Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

news@doomworld.com

boris said:

arioch fails it.

so Kat had better have it forwarded elsewhere, heh.

Uh, in the meantime attempt to communicate to Kat through other methods, perhaps #zdoom or PM?

Due to the transfer of .org domains from WHERE EVER THE FUCK IT WAS ORIGINALLY AND WORKED JUST FINE to PIR, which for all I can tell is an organization run by lazy bearded open-sores free software hippies, my registrar's database of .org domains has been in a state of limbo.

So, nobody knows despayre.org exists, despite the fact that it indeed does.

Just have to wait patiently for it to be fixed. *sigh*

Oh, and this shit belongs in the Everything Else forum. Classic Doom/General is for general Doom discussion that doesn't fit into another of the subforums in the Classic Doom section.

BTW, your message was still recived, IIRC, except Kat didn't get it. There was a problem like this with fatal but news was still recieved.

Ultimate DooMer said:

In the meantime, what do we do if we want to send in news?

Send it in, heh, it will be recieved by the other newsies.

You don't understand. The news@doomworld account goes to a mailbox on despayre.org. Right now, at least on my end, despayre.org doesn't exist. Therefore, NONE of the messages sent to news@doomworld before this is fixed will get forwarded to everybody else's e-mail addresses.

Unless, that is, I'm the one who doesn't understand. But seeing as I haven't gotten any news messages for quite awhile, I believe what I have stated does apply.

Hmm, ok, so I was wrong. I'm not a newsie but uh, I'd suggest the following : make a forum post about it stating that it is news you want on the main page, catch a newsie on their silly IM clients or on IRC or e-mail them directly. Like I said, I'm not a newsie and I cannot speak for them but I'm merely making a suggestion so that DW doesn't go 5 days without a shred of news.

I'm manually forwarding news items as of an hour ago.

In the meantime, I'm going to be browbeating my domain registrar.

Heh, my .org works fine. It even worked to change it's IP because MY FUCKIG IP CHANGED!!!!!!!!!!1111111