Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Trackballs vs mice for editing? Was told mmo mice were good too.

Whatever floats your boat. Personally I'm using a Logitech G600 (and I know @Bridgeburner56 also uses it), which has 12 thumb buttons (which can be doubly allocated using the mouse's shift key). That can make mapping much more comfortable.

I feel this is due to general preference and not just 'bout Doom. Whichever you feel more comfortable working with should be your choice. That said it might also depend on where and how you work your level. I don't have a proper table and much space for mouse, I feel like it alone makes me lean toward trackballs beside the fact I like 'em more. I just feel it's stupid to have to keep rising, lowering and moving a mouse. Trackball is as comfortable as a remote, can stay still, be in your hand, on your bed, almost wherever and you never have to curse about finding a proper surface and space for it to work. I personally cannot understand how mouse became the standard. I'm a trackball man all the way. Each to his own, what ever is comfortable and helps you get results. There simply is no universal answer. But like the other guys said, extra buttons on either device never harm ;)

I've been using logitech trackballs exclusively for a few years for editing and playing, a mouse is still faster and more accurate, but the trackball does a good job.