Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EPICALLL

So, imagine yourself in this scenario...

Imagine yourself in this scenario;

Some guy knocks on your door at 8:30 AM asking if you want to try a "Doom WAD." Whatver that's supposed to be.

You ask for his name, and he responds: "Terry." He promises you that the WAD he will give you is fresh and of high quality.

The catch being, you have to play the entire WAD through, eating up the 5 hours of time you were going to use building your own WAD. Do you play the WAD? If you decline, Terry will go away, and you may never try his WAD again.

I ask more questions about the wad. I don't mind jokewads, I'm also ok with hot garbage mock ups (levels that make you think it's another hot garbage level before turning into a troll or regular level masterpiece), and i'm intrigued by troll levels. But at the same time I'm so bad at puzzle levels I'll watch others play them.

If someone asks me to test one of those 3, I'm fine.

But the moment someone mentio s terrywads/ terrylevels (Or in SMM/C&C terms: UHG = Ultra Hot Garbage, or Jerry levels) I'm stayibg the fuck away from them.

So if terry knocks on my door, I'll ask a bunch of questions and if he runs away if I turn it down, fine with me.

If i'm in the middle of a once-a-decade creative spurt, no. Otherwise, yes.

8:30 AM i'm more likely to answer doors than at night, and having the whole rest of the day to play this mystery wad sounds nice.

Part of the scenario is that i have to play the wad, which cancels out the factor of my minimal attention span (the reason I very rarely offer to playtest things now)

I'll gleefully answer the door in my Doom underwear holding a jar of mayonnaise and an excessively large cucumber.

"I'm willing to take full responsibility for the horrible events of the last 24 hours but you must understand: our interest in their world was purely for the betterment of mankind."

It's too specific. I think NFW would probably suffice. If this guy looks anything like the kid with the UltimareAVGN channel, I'll probably pull a sharp object out.

I'd accept, no questions asked.

Always had a very hard time saying no to the unknown. I'm working on it.

I don't know, this Terry guy seems quite preposterous in nature, Maybe even a troublemaker.

I would need to call my lawyer to see if there are any illegal substances (DRUGS) in this High Quality Five Hour Wad that was hand delivered to my doorstep before playing.  

i would have to be real with terry and let them know to lay off the ice for a little bit, for their own health

6 hours ago, AdNauseam said:

This is quite a creepy and oddly specific scenario.

EPICALLL, blink three times if you're in danger.

Also to answer your question, nah.

On a scale of 1 - Snoop Dogg, how bombed were you when came up with this thread?

3 hours ago, Murdoch said:

On a scale of 1 - Snoop Dogg, how bombed were you when came up with this thread?

I've been sober my whole life.
Also, jeez, that's a LOT of replies, well, replies from UNIQUE people, that is.

29 minutes ago, EPICALLL said:

I've been sober my whole life.

[redacted]

Edited by satan : The devil's lettuce

I am at work at 8.30 am, so nobody will answer.

Guy will be stuck with his request for eternity.

Also OP this is oddly specific memery you have going on there.

8 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

Also OP this is oddly specific memery you have going on there.

Maybe even a little bit of foolish mischief???

Needs a bit more work before you put it on nosleep imo. Perhaps you could add a line about hyper realistic blood coming out of the monitor, or the sprites being oddly high res. Just spit balling here, the soulsphere is kind of creepy, maybe that's actually John Romero's lost brother, Romerobrine.

I ask for the WAD and will "Play it later"

EDIT ; Woops, i mean't i would say get out of my house you piece of.

"hey terry, when you came by earlier today, you looked like you could use some of this. i'm worried about ya."
pav6h0c.jpg