Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Klaesick

If Aliens came to a Future Earth, what CUSTOM Doom wad should be the only evidence Humans existed?

I've got a weird question for all you Doomers.
Let's say Humanity becomes excitant tomorrow. Asteroid impact, natural disaster, nuclear war, etc. Let's say hundreds of thousands of years pass, and either Aliens come to our planet or a new Sapient Species emerges on the world. The only evidence of our existence is a few things remnants of stone monuments, a few plastic things, and... a perfectly preserved flash drive with a custom Doom wad on it.
What custom Doom wad (No official wads, like Ultimate Doom, Dom 2, Plutonia, TNT) should be the only evidence that Humans ever existed? Why do you think this wad should survived over the others?

3 minutes ago, xdarkmasterx said:

Ghoul's Forest 3. Give them a proper scare 😈

Lol. it would be funny to sweet what they would think of our culture with only Ghoul's forest to go off.

5 minutes ago, RastaManGames said:

* Insert your "H-Doom" joke here *

By the way, I think that this thread can be moved to the "WAD Discussion" sub-forum...

Ofcourse H-Doom comes up lol.
But I don't know how to move threads to another forum.

Just now, Wyrmwood said:

Don't know, I'm more interested in the alien source port they use. ETDoom.

I imagine a human source port would be used. Mosley like GZDoom for simplicity's sake.

My vote is for DWANGO5. Badass MIDI selection and gameplay fit for some aliens to frag eachother in 👽 

All the other obvious choices have already been taken, so I'll go with "Sean Connery Gets a Wrench Stuck Up His Anal Hole". The joke won't land if aliens don't have assholes though, so I'm not sure.

Probably any of the most famous Terrywad just so they question the intelligence of those that lived on this planet at one point.

The only wad that even could survive a mass extinction would probably be that Tim Allen wad, by sheer redundancy of assets.

NUTS.wad of course. Doom Guy's greatest triumph should be known throughout the entire galaxy.

23 minutes ago, Shanoa said:

Probably any of the most famous Terrywad just so they question the intelligence of those that lived on this planet at one point.

That should  be Before The Nightmare

I thought this was the low hanging fruit, but apparently nobody has plucked it yet so... Alien Vendetta?

27 minutes ago, Lippeth said:

The only wad that even could survive a mass extinction would probably be that Tim Allen wad, by sheer redundancy of assets.

30,000 levels by Doomguy 2000. At least 22,000 levels would survive.

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

My vote is for DWANGO5. Badass MIDI selection and gameplay fit for some aliens to frag eachother in 👽 

This is the most endearing choice, I reckon. A proud race that has mastered interstellar travel come across this primitive technology on some savage, desiccated planet, and their whole culture is subsumed into one-upping each other in deathmatches. For some reason shitty ping is still a problem in this future, too, because why not.

Just now, Daytime Waitress said:

This is the most endearing choice, I reckon. A proud race that has mastered interstellar travel come across this primitive technology on some savage, desiccated planet, and their whole culture is subsumed into one-upping each other in deathmatches. For some reason shitty ping is still a problem in this future, too, because why not.

I mean, if aliens concluded humans were all about ending each other for kicks, they wouldn't be entirely wrong. I just hope aliens themselves would be better than that, but that's probably wishful thinking, innit.

1 minute ago, Thelokk said:

I mean, if aliens concluded humans were all about ending each other for kicks, they wouldn't be entirely wrong. I just hope aliens themselves would be better than that, but that's probably wishful thinking, innit.

Aliens are dumb as shit, man.

"We need to strengthen our intergalactic army, Terry threatened to destroy Uranus"

On samedi 3 septembre 2022 at 12:55 AM, Klaesick said:

What custom Doom wad (No official wads, like Ultimate Doom, Dom 2, Plutonia, TNT)

If no official IWAD survives, then for the sake of this scenario it should be a standalone custom wad.

17 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Aliens are dumb as shit, man.

"We need to strengthen our intergalactic army, Terry threatened to destroy Uranus"

Cyb's Freaky Colonoscopy was my second pick, to be honest.

9 minutes ago, Gez said:

If no official IWAD survives, then for the sake of this scenario it should be a standalone custom wad.

Freedoom *wink wink*

Or REKKR

The Sky May Be, since I'd love to see alien museums of archaeology expounding on the human's worship of the mysterious Great God Imp and the bizarre toy chest religion built around Him

Another vote for The Sky May Be, if we are going to leave anything behind I would want it to be as incomprehensible as possible.

Special mention to this wad, that will give em something to think about.