Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

Cubic Center of Controlled Chaos

Not played the map yet, but music sounds like a version of this piece from Matrix OST:

Spoiler

Cantankerous crater of cataclysmic calamity, back with a twist!

2 minutes ago, Astro X said:

That's a complete coincidence that never occurred to me lol - bio just randomly came up with the name and I loved it

I need him to name more maps

3 minutes ago, Clippy said:
6 minutes ago, Astro X said:

That's a complete coincidence that never occurred to me lol - bio just randomly came up with the name and I loved it 

What can I say? Alliteration is fun!

Map looks nice! I'll definitely try this out. But one question...Is this all in just one map? or are there multiple ones?

3 hours ago, Guest_129432 said:

Map looks nice! I'll definitely try this out. But one question...Is this all in just one map? or are there multiple ones?

It's just 1 relatively short map - 15-20 min map or so

Tested in UV.

Quite challenging and entertaining map you got here.
Loved the interconnectivity and the secrets (even if I totally missed the berserk D:), just a couple of notes:

• Overall it felt rather confusing with all of the different doors you put there and the continuous backtracking
  • You forgot to change the acid texture in the 2 alcoves floor
  • I would've loved to have the rocket launcher before the hell knights + revenants encounter (even because I almost didn't even use it later)
  • I hate that switch door x)

A part from these, I've seen a great improvement in architecture and textures, I really like the layout and overall aesthetics and, like I said, very entertaining.

Now watch me keep on forgetting to press the switch to open that damn door:

Spoiler

That was gnarly! Really had to rely on infighting at the beginning, and I never felt safe at any point - I learnt the hard way by rushing a few too many areas lol. Really cool map. I like how your stuff always seems to have a higher concept behind it in the gameplay and level design.  

The music appears to be Heretic E1M1 with different melodies. Percussion is identical I swear. 

1 hour ago, Biodegradable said:

What can I say? Alliteration is fun!

Crazy collection of claustrophobic combat chunks.

This one was fun. There's nothing better than a Clippy funhouse and this one was no exception. I also happened to have a fun time chatting with @Clippy himself about the map while playing it blind :)

thanks everyone for feedback so far

that music tho right what the hell is it - its awesome - nice guesses lol your guess is as good as mine @Arwel @VisionThing

@Biodegradable fun surprise to see you play it again - sorry for confusion - I know it up your alley - tech base and all - I think this is a more normal traditional feeling map for me - like a real tech base feeling tech base - @Kan3 thanks for playing and the praise - see bio vid for how to get berserk - you were so close so many times you may kick yourself haha - fixed textures - but yeah its a little confusing - disorienting on purpose - hopefully not too bad -gotta give that archie time to bring back all those opening ppl - you kill 60 in the first minute haa - ya @Guest_129432 you beat it so fast ! good job especially when you were between two archies and a hard place - fun to watch guys and of course @LVENdead it was a pleasure to be in ur vid - getting to talk about the map while it played in real time is intresting and I had a blast - better call saul for life -- @VisionThing gnarly dude - this map may indeed not be a speedrunning thing - doctors n speedrunners hate him LOL thanks for playing all!

3 hours ago, Clippy said:

@Kan3 thanks for playing and the praise - see bio vid for how to get berserk - you were so close so many times you may kick yourself haha - fixed textures - but yeah its a little confusing - disorienting on purpose - hopefully not too bad -gotta give that archie time to bring back all those opening ppl - you kill 60 in the first minute haa

I opened it up in the editor cause I was too curious x) damn barrel that I left alive that completely hid the button. Nope, don't worry, not too bad at all! Yeah, I didn't remember all of those people there ahahahahah 

Alright I played through the map, found 1 secret and it was really good. Have beaten it in 19 minutes, I enjoyed it! Good one

Also the archvile thing again :D

Look who's back! I found 1 out of 3 of the official secrets and that was really just because I decided to go back to the large courtyard. It was kind of nice how you made this simple layout kind of confusing. A little more laid-back in most spots, which was probably half the point.

lmd_cube.zip

@Pezl glad u enjoyed it - I always have to end on an archvile note dont I lol - cant help myserlf

@LadyMistDragon very helpful demo! I think I see a misalligned texture on crate by yellow key - will fix and it shouldn't mess up your demo. Also you left the starting imp alive and no way back to start room, so cool to see you still get it from outside. And the rev hell knights are something I love to see infight - you were close on some secrets - It does get a bit confusing at the end because silver gates put you on a specific path to allow the archie to bring back all those big group of guys from the start - it doesnt often work out as great as it did in your run - he brought damn near all of them back it seems - which is why I give rocket launcher at end to go to party town - great play thanks so much!!

@Custom Longplay thanks for playing man always a pleasure - for some reason I can't comment on your video but what happened at 33:11 with the hell knight fused to the wall

Lol fun 🦞

All right here's a reveal video of sorts one last test with some good friends before sending it off to the archive thanks for the support everyone