBF1(1).png.f07c7500f2acf5737c1a2b696b1bf0ab.png1525602932_CYBBA1(1).png.8ebdc6aa5d77ed04a3e91b0c1a6f69b5.png

It’s primary attack starts with it firing a revenant fireball and a cluster of resprited & less damaging baron fireballs from its dual rocket launcher two times and then for the third part of its attack fires out 4 (regular) baron fireballs in a spread pattern. It will also reuse this spread pattern as it’s secondary attack, which it uses when it's hurt.

If you want to use him in your maps than I say, go ahead and if you do then that’s fine to though I’d advise that those of you who have 2 maps consider using him in a later mapslot rather than an earlier one as he is quite powerful (though this is just a suggestion…)

2.      I’ve reshuffled some levels around: BLM1 (@Herr Dethnout) moved to P3M2, BLM2 (@R0rque.) moved to P2M9 due to its imps gimmick making it fit more for the secret level than my level that was previously there, cause it didn’t have one…,BLM3 (@AnArchaicApparatus) moved to P1M5, BLM4 (@noob_killer012345678) moved to P1M4,

update:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzsynny78kg0o62/Cleanout_35.zip?dl=0

resprited monsters file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/evxpphsbf2a7lwv/resprited monsters_3.zip?dl=0

dehacked:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/crqtn8nww7r715e/cleanout_dehacked_5.zip?dl=0

dehacked test map - E1M1 for those of you who want to test this custom monster out seperately

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mcoevj64earo5mc/Cleanout dehacked test map.zip?dl=0

Edited by epicyolomaster420 : forgot to ping one of my mappers

Also a few more things I forgot to mention:

1) The reason I shuffled around the levels is because I had finally realized that, I had taken on too many maps and had to throw out 3 of my least developed and most ambitious maps and merge together 2 others into 1. This puts my new map count at 21 (before all this it was at 25...) and the total amount of maps that this megawad will have once it's finished to 30 (previously this number was 34)

2) The name of this new custom monster that I had now mostly finished and implimented is the cyber hellbaron (cause you know: it's a combo between a cyberdemon and a baron (of hell) - not the most imaginitive name, I know...)

3) The reason I put the bonus levels from @Herr Dethnout, @R0rque., @AnArchaicApparatus and @noob_killer012345678 where I did is because the overall theme of the levels (including thier sky textures), their dificulty, weapon pick-ups, boss monster usage and their current/estimated monster count made it feel appropriate for me to put them there and because these levels are now filling in for those levels of mine that I threw out (as illuded to in point 1). The reason I'm even talking about this is because:

a) I would like to ask (if this is not too much to ask - please ping me if you feel like it is) those of you that have sky textures in these now moved levels (Herr Dethnout and noob_killer012345678) if you gave your levels one of the sky textures currently already present in the episode in which they now reside or at least a sky texture that fits the theme (so for noob killers level this would mean a space-y sky  texture like the ones in phase1, which the level already had to start with AND for Herr Dethnout's level a hell-ish sky texture like the ones present in phase3)? AND

b) I would like to ask if Herr Dethnout could make his now moved bonus level (previously BLM1 and now P3M2) have more monsters on all skill levels than the previous level (which has 100 monsters on easy, 151 on medium and 200 on hard) and less than the amount that will soon be present on the next level  (which when I adjust the current kill count will have 666 monsters on easy, 922 on medium and 1178 on hard)?

Edited by epicyolomaster420 : fixed typo

7 hours ago, epicyolomaster420 said:

Also a few more things I forgot to mention:

1) The reason I shuffled around the levels is because I had finally realized that, I had taken on too many maps and had to throw out 3 of my least developed and most ambitious maps and merge together 2 others into 1. This puts my new map count at 21 (before all this it was at 25...) and the total amount of maps that this megawad will have once it's finished to 30 (previously this number was 34)

2) The name of this new custom monster that I had now mostly finished and implimented is the cyber hellbaron (cause you know: it's a combo between a cyberdemon and a baron (of hell) - not the most imaginitive name, I know...)

3) The reason I put the bonus levels from @Herr Dethnout, @R0rque., @AnArchaicApparatus and @noob_killer012345678 where I did is because the overall theme of the levels (including thier sky textures), their dificulty, weapon pick-ups, boss monster usage and their current/estimated monster count made it feel appropriate for me to put them there and because these levels are now filling in for those levels of mine that I threw out (as illuded to in point 1). The reason I'm even talking about this is because:

a) I would like to ask (if this is not too much to ask - please ping me if you feel like it is) those of you that have sky textures in these now moved levels (Herr Dethnout and noob_killer012345678) if you gave your levels one of the sky textures currently already present in the episode in which they now reside or at least a sky texture that fits the theme (so for noob killers level this would mean a space-y sky  texture like the ones in phase1, which the level already had to start with AND for Herr Dethnout's level a hell-ish sky texture like the ones present in phase3)? AND

b) I would like to ask if Herr Dethnout could make his now moved bonus level (previously BLM1 and now P3M2) have more monsters on all skill levels than the previous level (which has 100 monsters on easy, 151 on medium and 200 on hard) and less than the amount that will soon be present on the next level  (which when I adjust the current kill count will have 666 monsters on easy, 922 on medium and 1178 on hard)?

Hi! Sorry for not being active in all this time, lack of motivation and University. I promised to bring both levels in 1-2 weeks starting from January 31... It seems that I failed :''P

Anyway, the good side of all of this is with this new info, I don't need to battle with sudden changes on my levels, so yeah. Will re-plan the now P3M2 so it can fit with the new monstercount. And probably a slight redo of  P1M1 since I'm not feeling convinced on how the level is going, I will try to give updates more often. :P

Due to mappers block since January & not touching my map since December, I decided to drop out of this community project and post my unfinish map here because I don't think I'm ever gonna finish it to lack of motivation :(

@epicyolomaster420 Here's the latest unfinished version of my map so do whatever you want with it: P1M6_Phil_unfinished.zip

1 hour ago, Philnemba said:

Due to mappers block since January & not touching my map since December, I decided to drop out of this community project and post my unfinish map here because I don't think I'm ever gonna finish it to lack of motivation :(

@epicyolomaster420 Here's the latest unfinished version of my map so do whatever you want with it: P1M6_Phil_unfinished.zip

Sorry to see you go, but I do like what I see in the map quite a lot, so I think I'm going to finnish it myself!

On 3/13/2023 at 6:04 PM, epicyolomaster420 said:

I would like to ask (if this is not too much to ask - please ping me if you feel like it is) those of you that have sky textures in these now moved levels (Herr Dethnout and noob_killer012345678) if you gave your levels one of the sky textures currently already present in the episode in which they now reside or at least a sky texture that fits the theme (so for noob killers level this would mean a space-y sky  texture like the ones in phase1, which the level already had to start with AND for Herr Dethnout's level a hell-ish sky texture like the ones present in phase3)?

Honestly: I don't really care much about what you do with the map, as long as it looks good and fits the theme of being a space base (which is what i had in my mind)