Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fezzador

New Project: Insidious

I'm making an Ultimate Doom megawad called Insidious which is a replacement for Episode III.  I have the first two maps more or less complete, they're very much playable though I may make a few minor changes here and there.  If anyone's interested in taking this wad-in-progress out for a test drive, I'd love to hear your thoughts so far.

https://wadhosting.com/Wad/F406340614033794366BD07476681831B7EBB661

E3M1: Chancel (Music track: Chimes of Death by Jimmy AKA James Paddock)

image.png.989810ffd64e99e7dbf16bbc91d543e9.png

image.png.eadbaa82279c8530e673456b5bda4d98.png

E3M2: Guillotine (Music track: Watching You by Jimmy AKA James Paddock)

image.png.f882354e51ef646d2dceaff134ef6550.png

image.png.34c2f2180f02f22bd772e6b8a9eded0f.png

Here is a playthrough bellow.

The Inferno atmosphere is in it may I say, plus I liked the cracks on the floor, it's a thing that never fail :D

The gameplay stay very correct, being a little more hard than vanilla but nothing impossible to go for, just keep working my man.

Also...

I found 1 or 2 missing textures that probably escaped your vigilance.

Be strict about texture alignment, that's a personale advise that I'm taking very seriously myself, architecture is way more fluid and appetizing this way, you can do that with Doom Builder II easily by pressing A (or Q... I don't know for you, as I have an AZERTY keyboard) on a wall, so the other textures align with it. In fact you did well, I am more talking about the big outdoor area of the second map.

This one is just my opinion, but if shotgunners can give you a shotgun at the start, the shotgun secret seems useless ; you should definitively give a more rewarding thing, like a chaingun or a plasma rifle.

Despite all those arguments I gave you, It was definitively good this far, I encourage you to continue :)

Edited by Briøche

Please do leave some infomation here other than what IWAD to run with, i.e. what port, recommanded setting(no jumping stuff)

so i tested for you, For the my fellow Boom port enjoyers, good news, it run on them :)

anyway here's the review

h0EsaDJ.png

I absolutly love this comically thicc guillotine

• GOOD: good gameplay, some good doomcute(like the one above)
  • BAD: acute angles for rock(it look unnatural imo)
  • UGLY: The texture and architecture are quite blend and plain, and there's some very obvious miss-align textures, but as a Doom1 map, you have the privilege to ignore this criticism

sentence: Full episode when

also maybe retake the screenshot with better setting, the texture filtering and brighten up sector lighting kinda advertise the wad as sort of "my first map" wad, because all the new ppl have those setting on cause it's the default setting of GZDoom for whatever reason

Thanks for testing out the maps.  I figured there would be some bugs, but those shouldn’t be too hard to fix.  I’m not John Romero (and not many are in his league) but my main goal isn’t to create mind-blowing maps, but rather challenging gameplay.  It might not be as difficult as Sigil, but it should be a step up from Inferno.

On 9/22/2022 at 5:58 PM, fai1025 said:

h0EsaDJ.png

I absolutly love this comically thicc guillotine

someone in hell saw a picture of a guillotine with no context and thought it was supposed to crush heads instead of decapitate rich people