Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cacodemon187

[MBF] Baphomet's Satellite - Now at /idgames!

Hello, I recorded a good part of your map on UV, using dsda-doom in cl9, until I got stuck in some floating room with ultra speedy push effects. From what I played, it was pretty tense and funny in places, a very intriguing exploration task. Some of the dehacked changes tripped me up at first, like the revenant and PE's flinch state are definitely changed, and I noticed at one point my shots pulled a lost soul instead of pushing it away, but I'm guessing everything is part of the idea to throw off players. 

I'll definitely keep playing later since like I mentioned before, I felt intrigued and immersed. Although first it'd be cool to know what was going on with that special room lol

So yeah, thanks for sharing!

FDA: c187tyci_FDAbygal

Bumping to remind myself to play this tomorrow (I haven't had time to do anything in the last month I swear). These screenshots are very intriguing and give off a strange dream-like aura, that second screenshot in particular gives off BPRD vibes somehow. Very cool looking.

17 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Hello, I recorded a good part of your map on UV, using dsda-doom in cl9, until I got stuck in some floating room with ultra speedy push effects. From what I played, it was pretty tense and funny in places, a very intriguing exploration task. Some of the dehacked changes tripped me up at first, like the revenant and PE's flinch state are definitely changed, and I noticed at one point my shots pulled a lost soul instead of pushing it away, but I'm guessing everything is part of the idea to throw off players. 

I'll definitely keep playing later since like I mentioned before, I felt intrigued and immersed. Although first it'd be cool to know what was going on with that special room lol

So yeah, thanks for sharing!

FDA: c187tyci_FDAbygal

Thank you for playing! The room you mentioned is supposed to be in a vacuum. You have to press a switch to lower the doors and proceed to the exit.

Thanks for the demo and feedback, too!
EDIT: Oh wait, I see what you mean... You must play with MBF compatibility (complevel 11), otherwise the friction physics break entirely.

Edited by Cacodemon187

What an amazing journey i had playing this beautiful abstract world! I couldn't resist myself of being reminded by Benjogami maps, you kinda nail that feeling. Anyways keep it up, this map it's definitely something everyone should give a try.

Spoiler

The only thing i didn't like that much was the usage of the Wolfenstein SS enemy, but i guess it fits the bizzare nature of the map. 

15 hours ago, dashlet said:

What an amazing journey i had playing this beautiful abstract world! I couldn't resist myself of being reminded by Benjogami maps, you kinda nail that feeling. Anyways keep it up, this map it's definitely something everyone should give a try.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! It's an honor to be compared to a talented mapper such as Benjogami, thank you :)

I updated the wad, I fixed a couple things and added difficulty settings.

As I always expect from you, this is straight fucking fire! I really like the temperate setting of the first part of the space base, and the intro with the music is just, chef's kiss, perfect. I've been wanting to collab again for a while, so hit me up :D

Playing now and I have a question. Is it intentional that the zombiemen have their pain state animation as their idle animation?

EDIT: This was a neat little level! Love the atmosphere and survival horror feel - although I do feel that survival element was thrown out of the window 3 minutes into the level when I found that megasphere secret :p

Edited by Firedust

6 hours ago, Firedust said:

Playing now and I have a question. Is it intentional that the zombiemen have their pain state animation as their idle animation?

Thank you for playing! And yeah, it is intentional. Just another oddity to throw off the player.

I can see how the megasphere can be a bit overpowered, I'll check if I can replace it with something less extreme.

Hey this was a really cool level!  You drew me in with the screenshots and it turned out I did really like the demonic space station aesthetic you accomplished.  I actually think it's impressive that you made an adventurey, puzzley, resource starved level fun as I don't usually like those.  All of the little changes and corruptions only added to the atmosphere.  Awesome work!

1 hour ago, sandwedge said:

Hey this was a really cool level!  You drew me in with the screenshots and it turned out I did really like the demonic space station aesthetic you accomplished.  I actually think it's impressive that you made an adventurey, puzzley, resource starved level fun as I don't usually like those.  All of the little changes and corruptions only added to the atmosphere.  Awesome work!

Thank you for playing and recording it! I'm happy you enjoyed the experience even if it's very different from the type of map you like. Also, the room with the lightspeed warping isn't intentional lol, it works properly with complevel 11. Cheers!

1 hour ago, Cacodemon187 said:

Thank you for playing and recording it! I'm happy you enjoyed the experience even if it's very different from the type of map you like. Also, the room with the lightspeed warping isn't intentional lol, it works properly with complevel 11. Cheers!

Ah I see the issue, I was confused because you wrote Boom-compatible but then wrote complevel 11 which is MBF.  I guess it's a boom compatible port but if you call a map boom-compatible that sounds like complevel 9.  I see someone else made that mistake too so definitely change that in the OP.  However it was such a strange map I just sorta rolled with it and it worked out lol.  Glad you liked the vid regardless!

Playing this right now. It feels uncanny : ) IDK what is, but it sucks me in kinda like PS1 Doom. 

Not finished the level yet, but I found a slime trail that I wish to report (I'm on Nugget Doom 1.8.0) :

Schermata 2022-10-05 alle 22.23.58.png

Schermata 2022-10-05 alle 22.26.07.png

@sandwedge @s4f3s3x Thanks for the feedback! I fixed the aforementioned slime trail and changed the OP to [MBF] instead of [Boom].

I also updated the playpal, colormap and dehacked patch, added new sprites for the tech lamps and fixed some stuck monsters.

This should be the final version, so thanks a lot to everyone who played it and gave their comments!

51 minutes ago, Cacodemon187 said:

@sandwedge @s4f3s3x Thanks for the feedback! I fixed the aforementioned slime trail and changed the OP to [MBF] instead of [Boom].

I also updated the playpal, colormap and dehacked patch, added new sprites for the tech lamps and fixed some stuck monsters.

This should be the final version, so thanks a lot to everyone who played it and gave their comments!

Uhm, when I extract the V3 .rar there's no .deh file, is that regular?

1 hour ago, s4f3s3x said:

Uhm, when I extract the V3 .rar there's no .deh file, is that regular?

Yep, the dehacked file is embedded in the wad, but you can extract it with Slade if you need it.

And no, I won't even try to upload this to idgames cuz there's a bunch of slightly modified sprites and textures from other works, and I don't think that's gonna go well there.

This map is extraordinary! One of the most exotic maps I've ever played!

It's almost shocking how a map overflowing with crazy design decisions and custom assets works so well and feels so polished and elegant.

Hey there, bumping this thread to announce the wad's official release on /idgames! I didn't think it would be accepted thanks to the barely modified Id sprites but whatever. Thanks to all of you who playtested and left their comments, it was an awesome project to work on and I'm glad you liked it :)