Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crunchynut44

Crunchynut44 Entire WAD/MAP Library (finished and well, unfinished)

Sinergy is still one of my favourite UD wads, and I’m constantly dipping into your midi work when looking for a good track. So, I just want to say thank you! I wish you all the best, and to echo what Bio said, Doom will always be there waiting for you! 

Miss you ol' friend! Hopefully you'll make a surprise return someday with a brand new map for folks to play and a lot more free time for yourself, you've always had fun levels. I still remember playing Baculus pre-release and racking my brain over your dang secrets. :P Unfortunately, I vanished so I never tested from start to end and i'm sorry for that. Gonna download this, these screenshots looks great.

It's only goodbye for now, take care of yourself!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Glad I could provide some good times for you all. I'm sure I'll make maps again one day and certainly hope I do, but I guess we will wait and see for now

Cheers :)

Glad I had a chance to get to know you better and work with you. I hope the best for you first and foremost but I also hope that one day youll return. Until then though take it easy!

I feel lucky to have had two of your maps in Doomed in Space, two highlights of the campaign. Take care of yourself, and hopefully once a few more years go by, a little time will free up to slap down some more linedefs!

Yes, thank you for this; I'll peruse later ~ already saved to hard drive.
Also, thanks for Giant Ball of Fucking Plasma midi which ended up being

used in one of the undocumented levels of Chap DM 3, Morphochasm.

The more I hear this track, the more I like it.

2 hours ago, prfunky said:

Also, thanks for Giant Ball of Fucking Plasma 

Emerald Ambush was a highlight for me this year due in no small part to the rocking midi, so seconding those thanks.

While it's obviously disappointing that you can't contribute to the community any longer, this parting gift is an absolutely lovely idea. I hope more folks that have to move on will bundle up their stuff like this, and I'm really looking forward to diving into it. Take care of yourself with whatever you're off to next!

Posting very late here but just want to say it's unreal to see what you've produced over the years. We met on YouTube when (I'm pretty sure) we were both kids trying to make our way in the Doom community, working on the never-released "Demons' Paradise". It's funny to think we got roughly 10 decent maps done for the project communicating almost solely through YouTube PMs - LOL! So glad you went on to do such great things and I'll continue to have notifications on here for whenever you post.

On 12/7/2022 at 9:33 PM, Mazze said:

Posting very late here but just want to say it's unreal to see what you've produced over the years. We met on YouTube when (I'm pretty sure) we were both kids trying to make our way in the Doom community, working on the never-released "Demons' Paradise". It's funny to think we got roughly 10 decent maps done for the project communicating almost solely through YouTube PMs - LOL! So glad you went on to do such great things and I'll continue to have notifications on here for whenever you post.

Its your Marswar playthrough that got me on the Doom creating journey because I thought that you had made it yourself which got me into my own level creation. I just cant believe that was a decade and a half ago. I was only 13 at the time :O

Such good memories, honestly ill never forget those times. I still have Demons Paradise somewhere deep on my computer!

Summoning @shonoa here as I think she was part of that project

2 hours ago, Crunchynut44 said:

Its your Marswar playthrough that got me on the Doom creating journey because I thought that you had made it yourself which got me into my own level creation. I just cant believe that was a decade and a half ago. I was only 13 at the time :O

Ha! I'd played Doom as a pre-schooler but only rediscovered Doom and all its PWADs years later. Marswar was one of the first wads I found that seemed of a decent quality (questionable nowadays) that hadn't already been posted on YouTube, so I decided to record a terrible playthrough of it. There were so few Doom YouTubers back then that it felt like we all knew each other. It really was a time that I cherish but thought very little of at the time. I was 12 when I was uploading the Marswar stuff - which I've now just checked on and it seems that YouTube removed most of the videos sometime ago due to content that breaks their guidelines... how odd. I must have privated the ones that remained because I didn't think they were worth keeping. :P

@Chubzdoomer and JaundiceJuan's videos were the only reason I ever made functioning maps, and I don't think any of the ones I finished were even to the standard of Marswar, sadly. Maybe 1 or 2 would make the cut.

2 hours ago, Crunchynut44 said:

Such good memories, honestly ill never forget those times. I still have Demons Paradise somewhere deep on my computer!

Summoning @shonoa here as I think she was part of that project

That would be unreal if you still had it somewhere. I lost my files years ago among many harddrive crashes and lost USBs. I'd be curious if you ever find it. I remember Skullxnx (can't find them anymore) made MAP01 with the floating ZDoom particles.  @Yugiboy85 made a map that was so good that I think it made me subconsciously realise we could never finish Demon's Paradise. His map was so much higher quality than what we already had between the rest of us that we'd have to start again to match it. I think I just stopped sending YouTube PMs to people eventually.

Is @Shanoa the correct tagging? Apologies if not, Shanoa. If yes, can you remind me what your YouTube name was back in the day?

On 12/10/2022 at 7:18 AM, Mazze said:

Is @Shanoa the correct tagging? Apologies if not, Shanoa. If yes, can you remind me what your YouTube name was back in the day?

Archvile78, I'll take a wild guess and say your name was, and the spelling will be wrong, Mazzekarr or something along those lines?

On 12/10/2022 at 11:42 PM, Yugiboy85 said:

I still have demon's paradise, courtesy of @Obsidian actually. I can send a copy if ya want

Can I please have a copy for old time's sake? It's been at least a decade since I last played any of the maps. @FEDEX was also keen on checking out Demon's Paradise, too, if that's ok.

On 12/14/2022 at 8:12 AM, Shanoa said:

Archvile78, I'll take a wild guess and say your name was, and the spelling will be wrong, Mazzekarr or something along those lines? 

OF COURSE! I'm still subscribed to you @Shanoa - I just didn't make the connection between Shan and Shanoa, somehow. My bad.

I was/am MAZZEKAARTS on YouTube (was meant to be read like "Mazzeka Arts" since when I made the channel it was intended for the upload of Pivot animations). It's an awful name that I never changed in case people didn't recognise the name anymore and wondered who I was. Glad to see you're still around here in the Doom community.

Quick nostalgia trip for my sake: I remember subscribing to you shortly after I subbed to Tatsurdcacocaco, when Doom videos were an absolute rarity (circa 2008). How I'd love to go back in time and see the bulletins being sent around back in those days. Your ~200 subs or so at the time was pretty much stardom as far as Doom content on YouTube was concerned and was a huge motivation behind my own Doom uploads back then. I actually checked out your channel when I saw CrunchyNut44 was retiring from mapping to see if you still uploaded and found a lame comment of mine on an old Doom video of yours. :P

3 hours ago, Mazze said:

Can I please have a copy for old time's sake? It's been at least a decade since I last played any of the maps. @FEDEX was also keen on checking out Demon's Paradise, too, if that's ok.

Hi, yes, no worries. 

I know about fedex since they had contacted me prior but, since you were the leader back then, i wanted him to ask for confirmation from you directly. Seeing your response, i will send it over to both of you when i get back home from work. 

11 hours ago, Mazze said:

OF COURSE! I'm still subscribed to you @Shanoa - I just didn't make the connection between Shan and Shanoa, somehow. My bad.

I was/am MAZZEKAARTS on YouTube (was meant to be read like "Mazzeka Arts" since when I made the channel it was intended for the upload of Pivot animations). It's an awful name that I never changed in case people didn't recognise the name anymore and wondered who I was. Glad to see you're still around here in the Doom community.

Quick nostalgia trip for my sake: I remember subscribing to you shortly after I subbed to Tatsurdcacocaco, when Doom videos were an absolute rarity (circa 2008). How I'd love to go back in time and see the bulletins being sent around back in those days. Your ~200 subs or so at the time was pretty much stardom as far as Doom content on YouTube was concerned and was a huge motivation behind my own Doom uploads back then. I actually checked out your channel when I saw CrunchyNut44 was retiring from mapping to see if you still uploaded and found a lame comment of mine on an old Doom video of yours. :P

I almost regret having stopped uploading DOOM contents but I'm glad my channel was, at least, some sort of outlet for fans to share and comments on the great WADs I played in the early days of Youtube. It's great to see you as well. (: