Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beezee88

First Computer Game you ever played

Fond retro memories galore.

First game I ever played was 'Commander Keen', in 1992. The game was written in 1988, by some guy (can't remember his name). Oh it was great! A side scroller, 16(!) colour graphics, and PC speaker sound!!! Blastola Cola is the best weapon ever, fact. I played on a 386 16Mhz b/w laptop (I didn't discover the colour graphics until recently, on my P75 laptop). Anyone else played this?

I really can't remember, as I never really owned a computer.
although I remember this golf game that I always liked to play for some reason (maybe because there was speach.)
I remember playing "catacombs" early on in my life too.

hmm, some weird c64 game I played casually. Can't remember what it was called. First computer game I played actively though was the original civ, on an amiga.

Heh. One of the 40 or so games on my dad's C64.

The first two PC games I remember though were Playroom and Treasure Mountain. My dad bought both soon after he got us thet weird little blue-grey screen PoS. The greatest part was when he got us a standard PC and I was finaly able to see everything in full color. Anyway, Treasure Mountain is like the greatest edutainment game ever made right next to Turbo Science. :P

About 27 years ago (or maybe less, try 25,24? I'm old, my memories letting me down) my dad was manager of an electrics store. They had the very first pong (tennis) style game marketed for home use. This was probably one of the very first consoles ever! I got to play that. It seemed cool at the time, but I was only 6 (or maybe slightly older :).

The first home 'computer' game I played would have been something on the ZX81, but I can't remember what.

It was a game called Outnumbered for Macintosh (B/W) I remember how I suffered to play the game when I hadn't learned english very well. The second ones were Mac Man (Pac Man Rip-off) and Super Muncher whoa I learned way big vocabulary thing!! And I remember when I thought that Chickenpox was food, that celery was the same as Jealousy, and lung was the same as steak......
Shame on me /____\

First game I played was Ice climber or Super Mario Bros.. But if you wanna be picky and just call computers, It must have been Rick Dangerous for the AtariST (very very good old plateu game, indiana jones inspired)

Hocus Pocus on a 486 DX 66mhz. It was before we upgraded to a 486 DX 100mhz for doom years ago. No, I only have parts of this comp, mainly the soundcard and monitor. :P I actually still play that game, and also have the *registered* version. Yay. :)

Tombstone City on the Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer. Back when computers were hooked up to TVs via UHV thingamajigs. I still have my TI and the game, come to think of it...they both still work perfect.

Not counting arcade games or those crappy bat/ball games you played on the TV, it would be Space Invaders on the Sharp MZ-80K. It came with the computer, IIRC.

Either Hangman on the Tandy, or some Apple ][e "games" back in kindergarten, I can't remember.

Something on the Speccy, but I'm not sure what - probably one of those tiny games that consisted of a few dozen lines of Basic. First one I remember properly was either Dizzy or Jet Set Willy II.

beezee88 said:

First game I ever played was 'Commander Keen', in 1992. The game was written in 1988, by some guy (can't remember his name).

The first Commander Keen game was released in 1990 or 1991, can't remember which, by a small company known as Id Software.

And I can't remember the first game I ever played. Apparently I could totally kick my dad's ass at this game he had on the Atari 2600 when I was a year old.

not sure on the name but it was a russian game, no not tetris. i played it when i was 8 on a visit to my birth home on an old 286. my uncle sold a tractor motor for it back home. infact it is still there and used by him, however that game is long gone.

it was a side scroller with 16 color, like keen, however it was all in russian. you played as a soldier and had to make it threw a number of bases. being russian i had no idea what it was about, probably you were destroying american bases. yet it was fun. that was my first PC game.

I had played atari for years. My dad had gotten one, dont know were or how, but we had it. when i was 5 a friend of my dad's gave us a shit load of games for it, i mean like 150+ games! I played it for many, many years. infact i got it in the room right now.

here is my list of favorite and rembered arati games.
adventure
pitfall
salaris
some castle game
football
missle command
missle blaster
pong
breakout
pac man[all of them]
river raid
asshole(card game)

games that made no sense, or i didnt understand at the time
king of the mountian
ET
reactor
knight on the town

I believe the first computer game I ever played was either pong or space invaders. (yes, I AM that old). But, in reality, the first computer game I played was on the equivalent of a teletype machine and involved a racing game that was programmed on cards with holes punched in them. That was programmed by a friend of mine at the time.- I'm going back to HS for that one. I believe it was strictly a text type game with no visuals (no pc's back then).
lol

Since my first computer was a Commodore 64, it was most likely a C64-game. I can't remember which one though. It might have been Pitfall or Bubble Bobble.

Captain Comic, way back before I could speak. Well, OK. It was more my dad playing and me watching, but SHUSH.