Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moustachio

[Shitpost Enemy] Paingunner

Still not as bad as that oops all Archviles wad I played once.

It replaced all enemies with Archviles, but they were also Pain Elementals, so they would spawn more Archviles when they died. Which then also spawned more Archviles. 

I didn't record my first playthrough, so here's my second:

It's a very easy map, so I'm not convinced these guys are that bad yet ;)

This sounded like such a bad idea that I couldn't help but play it. I got what I expected. :D

21 hours ago, Pistoolkip said:

Still not as bad as that oops all Archviles wad I played once.

It replaced all enemies with Archviles, but they were also Pain Elementals, so they would spawn more Archviles when they died. Which then also spawned more Archviles. 

Haha, I think I still have that somewhere. Unfortunately for some reason something in the coding seemed to make some corpses impassable, and so it clogged up pretty much every map.

16 hours ago, Pseudonaut said:

Well try putting these in a wider, more open area where you can't kill them straight away and you might change your mind.

On 9/24/2022 at 5:54 PM, Pseudonaut said:

Maybe I’ll have to add another level to step it up!

Now we need the reverse: the Chain Elemental! Basically a chaingunner with more hitpoints that can fly. Then mix Paingunners and Chain Elementals together for a terror that shan't be uttered.

Lol, fuck that guy indeed. It could have been worse though, a Revgunner, a chaingunner that shoots revenant fireballs and releases lost souls upon death... *shudders*

LOL. I guess I gotta stop calling the Chaingunners “paingunners” on the final stretch of my Plutonia plythrough, since it will now be scientifically inaccurate :)

Utterly terrible enemy idea, by the way. I hate it!

MORE

8 hours ago, Solmyr said:

Lol, fuck that guy indeed. It could have been worse though, a Revgunner, a chaingunner that shoots revenant fireballs and releases lost souls upon death... *shudders*

Plot twist: in the future there will be a CP where every enemy is a <type of> chaingunner :(

22 hours ago, SPG said:

Now we need the reverse: the Chain Elemental! Basically a chaingunner with more hitpoints that can fly. Then mix Paingunners and Chain Elementals together for a terror that shan't be uttered.

That almost feels like the Minecraft ghast, but maybe worse :(

It is happening again...

h8fiAMn.png

LINK, PLEASE BE CAREFUL

I improved the design of the Paingunners by slowing down their fire rates. Now, lost souls don't get stuck right in front of them and block their shots. And I clipped the lost souls' health to 45 HP to be merciful.

MAP02 is about a minute longer than the first one, but is much more open. You're guaranteed to face a giant swarm cloud of lost souls at the start. I mixed in some other enemies too. Tested in DOSBox, Chocy Doom, and such. Difficulty levels are implemented. I realized I'm actually able to set the lost soul limit by skill level. On MAP02, it goes as follows:

• HNTR: 7 lost souls max
  • HMP: 14 lost souls max
  • UV: 21 lost souls max (the default limit)

MAP01 looks a little prettier now!

On 9/25/2022 at 7:43 PM, SPG said:

I always thought "A Terror That Shan't Be Uttered" would make a good MAP03 name.

On 9/25/2022 at 2:41 AM, ax34 said:

Next time: Archpaingunner

Cybermancubarchpaingunnernantotron?