Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xymph

DoomWiki Month in Review (Issue #42)

34 minutes ago, Xymph said:

Doom for Super NES map articles

That's a nice touch. I remember SNES maps were absent in the articles, though even now I keep orienting on PC images, except for E2M2(3) where they placed a secret exit.

Excellent work all around! So glad to finally see UDMF support after so long. Another nice milestone was that the Lost Levels for Doom 64 now have full walkthroughs, as well. :)

1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

Another nice milestone was that the Lost Levels for Doom 64 now have full walkthroughs, as well. :)

Oh of course, sorry for skipping that.

On 9/1/2022 at 8:54 AM, Dimon12321 said:

That's a nice touch. I remember SNES maps were absent in the articles, though even now I keep orienting on PC images, except for E2M2(3) where they placed a secret exit.

If the SNES article uses the PC image, it means the hash of the PNGs were identical when the image was generated. Many (I dare say most) of the maps in SNES Doom in fact change absolutely nothing about the architecture.

The old Sewerside map is missing from Adventure of Square (accessible with 'map OLDSEWER'), it should probably be covered for archival sake, and since its still in the game and perfectly playable, albeit without music.

2 hours ago, Devalaous said:

The old Sewerside map is missing from Adventure of Square (accessible with 'map OLDSEWER'), it should probably be covered for archival sake, and since its still in the game and perfectly playable, albeit without music.

Just to verify, is @Jimmy also the author of the old version?

EDIT: Confirmed.

Edited by Dynamo

2 hours ago, Devalaous said:

Done.