Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
matador

DBP51: Deadly Ritual

Good stuff! Love the color palette here, gobs of teals accented with golds and reds. Very striking and it works great for the mesoamerican theme. What a nice wad to end the summer on.

8 minutes ago, TheShep said:

Played a healthy bit of the set yesterday. MAP06 had some issues with teleporting monsters...

Anyway here's a vod. Enjoy! https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1579732323

I caught the stream. Was excited to see someone playing it so early. Hope you’ll get around to my map at some point!

Thanks for playing everyone! The OP has been updated with a tiny bugfix: v1.1

Changelog:

Spoiler

• Added MAPINFOs / DeHacked map names.
  • MAP03: Replaced the fading MIDI with the looping version
  • MAP05: Fixed the softlocks behind the chaingunner pillars.
  • MAP10: MIDI is now listed as "51" by Sonny666 in the txt file.
  • MAP11: Fixed an archie teleport bug, spelling errors, an invisible wall error in the first fight and more health for lower skills (+ a BFG for skill 1).

thanks to stxvile and fuguetv for catching my terrible spelling lol [:

This may be the first time the screenshots don't accurately show how great this one looks. I really like this teal temple theme. I've gotten up to map 4, and that map was like a modern Sandy Petersen map, which is a good thing. Good stuff!

Just finished. I really enjoyed it! Especially map 11. That was a really cool concept, and the void layout worked very well. I also really like the checkpoint system if you fall into the void. 

4 hours ago, TJG1289 said:

This may be the first time the screenshots don't accurately show how great this one looks. I really like this teal temple theme. I've gotten up to map 4, and that map was like a modern Sandy Petersen map, which is a good thing. Good stuff!

I have to agree! I was honored to be one of the shots this time around, but I felt like it would have sold it a lot more if my floating pyramid thing was used as a screenshot.

The next and possibly final bugfix is here: v1.2

The link should be the same. I also agree with @Sonny666 about the pyramid, so I added that screenshot to the OP. Thanks again for playing! 

Changelog:

Spoiler

• Added attract mode demos courtesy of @BiZ
  • MAP01: Fixed a slime trail
  • MAP06: Fixed the teleporting monsters, vine clipping and various slime trails.
  • MAP07: Untagged a double-tagged secret, various minor changes

Man, playing this is like stumbling upon Epic 1.5!

Also, tiny nitpick, not sure if intentional or not, but in MAP07, this one SS in particular appears to be stuck to the bed. Was there in the previous version, not sure about the current one.DOOM0049.png.c084d503e71be460445d73f3c840c273.png

P. S. Can trample the sand castle, 10/10.

Edited by brightentayle

9 hours ago, brightentayle said:

Also, tiny nitpick, not sure if intentional or not, but in MAP07, this one SS in particular appears to be stuck to the bed. Was there in the previous version, not sure about the current one.

Spoiler

Yes, it's intentional. He's paralyzed in an infirmary bed.

I've been enjoying this mapset so far. However I'm noticing some slime trails:

Saw this thin line in Map 01:

2022-09-12_19-21-58.png.0dc28799c1bd845a5cd033ccfea8e61c.png

And this large line in map 05:

2022-09-12_19-23-23.png.4f4e62e112cd3a524fa33225df5c682e.png

I hope it's not too late to rebuild nodes without breaking any built-in demos.

19 hours ago, L0l1nd3r said:

I've been enjoying this mapset so far. However I'm noticing some slime trails:

Saw this thin line in Map 01:

2022-09-12_19-21-58.png.0dc28799c1bd845a5cd033ccfea8e61c.png

And this large line in map 05:

2022-09-12_19-23-23.png.4f4e62e112cd3a524fa33225df5c682e.png

I hope it's not too late to rebuild nodes without breaking any built-in demos.

Are you using the latest version (v1.2)? Both of those slime trails should be fixed in that.

5 hours ago, matador said:

Are you using the latest version (v1.2)? Both of those slime trails should be fixed in that.

Yes.

37 minutes ago, L0l1nd3r said:

Yes.

Must've messed something up on my end. OK, made a tiny update v1.3 to address these. Hopefully we've seen the last of those slime trails.

Just finished now. I think I played for about 3 or 4 days.

The changed textures give me the feeling of excavating ancient artifacts.
I liked map 4 and map 11 the most.
and map 11 is uh offering? Personally, I think it's crazy. The music selection and the final atmosphere of decorating the text make me feel Doomguy's last fight.
My computer is shit, so my framerates dropped below 30 in wide void castles.
I wish there were more maps like map 11.

It was really really fun yeah

I took a lot of pictures, but I don't know the folding and unfolding function.
So I'll just post one of my favorite photos.

doom05.png

I've updated the OP with a tiny fix (v1.4) to remove some bugs introduced in v1.3. This should be the final version, barring any new bugs coming to light.

Up to map 9 and this has been a fantastic set so far. The visuals remind me a lot of Brotherhood of Ruin (wow, what a throwback), which is definitely a good thing.

10 hours ago, Firedust said:

Map 11, the following switch doesn't change animation upon being activated: https://prnt.sc/WmoZkBl1vzJP

EDIT: Actually a problem with all the switches in this area.

Thanks for the report, but I cannot seem to replicate the issue you are having. What port are you playing on?

That particular switch doesn't have much animation other than the lever moving from left to right. Is it making the switch sound when you hit it at least?

35 minutes ago, BiZ said:

Thanks for the report, but I cannot seem to replicate the issue you are having. What port are you playing on?

That particular switch doesn't have much animation other than the lever moving from left to right. Is it making the switch sound when you hit it at least?

It does make the switch sound upon activation, but the lever never moves. Oddly enough, in all the other sections of the map and remaining maps, everything works as intended. Using ZDoom.

3 hours ago, Firedust said:

It does make the switch sound upon activation, but the lever never moves. Oddly enough, in all the other sections of the map and remaining maps, everything works as intended. Using ZDoom.

That line has a switch texture on mid and lower texture. ZDoom animates upper, then lower, then mid textures, in that order, so with two switch textures, an unseen lower switch would animate before a visible mid-texture switch. Not sure why that was originally decided upon. The problem was fixed in GZDoom. That now animates mid before lower.

6 hours ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

That line has a switch texture on mid and lower texture. ZDoom animates upper, then lower, then mid textures, in that order, so with two switch textures, an unseen lower switch would animate before a visible mid-texture switch. Not sure why that was originally decided upon. The problem was fixed in GZDoom. That now animates mid before lower.

well thank you stranger, that is actually quite an easy fix.