Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elbryan42

Anyone else excited about MGS2: Substance for the PC?

Since Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance is coming out in a week and a half, I'm going on a Metal Gear binge right now. Metal Gear (for the MSX), Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid Integral, and Metal Gear Solid (for the GBC). I'm playing through them all to their fullest.

I AM PUMPED! Heck, I didn't even play the PS2 game (namely because I hate PS2). So it'll be all fresh to me, all surprises, no spoilers, just good Metal Gear fun.

Being one of my favorite game series of all time, I'm excited. Anyone else counting the days to play MGS2 for the PC?

For the ps2, yes, I will be getting it, along with Splinter Cell which is also comming to PS2 (And it is). Mind you, I always thought that MGS was a little over rated. sure, it rocks the first time you play it, but it wheres thin after a while.

I actually liked Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake much better, storywise and gameplaywise. Metal Gear Solid borrows just about everything from it, right down to the temperature change keys. MG2 is much more intricate, and inventive. All MGS added to the game is a 3D-view (but same control), videos, the Nikita missiles, and the Sniper Rifle.

Metal Gear Solid is just where the game started getting overhyped, and people think that's it. The other games in the series are just as good if not better. I love the GBC one and MG2. Still have to see what I think of MGS2.

No, because I've already got MGS2 Substance for the XBOX. It's cool, overall. I kinda liked MGS better. The VR Missions look cooler in that one and also some of the missions in Variety Mode are funner. For the VR Missions in MGS2 Substance, I've already completed about 95% of it. Does anyone know if anything special happens if you beat all the VR Missions? Anyways, right now, I'm trying to get all the special items for the Plant Mission. (Got all the special items in the Tanker Mission).

YES!! and no...

i had MGS on the PSX and LOVE IT, had MGS2 for the PS2 and thought the gameplay was mostly ok but nothing else was really good, tho i guess i'll be getting it for a lil more of that cool gameplay but i'll also be getting Splinter Cell, before MGS2:S

i've had the hardest time getting the old ones to play right, i know MGS took alot from the old ones and MGS2, hell the story, the IDEA of MGS2 is of TRYING to copy MGS... i need a good story if im going to be playing a game that trys to be a movie also.. and MGS had that to no end! but MGS2 was just too far out there

elbryan42 said:

I actually liked Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake much better, storywise and gameplaywise. Metal Gear Solid borrows just about everything from it, right down to the temperature change keys. MG2 is much more intricate, and inventive. All MGS added to the game is a 3D-view (but same control), videos, the Nikita missiles, and the Sniper Rifle.

Metal Gear Solid is just where the game started getting overhyped, and people think that's it. The other games in the series are just as good if not better. I love the GBC one and MG2. Still have to see what I think of MGS2.

is MG2:SS different from "Snake's Revenge" that was sold in north america?

edit: nm, i just looked it up, looks really interesting.

Actually, Snake's Revenge isn't even a Metal Gear game, but a blatent cash in on the series. Solid Snake blows it away. In fact, they use graphics from Solid Snake in MGS for the GBA.

Oh, and I get paid on Friday, so I'll be getting MGS2, Splinter Cell, and Resident Evil 3 (for the Gamecube) all in one day. I can't wait. :)