Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Codename_Delta

[NO DEADLINE, AND SLOTS ALL TAKEN] Finer Doom: The Nominal Touches (TNT CP)

8 hours ago, Spineapple tea said:

image.png.3c282a788c0b1591d73082164d12d2c5.png

Rough work in progress for MAP04.

2 hours ago, Axuris said:

Screenshot_Doom_20221001_095407.png.a63bdd82ee22a378e9af371b14ad85f4.png

Screenshot_Doom_20221001_095419.png.968e634019cf032d1d9b264e490ce22e.png

WIP screenshots of MAP12

Both look really good!

Just now, SilverMiner said:

Nah, boom is gud

btw

I wanna take map07 slot

ye I love boom and didn't mean to insult boom, and yeah okay I'll permit you the slot of Map 7

Okay, I've done Map 21, decided to start atmospheric and end action packed, I made an atrocious looking icon of sin, but it works well, and you can 100% the map before you get there. 

MAP12 is done!

Name: Excavation

Map Format: Limit-removing

Ports Tested: PrBoom+, GZDoom, Eternity Engine, Crispy Doom

Map: MAP12

Music: "Ghost Town" by Stuart Rynn (Resurgence)

Difficulty Settings: Yes

Multiplayer Placement: No

Build Time: about a day

Downloady thingy righty here(y)

excavation.zip

17 minutes ago, Axuris said:

MAP12 is done!

Name: Excavation

Map Format: Limit-removing

Ports Tested: PrBoom+, GZDoom, Eternity Engine, Crispy Doom

Map: MAP12

Music: "Ghost Town" by Stuart Rynn (Resurgence)

Difficulty Settings: Yes

Multiplayer Placement: No

Build Time: about a day

Downloady thingy righty here(y)

excavation.zip

Sweet little map!

I also want to ask, are we allowed to claim another map slot after contributing a map?

I'd say that I'm creatively warmed up enough to make another map or two, but I also want to make sure that I can still contribute.

1 minute ago, Axuris said:

I also want to ask, are we allowed to claim another map slot after contributing a map?

I'd say that I'm creatively warmed up enough to make another map or two, but I also want to make sure that I can still contribute.

yeah

forget the 2 maps per mapper, I've broken it myself :P

Alright, in that case I'll take MAP25 as an extra.

I was about to mention you breaking that rule, but clearly I don't need to since you already did.

7 minutes ago, Axuris said:

Alright, in that case I'll take MAP25 as an extra.

I was about to mention you breaking that rule, but clearly I don't need to since you already did.

k added that to the map list, and yeah I'm an idiot :P

On 9/28/2022 at 2:47 PM, Codename_Delta said:

What is this?

It is a Limit-Removing (vanilla maps are also allowed) TNT Community Project of course! Which revolves around small details, things like environmental story-telling, and small stuff like that...

As someone who lead, ran, co-managed a TNT mapping project with a more "fleshed out" idea, and eventually canned it anyway at almost 20 maps in, I can confidently say this premise will not last a good while if you want to implement some degree of QA or cohesion later on. By the time I wanted to apply a higher degree of rigor, really develop the concept to make the wad come together better, it was already too late and it would've just lead to a whole different project so I scrapped it. Some members like Cacodemon187 or Quacken posted their maps for the project, they were really good, but the big thing was that I had a shit concept so it didn't matter how good the maps were, they stuck out like sore thumbs cause they were impossible to put together.

Edit: in other words, really aim to make a concept that people can dig into and experiment with it's setting. Like the small detail, maybe it's a project that works as a super doomcutification in the style of wads like Hellbound, or a more expressive drought down take on enviromental storytelling in the style of russian doom wads like Comatose. Something to get people thinking more about what they can make that can come together as one big really cool thing.

Edit 2: revamped my language a bit.

Edited by Bobby "J

I've got an unfinished, TNT-esque vanilla map from a while ago which could fit this. Think I'll dust it off, this seems like a good excuse to finish it. Its medium sized, somewhat difficult. Can I have MAP14?

Its like 90% done, needs one or two rooms finalising and probably a bit of re-texturing. 

3 hours ago, RedBoule said:

I would like to take map 13 :)

1 hour ago, Doomlust said:

Map 08 plz!

10 minutes ago, VisionThing said:

I've got an unfinished, TNT-esque vanilla map from a while ago which could fit this. Think I'll dust it off, this seems like a good excuse to finish it. Its medium sized, somewhat difficult. Can I have MAP14?

Its like 90% done, needs one or two rooms finalising and probably a bit of re-texturing. 

sure!

17 hours ago, Bobby "J said:

As someone who lead, ran, co-managed a TNT mapping project with a more "fleshed out" idea, and eventually canned it anyway at almost 20 maps in, I can confidently say this premise will not last a good while if you want to implement some degree of QA or cohesion later on. By the time I wanted to apply a higher degree of rigor, really develop the concept to make the wad come together better, it was already too late and it would've just lead to a whole different project so I scrapped it. Some members like Cacodemon187 or Quacken posted their maps for the project, they were really good, but the big thing was that I had a shit concept so it didn't matter how good the maps were, they stuck out like sore thumbs cause they were impossible to put together.

Edit: in other words, really aim to make a concept that people can dig into and experiment with it's setting. Like the small detail, maybe it's a project that works as a super doomcutification in the style of wads like Hellbound, or a more expressive drought down take on enviromental storytelling in the style of russian doom wads like Comatose. Something to get people thinking more about what they can make that can come together as one big really cool thing.

@Codename_Delta You reacted to this but didn't really address this. This is a very vague prompt for a community project and hasn't been picking up much traction (at least compared to what I've seen in the past), and that may have something to do with the idea. Without further elaborating on what you want out of the mappers, this could be as incohesive as TNT itself (you haven't even mentioned whether or not it is supposed to be a cohesive megawad or just a grab-bag sorta thing). Maybe give us episode themes or ideas, communicate with the mappers with more than just "k", and maybe rethink and restate the purpose of this project before too many maps have been finished and possibly have to change.

1 minute ago, Spineapple tea said:

@Codename_Delta You reacted to this but didn't really address this. This is a very vague prompt for a community project and hasn't been picking up much traction (at least compared to what I've seen in the past), and that may have something to do with the idea. Without further elaborating on what you want out of the mappers, this could be as incohesive as TNT itself (you haven't even mentioned whether or not it is supposed to be a cohesive megawad or just a grab-bag sorta thing). Maybe give us episode themes or ideas, communicate with the mappers with more than just "k", and maybe rethink and restate the purpose of this project before too many maps have been finished and possibly have to change.

sorry, yeah, I'm gonna have to rethink some things and try to structure this out.

1 minute ago, DustKo said:

Wow, what a nice vanilla TNT CP! It's my first time joining a community project and I would like to work on Map 19.

Thanks!

got it

ok, I already had this map some time ago and I really like it, so with the emergence of this project I found the perfect opportunity for it... I still need to add multiplayer and a midi. It's a short action-focused map.

Lunar_Observatory_v2_TNT.rar

DOOM79.png

DOOM80.png

MAP02 is 99% finished (tell me if you find any bug, and if you have any suggestion about the gameplay)

Difficulty is implemented (I did not multiplayer)

Music is "Armageddon Apparatus" by @MFG38 :)

Here is Human BBQ, MAP02 (updated 1.1 : realigned some textures and deleted some monsterblock lines) : https://www.mediafire.com/file/zuzlcowlrmasi42/MAP02.wad/file

image.png.03d2dcf984d5fb4e3456e7841926ae0b.png

Edited by Briøche

Here's some screenhots of my map. I was definitely going for the more "real place" feel of a lot of the TNT maps. If anyone has some tips on how to make it look a bit more TNT-like though, feel free to suggest them:

Spoiler

DOOM0001.png
DOOM0004.png
DOOM0006.png
DOOM0007.png

On 10/2/2022 at 9:04 PM, Briøche said:

MAP02 is 99% finished (tell me if you find any bug, and if you have any suggestion about the gameplay)

Difficulty is implemented (I did not multiplayer)

Music is "Armageddon Apparatus" by @MFG38 :)

Here is Human BBQ, MAP02 (updated 1.1 : realigned some textures and deleted some monsterblock lines) : https://www.mediafire.com/file/zuzlcowlrmasi42/MAP02.wad/file

image.png.03d2dcf984d5fb4e3456e7841926ae0b.png

Very nice map! I like the visual variety and the gameplay is also rock solid. The small touches like the player already facing the exit door upon returning to the first courtyard - it's good design.