Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erik

Name my megawad

Well, I have started working on a megawad for doom2 on my own, I feel that all mappers should pull one off sometime in their career. So far 17 maps done and tested. The wad focuses on good architecture, lighting and small maps with fast and furious gameplay. Episode 1 is pretty much tech-base themed, episode 2 is a mixed bag with some tech, some caves and some city maps. Episode 3 is yet to be made, but it will be mainly a hellish theme.

Well, now for the relevant part, I haven't been able to come up with a good name for this megawad yet and now I want your help. Post your suggestions here please =)

Everywhere West
Ventilation & Heat
Electromotive
GATX 17902 NJZ
My Right Testicle
State Of Maine Products
Organzie Hübrääten
Chinese Power Animals
Chief Dan George Elementary School
Cletus Dickey's Critter Safari
William Shatner's Mom
Stan, Stan the Electric Man Who Likes To Jump In Puddles
KoblenZ
Mr. Smith Goes To Washington
Stonewall Jackson
Mama Rufus
Bangor and Aroostook
The Crazy, Useless, and Sometimes Fucked Up Misadventures Of Joel Chandler Harris and Henry W. Grady
I Get Rocks Thrown At Me
Chattaragus Reservation, Dunkirk
Abu Maghrib; Jihaad Insha'allah
Hey Yo, My Vestibules Don't Stink
The Amazing Flying Clitoris
The Return of the Phantom Roofing Contractors from the 11th Dimension

It might help if you could give us some more info. Is there a backstory? What inspired you to make the maps?

Assmaster said:

It might help if you could give us some more info. Is there a backstory? What inspired you to make the maps?

no backstory really. I was inspired by Adam Windsor's dmonfear.wad and sargeant baldy's speedmapping event a couple of weeks ago.

Project: Tesseract

Instead of Hell being in another dimension, it could be where hyperdimensional travel experiments go haywire (of course). Earthquakes, volcanos, and tsunamis ravage the surfuce of the earth as a result of the experiments. At one point, there was an earthquake so violent that it created a deep and enormous chasm somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean. It was so deep that it led to a literal Hell or similar place near the earth's core. Soon afterward, wave upon wave of demons pour out of the rift like smoke and attempt to destroy what's left.

Erik said:

no backstory really. I was inspired by Adam Windsor's dmonfear.wad and sargeant baldy's speedmapping event a couple of weeks ago.

Bald Windsor Knot
Bald Speed
I should shut up now.

Erik: You're going to have to tell me the wad's theme. I'm usually not the sort of person to find a megawad interesting if it's just "a megawad"
Backstory isn't so important, but is there some general theme to the whole megawad? Is it "around the world", or "one big-ass desert" or "From caves to mountains to a small pond" or "First there's a base, then there's a city, then there's hell and a bunch of other predictable stuff"?

Details, man.

Hyena said:

Erik: You're going to have to tell me the wad's theme. I'm usually not the sort of person to find a megawad interesting if it's just "a megawad"
Backstory isn't so important, but is there some general theme to the whole megawad? Is it "around the world", or "one big-ass desert" or "From caves to mountains to a small pond" or "First there's a base, then there's a city, then there's hell and a bunch of other predictable stuff"?

Details, man.

it's just a megawad, heh.

Call it 'Zanshin'. Losely translated, Zanshin is the Japanese term for having and using awareness in a combat situation (okay, it's alot more complicated than that, but I don't want to bore you).

Scuba Steve said:

Hell Over the Mars Outpost

This one has a good ring to it.

Doom2 : The Millennium Experience
Doom2 : The Lightning Experiment
Doom2 : Thy Flesh Contained :p
Doom2 : Now the world
Doom2 : Malleus Maleficarum
Doom2 : Porphyria Cutanea Tarda
Doom2 : Raised Hell
Doom2 : Raised Fist
Doom2 : Rise in Flames (sounds awful familiar, but dunno from where)
Doom2 : Salvation Refused
Doom2 : Hast
Doom2 : Stockholmsdjävlar
Doom2 : Dance with the Reaper
Doom2 : Scythe of the Reapers (spelling?)

I can give ou more if none of them are good..

Doom2 : Evil incorperated, <- for the serious cliché title usage.

ok, thanks for your suggestions. I have decided a name and this thread is now closed.