Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

🔥Bonfire Party Times🔥

Tested blind UV in Crispy Doom (appropriate for a crispy map)

Spoiler

Lots of fun, I only died once but sadly had so marshmallows on hand to mark the occasion.  Ended up finding 7/7 secrets--lots of fun hidden bits for such a dinky map!  Great traps as always, every time I thought I could safely retreat back there were more new nasties waiting behind me.  Dreaded the archie when I heard it cry out but was able to squish it with the BFG when the moment came.  Fun little romp as usual

Haha try me friend, found all your secrets :D

UV maxed if anyone asked, i also was surprised how much did the revenants resist.. Literally shot both revenants like 7 times with shotgun before 1 of them died

you know i love short maps, well made!!

Screenshot-Doom-20221003-163137.png

@Codename_Delta haha - yeah I love my bonfire pit and was just feeling creative but lazy last night - I just had to make SOMETHING

@Guest_129432 yes fire

@Zero Master's Clone there is a BFG in this map and if u play your cards right you can get some nice juicy ammo for it too

@Biodegradable wow man - I didn't playtest it a bunch - like saves and stuff but you did a deathless run so quick - I'm very impressed - at least now I can confirm it's possible lol - also good job finding the secrets - that last one I can message you about - it will make you mad - you were on the right path but didn't hump the specific texture to open it - anyway good times man

@DoctorNuriel I also love short punchy maps, so it makes sense I would attempt to make one: something short but not pointless or a push over either - a little pocket kick int he pants experience

@Stupid Bunny nice - I test in crispy too - at least a godmode text to make sure all triggers work -- nice to see u play my speedmap tho I dont have the fast building skills you do -- curious what killed you - I think the start and end hardest - I tried to add traps and surprrise come from behind moments but I felt like I could have done more - like when the 4 revs happen, more stuff should have happened lol - but I crammed things in as tight as I can and of course, couldn't help but go on a secret binge too

@RED77 always glad to see your feedback man

@Pezl is that a sweet supply of wood or what? kudos finding all the secrets - some are very silly! Rev vs single shotgun can be tricky, I enjoy it - but you only have to do one like that - by the time you open the yellow key to face four you can already have SSG

good times all - as always this community is great and its nice to see a reception like this - made my day :)

2 hours ago, Clippy said:

@Pezl is that a sweet supply of wood or what? kudos finding all the secrets - some are very silly! Rev vs single shotgun can be tricky, I enjoy it - but you only have to do one like that - by the time you open the yellow key to face four you can already have SSG

I didnt really notice the ssg room openning, saw that when i was looking for secrets so right at the end of my playthrough :D

Also this is probably first time when i found all the secrets on any of your maps, i usually dont look up for them that much in bigger maps but this one was small so i felt like trying to reveal the mystery of hidden rooms

3 hours ago, Clippy said:

@Stupid Bunny nice - I test in crispy too - at least a godmode text to make sure all triggers work -- nice to see u play my speedmap tho I dont have the fast building skills you do -- curious what killed you - I think the start and end hardest - I tried to add traps and surprrise come from behind moments but I felt like I could have done more - like when the 4 revs happen, more stuff should have happened lol - but I crammed things in as tight as I can and of course, couldn't help but go on a secret binge too

It was a really dumb death, I somehow fisted the first several monsters to death without taking a single hit, then lost half my health to the chaingunner in a box, then got splatted by a second revenant after fumbling my weapons.  The start was intense fun prancing around the bonfire, amazed I didn't get clipped (lol) by anybody but I think I'm getting more handy (lolol) with the berserk.  I'll stop before I make any more accidental puns but I'll be back for more of your speedmappery

Compact, aggressive, and in your face. Great little map!

@Brioche - nice to see you join the youtube game! I subbed - great video - it's amazing to survive on a 1% not just once but TWICE lol - phenomenal run I loved it - thanks !

@Pezl cool stuff - even in a tiny map I cant help but go overboard in secrets lol - playing it secretless is a big challenge - but with secrets MUCH easier

@Stupid Bunny I know all about dumb deaths lol - couldnt help it I was curious - thx for puns lol love em

@LVENdead this was a nice treat - love the frantic spontanous opening - first how I made this map on a whim - dying next to the invlun is painful lol - yes I did block the baron in -0 check the map in editor - block lines - if played right you can have the pain elemental shoot you and he just spits lost soul bubblegum in his own face

@phoo thnaks so much man this is the kind of thing I go for - just limited time and energy I never want to do it on a large scale - I think small bite sized maps like this are more accessible anyway

good times all

20 hours ago, Briøche said:

Holy... It was my lucky day...

I cant figure out how to actually tag you so look up

3 hours ago, Guest_129432 said:

truly fire, i love it

Man this was a very helpful vid - first off I always try to think of archvile jump breaks but did not consider it here - thankfully you died lol or you would have been softlocked - I did a quick fix so if you get in there you have a way out now and get 3 medkits you otherwise could never get as a new hallway opens - only if you are blasted through the window - check it out and thanks so much!

oh yeah the baron got out - I have to fix that too - will patch quickly

8 hours ago, Clippy said:

Man this was a very helpful vid - first off I always try to think of archvile jump breaks but did not consider it here - thankfully you died lol or you would have been softlocked - I did a quick fix so if you get in there you have a way out now and get 3 medkits you otherwise could never get as a new hallway opens - only if you are blasted through the window - check it out and thanks so much!

oh yeah the baron got out - I have to fix that too - will patch quickly

yup, but still...good job on making this map!

Nice little map! I had fun with it, it was a good way to unbend after work :) I recorded my playthrough!

I'm a beginner to recording with commentary so I was playing very badly and wasn't really paying much attention to what I'm doing :) I didn't even notice when I picked up the red key :) I think it takes practice to get used to play and talk at the same time!

So, here is the video - with me talking absolute nonsense, playing like crap and still having fun :D Enjoy ;)

(I have no idea why thumbnail is not displaying when I embedded the video, maybe it's because HD is still processing?)

@jacnowak thanks for vid! I was worried ppl may miss the key under chaingunner - not sure how to change it - haha nice vid man!

It is tricky sometimes to talk and play we all know that - you did fine

you helped me with something, I did have a way to get into the imp halls from archvile jump but forgot to program the blue key from both sides. Arch vile jumping is NOT required to UV max this but it is a way to access a secret a different way haha - you can actually get to blood halls and kill imp before encountering archie

23 hours ago, Clippy said:

I was worried ppl may miss the key under chaingunner - not sure how to change it

Haha I think don’t worry about it, it’s so early in the map there aren’t really many choices to make so people will open red door sooner or later and realise.

I spent forever looking for the last secret - then it dawned on me the Arch-vile near the end had more than 1 purpose....also, shame on you for placing blue keys behind the blue door! And for placing useless stuff behind the door it actually required! Seems like a good map to Tyson at least until you get to the multiple shotgunners/or the Arch-vile/Imp combo at the end.

lmd_bonfire.zip

17 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

I spent forever looking for the last secret - then it dawned on me the Arch-vile near the end had more than 1 purpose....also, shame on you for placing blue keys behind the blue door! And for placing useless stuff behind the door it actually required! Seems like a good map to Tyson at least until you get to the multiple shotgunners/or the Arch-vile/Imp combo at the end.

lmd_bonfire.zip

Thanks for playing! I got a little bit carried away with the secrets. Can't help myself

I'm going to have an actual bonfire tonight and then try to do a demo of this sometime try to explain my dumb thoughts

Just to be clear I hate one time secrets and almost never use them. The arch file is not required but does work as an alternate means to perform it

You can get mad at me about the blue key thing if I made it mandatory for progression but keep in mind it's a secret and the whole premise of secrets is to hide things and be tricky. Most people solve it anyway by simply testing the door regardless or noticing on the map there's no Blue line

Yeah not all secrets have the best things in them sometimes it's hard to come up with sensible things to hide in places cuz I make more hidey holes than there is things to put in them

Even before the exit there's a lot of things that would be a pain in the ass to Tyson like all those shotgunners and stuff

But anyway thanks for giving a try 🌛

4 hours ago, Clippy said:

Thanks for playing! I got a little bit carried away with the secrets. Can't help myself

I'm going to have an actual bonfire tonight and then try to do a demo of this sometime try to explain my dumb thoughts

Just to be clear I hate one time secrets and almost never use them. The arch file is not required but does work as an alternate means to perform it

You can get mad at me about the blue key thing if I made it mandatory for progression but keep in mind it's a secret and the whole premise of secrets is to hide things and be tricky. Most people solve it anyway by simply testing the door regardless or noticing on the map there's no Blue line

Yeah not all secrets have the best things in them sometimes it's hard to come up with sensible things to hide in places cuz I make more hidey holes than there is things to put in them

Even before the exit there's a lot of things that would be a pain in the ass to Tyson like all those shotgunners and stuff

But anyway thanks for giving a try 🌛

I don't actually mind, although it might be better if the decisions I was referring to had been more deliberate. But I once again fell into the same trap as MtPain27 has done occasionally. I actually thought the multiple blue keys were amusing.

17 minutes ago, LadyMistDragon said:

I don't actually mind, although it might be better if the decisions I was referring to had been more deliberate. But I once again fell into the same trap as MtPain27 has done occasionally. I actually thought the multiple blue keys were amusing.

haha - glad u were amused - it was meant to be funny - I try to be silly in my maps - but also as a means to convey that yes, the blue key wasn't programmed as such on purpose - for a secret - the keys were to say ya im a jerk lol

always trying to come up with new secret types anyway - as always experimenting and having fun - always try to bring something new or different or I haven't done to the table each time