Audioslave

Yes or no  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no

• YES
    • yes
    • no
    • NO
    • RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE ARE CAPITALIST PHONIES!

Following a friend's advice I bought their album, and I pretty much enjoy it. So I'm curious: do you like them?

Well I've never heard Audioslave, but I had to vote for the last one because its true. :P

Heh, I've heard some RATM stuff before, pretty good I guess. I think I've heard one or two Audioslave songs, but I can't remember their names :P

Audioslave suck because they are nothing unique or unexpected.

Imagine some time before they were formed, a person thought:
"Hmmm... I wonder what it would sound like if Soundgarden and RATM merged together?"

The result: AUDIOSLAVE! Rage and Soundgarden! Nothing else! I could have just created the songs off the top of my head!

The RATM sound is one of the most unique rock sounds from the 90s. Expecting anything else from 3/4 of RATM would be silly, so yes it isn't unexpected, but it still classifies as unique as there's really only 4 other albums that sound anything like it (compare that number against the total number of CD releases and you'll see what I mean).

The sound is still a good one, but the one complaint I do have about the CD is that they quickly fall into cliches of their creation - every song has the same basic structure (verse chorus verse chorus solo bridge chorus).