Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arrowhead

A Restriction-Themed Mapsets / Maps List (Better organized now, plus a WIP Excel doc!)

2 space limitation projects
(DISCLAIMER - I was part of the mapper team.)

(Note - have no idea why the link shows random feedback picture from page 3.)

Just now, Endless said:

Are speedmaps considered? If so, you can add anything that has been created with a time limit, such as the ASS, the Scythe series, Speed of Doom, and a lot of speedmapping series.

Hmmm, speedmaps will not be included, unless there is an additional restriction being applied.

Thanks for bringing this up, I will clarify the main post.

1 hour ago, Arrowhead said:

EDIT: Added Doomja Vu :)

Haha, I kept adding stuff in edits before I got the notifications that you had seen the post as it was.

2 hours ago, Wyrmwood said:

The Angry Quilt wads count? Mappers were restricted to a square of the map each.

I would say this counts! Good suggestion.

1 hour ago, Obsidian said:

Totally fine to plug your own stuff here - I must have missed this MAYhem somehow...

1 hour ago, Walter confetti said:

Since you take Literalism in consideration, why not adding Doom 2 in name only and Solar Struggle to the list?

Done. :)

1 hour ago, Clippy said:

I'll have to get around to playing those, Clippy!

5 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

Hmmm, speedmaps will not be included, unless there is an additional restriction being applied.

ASS includes maps that had to adhere to at least one theme out of two (sometimes three or four). Sometimes it was a visual or gameplay theme (e.g. "train map", "sectors in specific shapes" or "usage of silent teleports"), not sure if those counts as restrictions described in OP, but there are sessions that enforced strict limitations like ASS67 that included "1024x1024 player space", "10 sectors or less" and "100 lines or less" as themes.

1 hour ago, Worm318 said:

ASS includes maps that had to adhere to at least one theme out of two (sometimes three or four). Sometimes it was a visual or gameplay theme (e.g. "train map", "sectors in specific shapes" or "usage of silent teleports"), not sure if those counts as restrictions described in OP, but there are sessions that enforced strict limitations like ASS67 that included "1024x1024 player space", "10 sectors or less" and "100 lines or less" as themes.

Thanks for making me aware of this. I'll have to at some point go through all the readmes, and find the ones that have restrictions other than just the 'time to make the WAD'.

I think they're up to 70 now, if I remember correctly?

Anyway - thanks for the info. :)

This is brilliant, great idea. It is a nice showcase as I was not aware of all of these.

A small suggestion would be to order the list (like by type or alphabetical or both). Thanks.

9 hours ago, Arrowhead said:

I think they're up to 70 now, if I remember correctly?

69, actually. We finished that recently and it's the last ASS wad for the time being.

6 hours ago, ImproversGaming said:

This is brilliant, great idea. It is a nice showcase as I was not aware of all of these.

A small suggestion would be to order the list (like by type or alphabetical or both). Thanks.

Fully intend on it - I'm just waiting for a little more data, and then I'll start that process. :)

I've categorized and alphabetized the list now! Take a look at the original post!

Still a little bit of work to do, but as before, if you notice any mistakes or missing packs, please alert me in this thread!

Thanks! :)