Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SteveRock

fellow doomers, any mobile games you like?

The topic of this thread appears to be still actual, so let me go with my not-so-long but well-polished list. There are some games that I'm still playing and some that I played a long time ago, but I think all of them are worth mentioning.

• Traffic Racer (endless arcade racing; 2012) by SKGames
  • WoodBall (arcade; 2015) by Simge Simulation
  • OpenArena (AFPS; 2012) by Pelya, originally developed by @leileilol, Neon_Knight and others in 2008
  • Freedoom (FPS; 2018) by @t3l3tubie aka MKrupczak3, originally developed by @chungy and @fraggle in 2003
  • Snake EX2 (snake; 2009) by Steve Longhurst aka LongSteve
  • Phantom Spider (arcade; 2009) by Nokia
  • Doodle Jump (platformer; 2009) by Lima Sky
  • Doodle Jump 2 (platformer; 2020) by Lima Sky
  • Subway Surfers (endless runner; 2012) by SYBO Games
  • Jetpack Joyride (endless runner; 2011) by Halfbrick Studios
  • Temple Run (endless runner; 2011) by Imangi Studios
  • Temple Run 2 (endless runner; 2013) by Imangi Studios
  • Rail Rush (endless runner; 2012) by Miniclip
  • Zombie Castaways (adventure-simulation; 2016) by Vizor Games, originally released as an internal VK game in 2010
  • Angry Gran Run (endless runner; 2012) by Ace Viral

• T-Rex Game aka Dinosaur Game aka Chrome Dino etc. (browser game, endless runner; 2014) by Chrome UX Team (that one offline hidden game in the Google Chrome browser)

• Fruit Ninja (arcade; 2011) by Halfbrick Studios

• 2048 (puzzle; 2014) by Gabriele Cirulli

• Doom 200&1 (adventure; 2018) by Igor Ribeiro aka IgorDev

• Master of Sin (strategy game; 2017) by Mist Fox Multimedia

Edited by Geniraul : typo

Playing games in mobile is not that different than playing on a GameBoy, 3DS or other nomad consoles.

Anyway if you like roguelite card games I heavily recommend Night of Full Moon. I just love the whimsy artistic direction and the deck building is pretty good.

I also currently play Diablo Immortal, a way better game that most people despise without having actually played it. The MTX are mostly optional and useless as far as PvE progression is concerned, they only affect the PvP side which is where all the whales battle against each other and can pretty much be ignored. The game has its share of flawed, repetitive gameplay systems but it's still miles better than any other hack & slash mobile games out there.

Door Kickers plays well on mobile. Tactical swat sort of game. Its pausing ability and short missions are good for pick up and go.

pour one out for action button entertainment's ZIGGURAT

also used to play llamasoft's gridrunner (still available as an APK over here) and the ios port of dodonpachi daifukkatsu quite regularly. have no interest in gambling for waifus, which seems to be the overwhelming majority of mobile games these days, already spent enough gambling for respiratory diseases. the less i use that hell rectangle, the better.

I just have an emulator installed.

My pick being Lemuroid, it's slick, easy and it's capable of emulating all types of systems. I have been playing Castlevania on it recently.

None really, even though I got goaded to play Mobile Legends more than once. But I dislike MOBAs even on the PC, so there's that.

At first i used freedoom just for doom and heretic and then i tried QuakeDroid but i didnt like it ,now i prety much use the Opentocuh trinity, it a whole different animal compare to its free conterparts and much better, with the exeption of zeta touch that one has been always free, still waiting for what the alpha versio is about but i also found out about the dead space mobile game in archive.org so i can wait for it 

Dead_Space_(mobile)_logo.jpg.cf139fa3df89ae424a370426658436bd.jpg

Occasionally do Duke Nukem Manhattan Project if I'm very, very bored. That was ported to mobile.

I used to play the Infinity Blade trilogy many years ago. That was one of the few mobile games that was actually a proper, good game and designed with touch screen in mind. As opposed to 99% of these garbage mobile games that are "free" just until you've been playing long enough to get hooked, then they bully you into buying micro-transactions/in-app purchases. Don't bother searching for Infinity Blade now though. They took it off the store a couple years back. Why? I don't know. They were tired of updating it to work with modern iOS updates I guess, and interest and demand had faded when the last game in the series came out in 2012.

Way back in the days of iPhone 3GS, I remember Temple Run and Doodle Jump were the games I had.

On 7/5/2023 at 5:05 PM, Geniraul said:

The topic of this thread appears to be still actual, so let me go with my not-so-long but well-polished list. There are some games that I'm still playing and some that I played a long time ago, but I think all of them are worth mentioning.

• Traffic Racer (endless arcade racing; 2012) by SKGames
  • WoodBall (arcade; 2015) by Simge Simulation
  • OpenArena (AFPS; 2012) by Pelya, originally developed by @leileilol, Neon_Knight and others in 2008
  • Freedoom (FPS; 2018) by @t3l3tubie aka MKrupczak3, originally developed by @chungy and @fraggle in 2003
  • Snake EX2 (snake; 2009) by Steve Longhurst aka LongSteve
  • Phantom Spider (arcade; 2009) by Nokia
  • Doodle Jump (platformer; 2009) by Lima Sky
  • Doodle Jump 2 (platformer; 2020) by Lima Sky
  • Subway Surfers (endless runner; 2012) by SYBO Games
  • Jetpack Joyride (endless runner; 2011) by Halfbrick Studios
  • Temple Run (endless runner; 2011) by Imangi Studios
  • Temple Run 2 (endless runner; 2013) by Imangi Studios
  • Rail Rush (endless runner; 2012) by Miniclip
  • Zombie Castaways (adventure-simulation; 2016) by Vizor Games, originally released as an internal VK game in 2010
  • Angry Gran Run (endless runner; 2012) by Ace Viral

• T-Rex Game aka Dinosaur Game aka Chrome Dino etc. (browser game, endless runner; 2014) by Chrome UX Team (that one offline hidden game in the Google Chrome browser)

• Fruit Ninja (arcade; 2011) by Halfbrick Studios

• 2048 (puzzle; 2014) by Gabriele Cirulli

• Doom 200&1 (adventure; 2018) by Igor Ribeiro aka IgorDev

• Master of Sin (strategy game; 2017) by Mist Fox Multimedia

Oh yeah...I remember Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride.

Microsoft Solitaire Collection:

Hate the ads but I don't mind them too much for endless rounds of solitaire, freecell & tripeaks.

Infinitode:

A solid tower defense game. Lots of upgrades, good tower & enemy variety and even includes a level editor.

Idle Dyson Swarm:

Cozy little idle/incremental game. The 2.0 update changed the game quite a bit from what is used to be. Doesn't take super long to 100% game which I liked.

Terraria / Minecraft:

These are admittedly just ports of the PC games but I don't mind playing them on the mobile. They help kill the time when traveling.

I've put a lot of hours into Dead Cells on my iPhone. once you get used to touch controls its a super fun game on mobile. 

While the games below are available on iPhone as well, I mainly play them on iPad and have had a hell of a time, which are: 

• Samorost series - great adventure/puzzle games. Wonderful art style, just overall pleasant stuff
  • Machinarium - same developer as Samorost. Same reasons as above. 
  • Played most of the Final Fantasy pixel remasters on my iPhone. Good stuff
  • Papers, Please 
  • There Is No Game
  • Fantasian 
  • Thumper 

I get that mobile gaming is typically littered with gacha games or poor ports, but I definitely like the convenience of having a game available whenever. And as someone who's totally in love with my iPad, I'll always be on the lookout for a good title or port for it.