Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kinsie

[GZDoom] MetaDoom - v7.1 "Ghost"

Recommended Posts

HOT DAMN this looks fantastic! I hate that I'm at work and can't play it right now, but just wait until I get home. 

(Update coming soon)

Share this post


Link to post

Can vouch for this. It’s the mod that actually got me to redownload Doom after not playing it for years. He does a really good job bringing together a bunch of different stuff and the way the difficulty ramps out makes it a massive improvement over typical randomizers.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Faceman2000 said:

Can vouch for this. It’s the mod that actually got me to redownload Doom after not playing it for years. He does a really good job bringing together a bunch of different stuff and the way the difficulty ramps out makes it a massive improvement over typical randomizers.

 

Wait a minute, this mod has been out for a while now? How did I not catch that? Now I feel bad for now seeing this before now. Guess I'll have to play it all this weekend to make up for it... oh poor me. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Smoothandz said:

 

Wait a minute, this mod has been out for a while now? How did I not catch that? Now I feel bad for now seeing this before now. Guess I'll have to play it all this weekend to make up for it... oh poor me. 

I only just posted it on Doomworld for the first time right now, upon realising that maybe, if I try really hard, I can post my mods on two message boards. Different ones, even!

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Kinsie said:

I only just posted it on Doomworld for the first time right now, upon realising that maybe, if I try really hard, I can post my mods on two message boards. Different ones, even!

 

Well, looks like it's my lucky day. Like I said earlier, I'm at work right now (working real hard as you can tell) but as soon as I can, I'll get this downloaded and play the crap out of it. With mods like this, keep-um coming my dude!

Share this post


Link to post

Oh! Also! Since Doomworld is traditionally more about maps than gameplay mods! Be sure to also check out Baphomet's Entryway, an incredible map showing off MetaDoom's mapper-centric functionality by the wonderful @DrPyspy! Exclamation points!

 

pgxEGWJ.png

Share this post


Link to post

Wait Metadoom is mapper friendly?

I gotta check that out now.

I wish more gameplay mods had mapper support.

Share this post


Link to post

Oh yeah, I should probably add that to the OP.

 

I really really wish there were more maps designed for gameplay mods and I've been pushing for it as hard as I can, with minimal success. There's been a couple, but mostly for mapper-specific mods like Supercharge. Which is great, but I'm greedy and want the love to be spread further!

Share this post


Link to post

I remember starting v666 without reading the description. My computer suffered from not being able to modify the blood volume and duration, and I assumed it was a heavy mode and turned it off. It was my fault for having to read it slowly then.
Now, by tweaking the options, it runs very well. It's still fun.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Kinsie said:

I really really wish there were more maps designed for gameplay mods and I've been pushing for it as hard as I can, with minimal success. There's been a couple, but mostly for mapper-specific mods like Supercharge. Which is great, but I'm greedy and want the love to be spread further!

 

I do too, Kinsie! I'd really love to see some WADs developed with MetaDoom in mind similar to Supercharge. From my observations these past two years, it feels like Doom mappers and modders are too comfortable in their separate bubbles and need to come together more often to create some new, powerful Dooming experiences.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

 

I do too, Kinsie! I'd really love to see some WADs developed with MetaDoom in mind similar to Supercharge. From my observations these past two years, it feels like Doom mappers and modders are too comfortable in their separate bubbles and need to come together more often to create some new, powerful Dooming experiences.

My understanding, as flawed and mockable as it might be, is that gameplay mods mostly flow from the ZDoom Forums, while Doomworld tends to be more map-centric and Boom-centric, and there’s always been differences , both cultural and political (for lack of a better word). Lazy stereotyping? Probably! But some beautiful things could come of the two working together, and it’s a damn shame that it’s never quite come to pass. All I can do is the legwork in case the situation magically changes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Kinsie said:

All I can do is the legwork in case the situation magically changes.

 

And I for one applaud you for doing said legwork, mate.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/1/2022 at 12:53 AM, MemeMind said:

Wait Metadoom is mapper friendly?

I gotta check that out now.

I wish more gameplay mods had mapper support.

Semi(?)-necrobump, but I feel like the majority of gameplay mods can be tailored with custom maps if the mappers are willing to. Maybe I'm wrong tho.

Edited by taufan99

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/1/2022 at 6:12 PM, Kinsie said:

My understanding, as flawed and mockable as it might be, is that gameplay mods mostly flow from the ZDoom Forums, while Doomworld tends to be more map-centric and Boom-centric, and there’s always been differences , both cultural and political (for lack of a better word). Lazy stereotyping? Probably!

In a way, it's useful and makes sense - we have one place that's 3/4ths "Maps of the boom, vanilla and LR variety", with the other 1/4th being gameplay mods, "fancy" map packs for (G)ZDoom and Eternity, etc - then on the ZDoom forums, there's more of a distinct focus on mods and ZDoom-centric mapsets (naturally) with some other stuff mixed in.

 

I really would like to see Doomworld and the ZDoom forums act slightly more as associates than we currently do. Just a simple "other Doom community resources" tab or section somewhere with the ZDoom forums and a handful of other Doom sites/forums, and having other forums do the same. It could definitely lead to more cross-chatter and cross-forum wad posting, at the very least..

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I really would like to see Doomworld and the ZDoom forums act slightly more as associates than we currently do. Just a simple "other Doom community resources" tab or section somewhere with the ZDoom forums and a handful of other Doom sites/forums, and having other forums do the same. It could definitely lead to more cross-chatter and cross-forum wad posting, at the very least..

It'd be nice, but let's be honest - it's about as likely as world peace.

Share this post


Link to post

Dude, did you just grab a dog and threw it at someone's face? That was hilarious 😂

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×