Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Domestic-Weirdo

Bad Luck Bootsy: Board James Weapons Pack (Available Now)

2 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Looks pretty fun!

Thanks. I'll have a few other things to share later this week. I'm working on giving polishing it up and there will be a trailer out fairly soon.

Looks pretty cool, that Icon of Sin James looks great!

5 hours ago, Domestic-Weirdo said:

Anybody that wants to compose music for the mod can sign up here.

The deadline for map & MIDI submissions is October 23rd at 3 p.m. Eastern Time.

I remember reading the thread asking for MIDI help, and had I known what it was for I would've offered my time months ago because I think it's a neat concept. It's now unlikely that I would meet your deadline, but MIDIfying one or two of these songs sounds fun so I'll just offer to post them here when I finish, if I finish, and if you're still interested by then. I've also opted to post in this thread rather than the requested one, because this response would seem out of context in the other thread.

1 hour ago, Lippeth said:

Looks pretty cool, that Icon of Sin James looks great!

I remember reading the thread asking for MIDI help, and had I known what it was for I would've offered my time months ago because I think it's a neat concept. It's now unlikely that I would meet your deadline, but MIDIfying one or two of these songs sounds fun so I'll just offer to post them here when I finish, if I finish, and if you're still interested by then. I've also opted to post in this thread rather than the requested one, because this response would seem out of context in the other thread.

That's great! I really appreciate the help. Sorry for being secretive about the project initially. My original idea was to announce the mod after it was finished. If you would like, I can extend the deadline to accommodate for your contributions. To be honest, I just put up a date that I thought sounded like a reasonable timeframe to work under. While I do want this mod to be released as soon as possible, I'm willing to wait if it means the final product will be better for it.

Edit: By the way, what songs will you be transcribing?

Edited by Domestic-Weirdo : Grammar, additional question

I may start with Tornado Rex, and then try out Dream Phone, those seem like they could be finished fairly quickly. Crossfire will take quite a bit of effort with the guitar bends alone so I don't want to start with something that will burn me out so quickly.

Thanks for the leniency, and I hope others join in because I don't really want to do every song, but I'll do what I can because I like Board James well enough, though I haven't watched it since before their fallout with Bootsy.

Alright, sounds good. I just got messaged a few minutes ago from someone who wants to assist with the MIDIs so it appears you won't have to worry about that. 

Yeah, I know what you mean. They had great chemistry together and it sucks that they split up on bad terms. This mod is, in a way, partially a tribute to him for what he brought to Board James and Cinemassacre in general.

4 hours ago, Domestic-Weirdo said:

Alright, sounds good. I just got messaged a few minutes ago from someone who wants to assist with the MIDIs so it appears you won't have to worry about that. 

Yeah, that was me. Sup, everybody.

I love board James, Probably one of my favourite web series in general. I don’t mind making a map for this

So I just finished a MIDI version of Tornado Rex, can I post it here for public feedback or should I message it to you, @Domestic-Weirdo? I prefer keeping it open and public but will respect your wishes if you want something different.

@MIDIchlorine Hey! We should probably coordinate so we don't end up doing the same songs. The next song I plan to do is Dream Phone and then perhaps Crossfire. If you want either of those then let me know and I'll pick something else!

2 hours ago, DoomedFox said:

Have you shown this to James Rolfe yet? This is such a fun mod that's pretty faithful to the show! 

I haven't shown him this yet. I suppose I'm too bashful to ask but I would love to hear what James, Mike, and Bootsy think of it, especially since they're big fans of Doom. You know, apparently there was a user on the ZDoom forums that was making a AVGN Doom mod with Mike's blessing but I don't know what ever came of it.

@Lippeth It's fine, you can post it here.

I've decided to push back the trailer for now. However, I feel like there should be some video showing Bad Lucky Bootsy in action. So here's a clip of Bootsy battling with Mr. Bucket in E2M8.

On 9/21/2022 at 8:29 AM, Domestic-Weirdo said:

I redesigned the Status Bar to take after the Board James logo. Are the colors too bold or obnoxious?

830832882_STBAR-.png.39dea624f824ed894b6b6a4409a555a6.png

762745688_STBAR-_v2.png.83b1ec3050a589f4d63e27fea68aec14.png

The colors look a little garish, but it's tough to say without seeing them in action. Also depends on the colors of the numbers that are going to be on the UI, I'm guessing you're going to change those too?

Anyway this is not a mod that I would have expected, but it looks like fun. I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

On 9/28/2022 at 12:28 PM, Lex1nat0r said:

The colors look a little garish, but it's tough to say without seeing them in action. Also depends on the colors of the numbers that are going to be on the UI, I'm guessing you're going to change those too?

Anyway this is not a mod that I would have expected, but it looks like fun. I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

I remade the HUD graphics to use slightly darker yellows and a pinkish red for the Armor portion. I also removed the black outline surrounding the status bar and filled it in with the logo elements. I haven't decided what color the numbers should be yet but I was thinking about green like the rest of status labels.

STBARdark33.png.aac56e40e0c6069a08414dd6105b5d6d.png

STBARdark33_v2.png.a4d641acee2d1805f7d7fdf280814768.png

This video compares the two HUDs while being used during gameplay.

Edited by Domestic-Weirdo

On 9/21/2022 at 2:57 AM, Lippeth said:

Lippeth_Board James_01.zip

I finished Wacky Blasters and revised a few things with Dream Phone and Tornado Rex. I'll likely get started on Candy Land Tomorrow.

Sorry to bother you but I have been wondering about the status of the Candy Land MIDI. I'm thankful for all the help you and MIDIchlorine have contributed, especially since the main 3 songs I wanted were transcribed. So if you were to decide to not cover the song, it's nothing to worry about.

On 9/19/2022 at 3:11 AM, Thatonespymain said:

I love board James, Probably one of my favourite web series in general. I don’t mind making a map for this

Hey, I realized that I didn't formally ask you about creating a map for this project. I would be glad to collaborate. If you were simply just expressing some passing interest, then my apologies for bringing this up.

On 10/21/2022 at 11:06 AM, Domestic-Weirdo said:

Sorry to bother you but I have been wondering about the status of the Candy Land MIDI. I'm thankful for all the help you and MIDIchlorine have contributed, especially since the main 3 songs I wanted were transcribed. So if you were to decide to not cover the song, it's nothing to worry about.

Ah my apologies! I sort of took a break to avoid burnout and then life just kept going. I can get started on it tonight and hopefully complete in a day week or so.

Edited by Lippeth

I have taken a "few" screenshots of the new weapons. Feel free to tell me what you guys think.

Snapshot_13063.PNG.24560e50f7af63dcca3b6eed1bd36414.PNG

Snapshot_13073.PNG.fa73ba022f82d3d4889304c67d612f6b.PNG

Snapshot_13077.PNG.2686df9ca0acf8fa6a4289815be8d1ae.PNG

Snapshot_13089.PNG.13d2051170e5c556186a904928a31901.PNG

Edited by Domestic-Weirdo

I put together this set of pick-up sprites. The first 7 entries show all of the new weapons with the last 2 consisting of item replacements.

Splat!+Grape Escape

SplatGrape2.png.1e337a95e72cde8d3811d30b40ab8a2a.png 

Shark Attack!

XISLA1.png.c66f1588a8e281c76a2d254ba68aedd1.png  XISLA8A2.png.8d67333e8349f3107381129442088dd4.png  XISLA7A3.png.18cfbd0e29385538dc459e423f946053.png  XISLA6A4.png.29d5ee9dc74b046fb6432120f6eadddb.png  XISLA5.png.9d69d33c770c965babfcb14dc4ebc457.png 

Candy Land

ZHOTA0.png.b78bb105ac7672fdc6ea965eab958f42.png 

Tornado Rex

ZAUNA0.png.8f4d1db09d5df10e8790579800ca62c0.png  

Rex Top projectile

ZLSSA0.png.d00f3203d6ed816eba1746238d2c424a.png  ZLSSB0.png.502c8cbd67f4855d31181520edd036ab.png  

Dream Phone

ZLASA0.png.08a2cbdfbda5d19f59c71a7a497f8048.png  

Donut Disaster

ZFS1A0.png.21b3ed76050b9b95b523f081af83cfa8.png  ZFS1B0.png.732ce71c8422cb050ecac6106b573cdf.png

Donuts (Health Potion replacement)

BON1A0.png.ee7dc1d6a4ffec03c4d6bf9c267de53e.png  BON1B0.png.1b95fae811e6505617679f6694ee6288.png  BON1D0.png.b5181b67662b17e687e714639cf5bb71.png  

Urkel Glasses (Invisibility Visor replacement)

PVISA0.png.0570b71f5ee91e9c12ed8115bd85ea48.png

With the deadline for submissions being slightly over 2 weeks from now, it starting to seem unlikely that anyone will claim any of the available map slots at this point. That's why I'm going to be attempting to create a map of my own. For the record, I'm honestly not too experienced of a map maker and I have pretty bad tendency to hit figurative brick walls during the process of designing them.

Regardless, I will share my progress every other day for feedback. Have a good Halloween.

I got a fun map idea, I was thinking of making a map where you "build the exit by completing challenges within a tower like structure" I can possibly roll something out in a week or two. Since I am relatively inexperienced to mapping, I can dish out the basic map by Wednesday.

Oh, thanks. I accept your offer. As for recommendations or tips, I would advise for the map to be designed somewhat labyrinth-like with either a medium or large scale. If it's okay with you, would you mind if I were to personally make edits to your prototype maps? I think a iterative process where we build upon our ideas might help its development.