Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Codename_Delta

[NO DEADLINE, AND SLOTS ALL TAKEN] Finer Doom: The Nominal Touches (TNT CP)

I've been silently working on mine whenever I get the chance! in between the 5 million other maps it feels like I'm trying to finish (oops).
Almost done!

2Ye4MsA.png
pkRCJyP.png

Hey @Codename_Delta, I've missed out a few projects in progress like this and looking to add it to the tracker if you're still seeking participants? If so would you mind clarifying the following for me and then I can get it listed:

• Looks like you're extending the deadline, would April 30th 2023 be accurate for the tracker?
  • According to the first post, 10 slots are still available. Is this up to date?

Cheers.

1 hour ago, quakis said:

Hey @Codename_Delta, I've missed out a few projects in progress like this and looking to add it to the tracker if you're still seeking participants? If so would you mind clarifying the following for me and then I can get it listed:

• Looks like you're extending the deadline, would April 30th 2023 be accurate for the tracker?
  • According to the first post, 10 slots are still available. Is this up to date?

Cheers.

Yeah, thanks!.

Its all up to date, the reason you missed it is because it silently died and it got resurrected.

Speaking of, I still need to finish map 31 D:

Edited by Codename_Delta

You know... I could probably take a crack at making a map for this, if you're still looking for mappers. Always had a bit of a soft spot for TNT and I DO have a couple of Doom 2 maps I started but never finished / got off the ground I could cobble together. Could I maybe give MAP28 a try?

51 minutes ago, Athel said:

You know... I could probably take a crack at making a map for this, if you're still looking for mappers. Always had a bit of a soft spot for TNT and I DO have a couple of Doom 2 maps I started but never finished / got off the ground I could cobble together. Could I maybe give MAP28 a try?

Sure.

I'm a newcomer to Doom mapping, but I really love TNT and I want to contribute something, so the legacy of Ty Halderman and TeamTNT would live on till the end of universe. Can I have MAP23?

One question though: it is allowed if someone made more than one level for the project?

22 minutes ago, Heretic926 said:

I'm a newcomer to Doom mapping, but I really love TNT and I want to contribute something, so the legacy of Ty Halderman and TeamTNT would live on till the end of universe. Can I have MAP23?

One question though: it is allowed if someone made more than one level for the project?

Yeah. It's in the OP IIRC

MAP23 update: I'd say that the map is about 80% done - exit area, couple of encounters and final touch-ups are left to do. Some screenies:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20230216_232757.png.826716234ca0d477640342cea4ce1a6e.png

Making a mess in the reading room (or is it dining room?)

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20230216_232340.png.9d61111f8402c11f2b5cee7ac8e16db0.png

That plasma gun looks suspicious...

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20230216_231622.png.0fffa654df3d001ca100221a73121dae.png

Definetely not an evil trap.

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20230216_231519.png.ec68981301889e014c8ebfa5779f988a.png

Red key fight with the glimpse on FATHOMLESS DEPTHS OF HELL.

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20230216_231421.png.f6181885ad8a6562e6960bc65e0fb0f4.png

What's what you get if you are being loud in library!

@Codename_DeltaI'm also gonna make a bold move and ask the permission to take MAP29 and MAP30 as well, I have couple of ideas for penultimate map and Icon of put this map in a Bin. I think I'll make them to the deadline, of course if you're not against that.

A first draft of a map for this project appears, hooray!

DOWNLOAD

Title: Guys love traps!

Author: Walter

Slot: MAP07

Build time: 2/3 weeks, in the incredible span time of 10 freaking years, no joking!

Difficulty settings: Not atm

Multiplayer: Yes (only coop)

Tested with: Chocorenderlimits 1.5, Chocorenderlimits 3.0 (gibbon version), Crispy Doom 5.11

Bugs: A visplane (or drawsegs?) spotted by chocorenderlimits

Description: A map based upon traps sets in a canyon place, it takes a very long time to be completed by making it. I hope the difficulty is acceptable for this map.

Feedback is always highly accepted, let me know what do you think!

34 minutes ago, Heretic926 said:

MAP23 update: I'd say that the map is about 80% done - exit area, couple of encounters and final touch-ups are left to do. Some screenies:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_Doom_20230216_232757.png.826716234ca0d477640342cea4ce1a6e.png

Making a mess in the reading room (or is it dining room?)

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_Doom_20230216_232340.png.9d61111f8402c11f2b5cee7ac8e16db0.png

That plasma gun looks suspicious...

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_Doom_20230216_231622.png.0fffa654df3d001ca100221a73121dae.png

Definetely not an evil trap.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_Doom_20230216_231519.png.ec68981301889e014c8ebfa5779f988a.png

Red key fight with the glimpse on FATHOMLESS DEPTHS OF HELL.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_Doom_20230216_231421.png.f6181885ad8a6562e6960bc65e0fb0f4.png

What's what you get if you are being loud in library!

@Codename_DeltaI'm also gonna make a bold move and ask the permission to take MAP29 and MAP30 as well, I have couple of ideas for penultimate map and Icon of put this map in a Bin. I think I'll make them to the deadline, of course if you're not against that.

I'll be fine with 29 or 30, but 2 slots together, y'know what, go ahead.

3 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

DOWNLOAD

Build time: 2/3 weeks, in the incredible span time of 10 freaking years, no joking!

Tested with: Chocorenderlimits 1.5, Chocorenderlimits 3.0 (gibbon version), Crispy Doom 5.11

Description: A map based upon traps sets in a canyon place, it takes a very long time to be completed by making it. I hope the difficulty is acceptable for this map.

Will try tomorrow, as its late rn.

Finished my map, feedback really appreciated because if you find the level is too hard to complete (it's possible to beat it on UV with pistol-start, but I don't recommend it if you're not expirienced player), I'll make necessary changes to difficulty.

DOWNLOAD

3 hours ago, Heretic926 said:

Finished my map, feedback really appreciated because if you find the level is too hard to complete (it's possible to beat it on UV with pistol-start, but I don't recommend it if you're not expirienced player), I'll make necessary changes to difficulty.

DOWNLOAD

looks great, ofc to test I have to pistol start, a bit hard for me, couldn't beat it, but for the near end of the wad, it needs to get hard.

On 2/16/2023 at 9:32 PM, Walter confetti said:

DOWNLOAD

wow just wow.

fun, took me some tries, looks cool and plays good!

bug

also don't worry about drawseg/visplane overflowsnugg0105.png.af9ecf35f7e06289a02cc6e028aab8ca.png

5 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Thanks. How about the difficulty? Is it good the way it is now?

Yeah, took a couple tries (because I suck lmao), but it was fun, and fair.

16 hours ago, Codename_Delta said:

looks great, ofc to test I have to pistol start, a bit hard for me, couldn't beat it, but for the near end of the wad, it needs to get hard.

Map isn't that difficult on HMP and lower or in single segment playthrough on UV since the player carries all the stuff from previous levels (I suppose). I might have overfilled the map with encounters, so it feels to me like I did a Plutonia impression rather than TNT, although Plutonia maps aren't that detailed.

2 hours ago, Heretic926 said:

Map isn't that difficult on HMP and lower or in single segment playthrough on UV since the player carries all the stuff from previous levels (I suppose). I might have overfilled the map with encounters, so it feels to me like I did a Plutonia impression rather than TNT, although Plutonia maps aren't that detailed.

nugg0106.png.6dbf70a9c5b968d4a04ae74fe7b80638.pngI found a HOM while trying to beat the thing

2 minutes ago, Codename_Delta said:

nugg0106.png.6dbf70a9c5b968d4a04ae74fe7b80638.pngI found a HOM while trying to beat the thing

My bad! There was supposed to be that flesh-tech texture from the original Doom and it was there when I tested the map on ZDoom, but not in prboom+ (or DSDA fork in my case). I guess I need to actually put custom textures in the wad through SLADE so they would work properly, right? Thanks anyway, I'll fix that mistake ASAP, also gonna find a proper MIDI to put in the map.

Just now, Heretic926 said:

My bad! There was supposed to be that flesh-tech texture from the original Doom and it was there when I tested the map on ZDoom, but not in prboom+ (or DSDA fork in my case). I guess I need to actually put custom textures in the wad through SLADE so they would work properly, right? Thanks anyway, I'll fix that mistake ASAP, also gonna find a proper MIDI to put in the map.

yeah... about that... you can only use the stock TNT textures

Oh well, alright then. Gotta be creative with how I fix that little thing. What about other custom graphics like status bar or intermission screens; are they allowed?

2 hours ago, Heretic926 said:

Oh well, alright then. Gotta be creative with how I fix that little thing. What about other custom graphics like status bar or intermission screens; are they allowed?

yeah, it needs to be agreed on when someone recommends a graphic to be whatever