• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

2022ADO ... Released! (now on idgames)

11 hours ago, hawkwind said:

Using GZDoom.

E2M4 ...

1. T391 and 392 would only attack if attacked first.

2. I managed to jump to line 154, pick up the soulsphere, but not land on sector 40, which is flagged secret.

3. Pic of an Intel/Vulkan issue ...

1. Will check. But I don't think I had any issues.

2. You need to land on the crate for the secret to register. I could possibly make the crate deeper, 128 units long from east to west to move the sphere further away from the edge. But it might make the sphere a little harder to spot from the ground.

3. Never had an issue. Maybe it is the sourceport.

I have only tested the maps in Zdoom and Prboom-Plus.

Kristian tells me that work on E3M6 is progressing.

When the final release is done there will be built in demos recorded with Prboom-Plus.

E2M5 ...

I can see via an editor how to get to sector 1104 to exit to the secret level,

but the timing of all those lifts did not give me enough time to do this without

cheating.

45 minutes ago, hawkwind said:

but the timing of all those lifts did not give me enough time

Are you referring to the room with 3 switches and a teleporter east of the start room or the room with 6 switches west of the start room? The 6 switch room took me a few attempts to get right, the timing is quite tight. The 3 switch/teleporter room on the other hand relies on solving a little puzzle to get the 3 doors all open simultaneously so you can get to the secret exit.

1 hour ago, hawkwind said:

E2M5 ...

but the timing of all those lifts did not give me enough time to do this without

cheating.

This was inspired by the most nefarious secrets.

It is intended. You need to run like hell. However it was harder to get as the switches were a bit further apart in the past. Maybe I will bring them 8 units closer again.

I have also fixed up various other minor issues I have found myself.

Public Beta 2 releasing tomorrow.

Great Ultimate Doom maps from what I've played so far.

couple of issues with coop starts:

- E3M9 has two player 3 starts and no player 4 start

- E4M5 is missing a player 4 start

4 minutes ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

Great Ultimate Doom maps from what I've played so far.

couple of issues with coop starts:

- E3M9 has two player 3 starts and no player 4 start

- E4M5 is missing a player 4 start

Cheers, will fix that tomorrow. Hopefully PB2 will be available soon.

Being from the group that prefers doom than doom2, I'm very happy to see another good WAD being built with pleasant gameplay and several moments of panic/fun.

So far, E2M9 is my favorite map and the blue skull area made me literally jump out of my chair! It made me run like crazy looking for a safe zone to breathe!

Good job for everyone involved o/

oh, a little detail for COOP in E2M9:

Spoiler

Crossing the line 3497 closes access to the blue skull area with the bars (sectors 689/690, tag 19) and players in the previous area can't progress

10 hours ago, boom_compatible said:

oh, a little detail for COOP in E2M9:

Reveal hidden contents

Crossing the line 3497 closes access to the blue skull area with the bars (sectors 689/690, tag 19) and players in the previous area can't progress

This could be a tricky one to fix which could require rearranging the co-op starts. This is probably the most linear map in the megawad along with E1M8.

2022ado is however designed for singleplayer.

There are two options.

- Perhaps the line 3497 action and bars could just be removed as I am unaware multiple players can trigger the W1 line. I was thinking only one player would trigger it.

- Or line 3521 can be changed from 112 S1 to 115 SR door open fast so the bars can be reopened by the switch every time they are closed. I know I worked around the issue with the first key and did not give it a thought with the blue key. This might be the best option tbh. I know I find it a bad habit to trap the player inside a room and ambush him, but it needs to be done with a thrill, for example the lights going out for good effect. The secret exit to E2M10 is also located within this dark corner of Jigoku and is revealed once you kill all Barons in the map.

Progress is going well. Also Kristian telling me that E3M6 is progressing nicely and idgames release for November is looking promising right now.

Edited by pcorf

E2M9 ...

I noticed a number of areas where the large skulls in the texture MARBLE2 are not aligned.

E2M6 ...

Lines 1756 and 3030 could be flagged "shown as 1 sided on automap" to hide the secret sector.

E2M7 ...

1. T380, T381, T382 and T383 are only flagged HARD, meanting the "platform" is bare for EASY/MEDIUM skills.

2. Lines 4372 and 4886 could be flagged "shown as 1 sided on automap".

3. Line 4893 has linetype 112, which is currently superfluous. As a suggestion, why not give line 86 the linetype 114, then the action on line 4893 will be useful. Or conversely, the action on line 4893 could be removed.

Edited by hawkwind

20 hours ago, hawkwind said:

E2M9 ...

I noticed a number of areas where the large skulls in the texture MARBLE2 are not aligned.

E2M6 ...

Lines 1756 and 3030 could be flagged "shown as 1 sided on automap" to hide the secret sector.

E2M7 ...

1. T380, T381, T382 and T383 are only flagged HARD, meaning the "platform" is bare for EASY/MEDIUM skills.

2. Lines 4372 and 4886 could be flagged "shown as 1 sided on automap".

3. Line 4893 has linetype 112, which is currently superfluous. As a suggestion, why not give line 86 the linetype 114, then the action on line 4893 will be useful. Or conversely, the action on line 4893 could be removed.

All done!

E3M3 ...

1. Misalignment on line 2756. And should not the texture have been MARBLE2 ?

2. Line 4279 could be flagged "shown as 1 sided on automap".

3. I also noticed that in this map, the blood floor does no damage, unlike earlier levels.

And as a side point, I also noticed that ( so far ) that E3's blood damage is the same as nukage in earlier levels.

Edited by hawkwind

7 hours ago, hawkwind said:

3. I also noticed that in this map, the blood floor does no damage, unlike earlier levels.

And as a side point, I also noticed that ( so far ) that E3's blood damage is the same as nukage in earlier levels.

With Kristian's maps some blood floors damage, others don't. Later on in episode 5 the blood is non damaging.

I think I will withhold Public Beta 2 for a few more days and take a look through the E4 and E5 maps in 3D mode and do any necessary alignments, etc. I have been extra careful with texture alignment.

E3M4 ...

1. Was sector 183's ceiling meant to be those flats, even though the brightness is different ?

2. Line 664 could be flagged show 1 sided on automap.

7 hours ago, hawkwind said:

E3M4 ...

1. Was sector 183's ceiling meant to be those flats, even though the brightness is different ?

2. Line 664 could be flagged show 1 sided on automap.

Don't worry about E3M5 as there is no way I can save it due to it's size and I think the map is very good. It has been updated with DM starts.

I am working on aligning the MARBLE2 and MARBLE3 textures throughout the WAD, especially on walls that are not on 0, 90, 180, 270 degree angles. It's a beautiful but tough texture to work with.

Kristian is telling me (via social media) that E3M6 is progressing well.

I was referring to E3M4, but regarding E3M5, yes, it is good. I noticed that line 7798 in E3M5 could be flagged shown as 1 sided in automap.

23 hours ago, hawkwind said:

I was referring to E3M4, but regarding E3M5, yes, it is good. I noticed that line 7798 in E3M5 could be flagged shown as 1 sided in automap.

CHANGES THAT HAVE BEEN MADE

14 SEP 2022

- First release.

16 SEP 2022

- Fixed UMAPINFO exits and secret exits.
- Fixed typo in E2M9 WILV18 graphic.
- Changed saviour to savour in the episode 5 ending text.
- Telefrag barrel in E1M8 death exit to allow 100% kills.
- Fix some misaligned textures in E1M1.
- Made improvments to the flow in E1M9.

17 SEP 2022

- Updated E3M5 with DM Starts
- Fixed typo in MAPINFO. E3M10 should go to E3M7 not E3M8.
- Various minor fixes in E1M1, E1M6, E3M8, E4M1, E4M6, E4M10, E5M2, E5M8

19 SEP 2022

- In E1M5 Thing 119 Demon was stuck in wall. Now unstuck.

20 SEP 2022

- Cacodemons and Lost souls can now enter the window near the Cyberdemon 
  in the northern part of E4M3.
- Fixed floating radiation suit in E4M4.
- Made a few changes to the Spiderdemon platform in E5M2 to prevent
  it from possibly falling through the floor.
- Added a filler E3M6 room with exit switch to allow continuous gameplay.

21 SEP 2022

- Episode 1 and 2 various texture alignments.

22 SEP 2022

- Few minor cosmetic adjustments in E1M4, E1M5, E2M4 and E5M10

23 SEP 2022

- E2M9 linedef 3251 changed from 112 S1 to 115 SR so Coop players hopefully
  don't get stuck.
- E3M9 had 2 player 3 starts by mistake. FIXED.
- E4M5's player 4 start was a DM start by mistake. FIXED.
- More spice to E1M4's MIDI track, esp the Brass section.

24 SEP 2022

- Fix secret plasma gun skill setting mistake in E2M7.
- Minor cosmetic touchups in E2M6, alignment at end of E2M9
- E1M9 MIDI remastered.

25 SEP 2022

- Various texture alignments in E2M7, E2M9, E3M3, E4M2, E4M6

26 SEP 2022

- Various texture alignments in E3M4, E4M1, E4M3, E4M4

Also not mentioned in the text file the E2M5 secret exit a little more easy to get.

Public Beta 2 a few days away.

Edited by pcorf

I remember playing 2002ADO and enjoyed it quite a bit. Did not know you were working on a new megawad twenty years later!

Waiting patiently for final version of this wad, Completed 2002ADO this year. Its very good to hear that 50 map continuation is here!

I'll also wait, but there's no doubt in my mind it's going to be a feast. Just blazed through Zone 300+400 again, which keep being as amazing as I remembered them, and I know this is also going to be one of those wads that will see several full playthroughs for years to come.

7 hours ago, Captain Keen said:

Congrats!! Your attention to detail here is incredible, better than many professional companies… feels like you should be getting paid! 

Well, nobody gets paid making maps. It is just a hobby.

Kristian tells me (via social media) that E3M6 is even closer.

6 hours ago, Zaratul said:

Waiting patiently for final version of this wad, Completed 2002ADO this year. Its very good to hear that 50 map continuation is here!

Managed to whip up an average of almost 10 maps per year. Included will be a PDF file with the dates of when the maps were completed, etc.

Just as I finished public beta 1 last night there's now a public beta 2. Welp. :P

In any event, I absolutely enjoyed my time with 2022ADO. Damn solid megawad. Gameplay was absolutely top notch stuff and the secrets were really well done. I wasn't able to find the secret exit to E2M9 so I ended up "changemap"ing to it. :P I was able to find the secret exits to the other maps though (except the EXM10 maps, I didn't even try to find those yet :P).

Looking forward to future updates and the eventual final release of this megawad. <3

2 hours ago, Nems said:

I wasn't able to find the secret exit to E2M9 so I ended up "changemap"ing to it.

Not easy to get that one. First thing you should do is run to the central room, there is an arrow pointing left with 30. The door closes after 30 seconds so you need to be quick. There is however another way to open the door but it is much harder to get to the room. After that, you need all 3 keys and need to open a series of timed switches.

Secret exit in E2M5 a little more easy to get now.

Edited by pcorf

Beta 2 ...

Just some things outstanding from b1 ( so far ) ...

1. E1M5 ...  line 2140 could be flagged show 1 sided on automap.

2. E2M9 ... line 5027 could be flagged show 1 sided on automap.

3. E3M3 ... line 4279 could be flagged show 1 sided on automap.

MAPINFO ... the reference to the secretnext for map e3m5 can be deleted.

Edited by hawkwind

Oh no... To be honest, timed switches are not my best friends in Doom. Well, I will try ;)

In general, there is a good reference both to Map27: Monster Condo (the secret is kept opened 30 seconds after the start of level) and to E1M9: Lugano Base ZRX from the 2002ADO.

34 minutes ago, hawkwind said:

Beta 2 ...

Just some things outstanding from b1 ( so far ) ...

1. E1M5 ...  line 2140 could be flagged show 1 sided on automap.

2. E2M9 ... line 5027 could be flagged show 1 sided on automap.

3. E3M3 ... line 4279 could be flagged show 1 sided on automap.

MAPINFO ... the reference to the secretnext for map e3m5 can be deleted.

I did not change all lines to 1 sided as they are almost unmarked from a visual point of view. Thanks for the MAPINFO thing.

10 minutes ago, RaRu Des2122 said:

Oh no... To be honest, timed switches are not my best friends in Doom. Well, I will try ;)

In general, there is a good reference both to Map27: Monster Condo (the secret is kept opened 30 seconds after the start of level) and to E1M9: Lugano Base ZRX from the 2002ADO.

E2M5's secret exit was inspired by this. In PB2 I moved the walls a bit further in making it a bit more easy to access the teleport, same with the second puzzle section. But you still need to run your butt off. I could possibly move them closer again for the final beta once E3M6 is all done and dusted.

E4M1 ...

1. I think the tex on line 674 would look better lowered 1 brick height. i.e. Y -24.

2. Some of the MIDGRATE textures near the starting area could use a slight x alignment.

3. SPFACE2 where sectors 441, 443 and 445 are, need alignment.

E4M2 ...

1. SPFACE2 at line 785 needs a Y alignment of 0.
2. Line 3303 could be flagged show as 1 sided on automap.

E4M9 ...

1. Lines 811, 1510, 2687 could be flagged show 1 sided on automap.
2. I was surprised to see that the area leading to the super secret area was not flagged secret.
As a suggestion, why not add sector 550 as a secret sector ?

E4M3 ...

Line 1903 could be flagged show as 1 sided on automap.

Edited by hawkwind