Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thedemonsarecoming

DeHackEd patch

Type: dehacked -load mine.deh (make a backup copy of your exe first if you don't already have one) then run the game as normal using the modified exe. (this is if you're using vanilla doom2)

If you use a source port, just type: -deh mine.deh on the command line, no need to patch the exe. (not all ports can do this, but Boom/prBoom, Legacy and ZDoom can)

I think he wants to put it INTO his wad. Get out your favorite wad lump editor and insert it as a lump called dehacked.

BBG said:

Ravage's method only works in ZDoom

..and this is not a problem because this is the only port that matters :)

That method works in Legacy as well (Nimrod has one implanted in it).

Remember that if you use Wintex it's a bit trickier: you have to create a lump with an existing name (like sndinfo or sndseq), load the patch in and then rename it to dehacked. You'll then have to save your wad, then re-open it as you'll have 2 dehacked entries in your wad (wintex bug). Delete the second lump (always this one) and save your wad again, this will work fine.

BBG said:

IIRC, Ravage's method only works in ZDoom, but I'm not sure about that.

It also works in mbf (the 1st port to implement the idea) and derivatives, such as prboom and eternity.

BBG said:

IIRC, Ravage's method only works in ZDoom, but I'm not sure about that.

The DEHACKED lump has been around since MBF, thus every port that supports -deh also supports the DEHACKED lump. ZDoom, prBoom, Eternity, Legacy etc etc. jDoom probably doesn't, but then jDoom is pretty must strictly doom2.exe with a few opengl extras for editing.

Also, wrong forum again damnit. EDITING EDITING, not wads and mods

Actually. Legacy had support for it before that.

BTW I didn't know Lee started MBF before Boom was finished.

kristus said:

Actually. Legacy had support for it before that.

BTW I didn't know Lee started MBF before Boom was finished.

Well Lee coded probably 75% of Boom (if not more), so if you want to get technical you could say that he started coding MBF while coding Boom, but I do believe around the initial release of Boom he started on the MBF specific stuff.