Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deathz0r

The /newstuff Chronicles #115

Ultraviolet said:

So uh... you suppose it was the same person who did that Openprojects wad?

Lament did openprojects.wad. As far as I know, he's not 1337 enough with ZDoom to do all the fancy scripting in dwforums.wad.

Fredrik said:

I've noticed the trend that the rate of "LOL-I'M-STUPID-LEVAL"-WADs has increased exponentially the last months.

yeah, but did 1337 or mokcery 2 start the fad?

Epyo said:

yeah, but did 1337 or mokcery 2 start the fad?

No, it started when people first started making maps in '93-'94.

Brotherhood of Ruin is ok, some of the maps are nice and the combat is alright in most places. I don't care for the overuse of symmetrical monster placement, and there's barely enough ammo. All those Hell Knights aren't a big deal with a well-fed super at your side.

DWForums.wad

ROFL. Very cool (and funny) indeed. IMO there should have been some dialogue in the newstuff flamewar though, as that would have crowned it all.

But what if you don't want a warez copy of DeePsea?

And who was doing /newstuff that week? (it wasn't me)

(and going into the hosted forum isn't a waste of time, as you might need the clip that's in there given the ammo balance)

BTW, who thinks that Hyena made it?

[17:01] <_Hyena_> I want to see what deathz0r said about the crap I uploaded

Hmm...

Ultraviolet said:

So uh... you suppose it was the same person who did that Openprojects wad?

If I did something as great as dwforums.wad, why would i release it anonymously?

Ultimate DooMer said:

ROFL. Very cool (and funny) indeed. IMO there should have been some dialogue in the newstuff flamewar though, as that would have crowned it all.

But what if you don't want a warez copy of DeePsea?

And who was doing /newstuff that week? (it wasn't me)

(and going into the hosted forum isn't a waste of time, as you might need the clip that's in there given the ammo balance)

BTW, who thinks that Hyena made it?

Hmm...

No. If I made that I would claim responsibility by now. I wish I made it.
I want to see (or make) a sequel about #zdoom. I sent an e-mail to the address listed and got no response . . . maybe it's a real address but they don't ever check it.

I have a funny feeling that Linguica made it somehow. I don't know why, it's just a hunch.

Whoever made dwforums.wad must have tons of fun creating it. Good job!

My attempts to take over DW failed, though. I couldn't stop Arioch from resurrecting BBG. While I was searching for cover from BBG's flames, some of the NewDoom lamers got resurrected too and I was overwhelmed.

I guess that only makes any sense when you've played the wad.

I stopped Arioch before ressurecting anything BUT BBG, when I killed arioch though. I was out of ammo and couldn't figure out how to open the secret where lut gives you admin powers. I had lots of cells but no Plasma.. :/

It was real fun though ;) and since I suck dogs atm (fractured mouse hand) I had to play a few times just to get that far.. :p

Oh yeah. almost forgot, anyone but me noticed that mr Captain Mancubus isn't a Mancubus? (haven't played it but from the shots I can see no indication that he's even slightly a demon/zombie/whatever evil doom holds)

mwahahahahaha, etc

Apparently I resurrected BBG 3 times on cyb's first play-through

I didn't have any trouble killing myself before any resurrections when I played it through though.

The hardest part for me was killing Cyb. Arioch wasn't too hard, as long as I don't let him leave the room, and as long as I killed him first before getting rid of the other two.

kristus said:

I stopped Arioch before ressurecting anything BUT BBG, when I killed arioch though. I was out of ammo and couldn't figure out how to open the secret where lut gives you admin powers. I had lots of cells but no Plasma.. :/

It was real fun though ;) and since I suck dogs atm (fractured mouse hand) I had to play a few times just to get that far.. :p

Oh yeah. almost forgot, anyone but me noticed that mr Captain Mancubus isn't a Mancubus? (haven't played it but from the shots I can see no indication that he's even slightly a demon/zombie/whatever evil doom holds)

When you go to kill the admins in their own forum, all the platforms (with the weapons and cell pack on) are down, so you can just dash into the room and grab the rocket launcher and plasma gun from there.

btw, Captain Mancubus has a mirror in the first map so you can look at yourself as a mancubus. (all the scripted marines are mancubi too)

edit: damn, I forgot about the rocket launcher being a mancubus flamethrower, although you only fire one fireball (rocket) at a time, hence the joke on the end text.

Uh, is there any particular reason I should want to download this v1.1 of Captain Mancubus if I already have the first release from a couple of weeks back?

pritch said:

Uh, is there any particular reason I should want to download this v1.1 of Captain Mancubus if I already have the first release from a couple of weeks back?

Probably not. I rereleased the wad because there were 9 or 10 things that were nagging the hell out of me (no coop starts, and I've had complaints from my brothers about "place of no return"). I had to get some stuff out of my system. I asked Black Void if he wanted anything changed and he did some stuff. Also, I'm not thinking of anymore rereleases, at least not for another 10 months.

Arioch said:

Man arioch killed me that last time, what a bastard.

Aah, smells like suicide. Heh. :) It's bout as funny as getting hit by my own rocket.

"Dawgmode rode Dawgmode's rocket!"

The turbo command is so fun. Sometimes I'll just go out into the void purposely and just shoot around. Either that, or make a big roomed map and a dehpatch for super weapons. :)

Arioch said:

mwahahahahaha, etc

Apparently I resurrected BBG 3 times on cyb's first play-through

I didn't have any trouble killing myself before any resurrections when I played it through though.

Hehe, no actually you resurrected BBG twice and Dashiva once, so I ended up having to kill BBG three times and Dashiva twice. Goddamnit.

Cyb said:

Hehe, no actually you resurrected BBG twice and Dashiva once, so I ended up having to kill BBG three times and Dashiva twice. Goddamnit.

Bwhahahha, he didn't resurrect anyone for me, I obliterated him too quickly. :P

I go and make a Mancubus Flamethrower, and it isn't even in a Captain Mancubus wad...

No respect I tells ya, no respect. My doctor told me I was dying, I said I wanted a second opinion. He said you're also ugly too.

No respect.

Scuba Steve, Rodney Dangerfield.

If I am to play a wad the claims that you are the Manc, then there better be a Manc flamer. or atleast something that makes it any difference other than seeing a manc in some cutscenes.

kristus said:

Scuba Steve, Rodney Dangerfield.

If I am to play a wad the claims that you are the Manc, then there better be a Manc flamer. or atleast something that makes it any difference other than seeing a manc in some cutscenes.

You get a mancubus flamethrower, (I think, I played it months ago).

And Scuba Steve, this was before you made your weap. :P

Hey Deathz0r, shut up! The Brotherhood of Ruin is good! Look at that aztec (?) textures. And Deliverance is great. Good job SlayeR! And Doomworld Forum Adventures! is hilarious. Hello, Hell is... what is that? Mockery fever? And Judas Priest a tiro limpio is interesting.

hrmm.. hafta check that out

[edit] Cool you get a set of mancubus arms to replace the Rocket Launcher. I't would've been cool had there been more 'cubus like effects. 300 health, your default weapon could be flame arms with Unlimited ammo, yet a bit weak.

I did always have respect for those Fat Bastards. They were like big, Fat Tanks.

Cacodreams said:

Hey Deathz0r, shut up! The Brotherhood of Ruin is good! Look at that aztec (?) textures.

Once again, the ignorance of people who couldn't give a shit about gameplay never ceases to amaze me.

deathz0r said:

Once again, the ignorance of people who couldn't give a shit about gameplay never ceases to amaze me.

I agree that the gameplay would not suit everyone. In particular those who do not like cramped, low ammo situations. For some people, this is great gameplay though.