Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DSC

Doomworld's Official NHL Thread

The NHL season is nearly here... Before the Preds play against the Sharks in Berlin and officially kickstart it abroad, they will play a game against two european teams there. Today was Preds vs Bern, and the Preds won 4-3 in what was an exciting and overall excellent game. Tomorrow is Sharks vs Berlin, and they have a pretty high bar to top now. Lets see how it goes!

But anyways, what are your predictions and hopes for the regular season? I'm personally over here just begging and hoping the Leafs don't choke it yet another time...

2 minutes ago, Mr. Freeze said:

FUCK THE LEAFS!

You've just made yourself a big enemy.

I predict that I'm going to watch a lot of hockey, again.

GO LEAFS!

FUCK GAME BLACKOUTS! heh

Have a free wallpaper.

0Okxlne.jpg

5 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

FUCK THE BRUINS!

FUCK THE BRUINS!

FUCK THE BRUINS!

I agree. A quick google search says they lost to Devils in a preseason game today? I guess some things are right in the world sometimes

25 minutes ago, Doom_Dude said:

FUCK GAME BLACKOUTS! 

There are some statements you can make in a sports thread that will deservedly garner universal agreement and this is one of them

Don't have any hopes for the Blues this season, since we have to deal with a dangerous Avs team (even if they DON'T have Nazem Kadri)... but at least we did good this postseason, and we signed Jordan Kyrou and Robert Thomas to the same eight-year extensions.

On 10/3/2022 at 5:25 PM, DSC said:

You've just made yourself a big enemy.

It's okay, everyone hates the Leafs.

Habs fan here, ready to watch that L counter go all the way up. If there's a good year to be bad, it'll be this one. Let's go dumpster diving for draft picks, guys!

Leafs' first game of the season tonight. Lets see if they can kick it off to a good start!

Unfortunately, Matt Murray didn't get the memo the season started yesterday.

Very surprising of the Habs to win that game, moreso considering we lost all of our preseason games. Oh well, I'll happily take a W over our rivals!

re: leafs talk

Just as a heads up, I absolutely don't mind that people talk about the Leafs a lot or anything, they are likely the biggest NHL organization to exist so obviously people will talk about them a lot. But hey, I'm a Habs fan so of course the Leafs (the organization, not its fans) are gonna be enemies, haha.  But in the end, I don't really hold anything against them, it's just funny (and kinda weird, given the talent they have) that they just can't win a playoff series no matter what.

Im not a sports guy but all I know is that ever since Vegas got a team, my Parents went ballistic for hockey. So that means they take up the living room tv late at night and make alot of noise. 

On 10/13/2022 at 11:35 AM, PsychEyeball said:

Unfortunately, Matt Murray didn't get the memo the season started yesterday.

Now he's got a groin disturbance and is out until November or somethin. It's up to Samsonov and they called up Kallgren. Anyhow the leafs beat the Caps the other day and Senators just earlier.

Very surprising of the Habs to win that game, moreso considering we lost all of our preseason games. Oh well, I'll happily take a W over our rivals!

Man was I annoyed the Leafs lost that one. lol

re: leafs talk

Just as a heads up, I absolutely don't mind that people talk about the Leafs a lot or anything, they are likely the biggest NHL organization to exist so obviously people will talk about them a lot. But hey, I'm a Habs fan so of course the Leafs (the organization, not its fans) are gonna be enemies, haha.  But in the end, I don't really hold anything against them, it's just funny (and kinda weird, given the talent they have) that they just can't win a playoff series no matter what.

It's true what you said there. One thing I found weird during the Habs game was the red glow from the lights from the upper deck that made the ice reddish... man that was bugging my eyes.

Speaking of all this hockey stuff. I was hating all the online gambling commercials last year and the few digital ads that were on the ice. Now we have these hideous digital ads on the boards that keep flickering and changing. Talk about ugly.. Plus some teams have advert logo things on the player jerseys. Toronto got Milk. haha.

Last game was a rollercoaster of emotions... Thankfully we pulled through with it in the end!!

On 10/5/2022 at 8:45 AM, HavoX said:

Don't have any hopes for the Blues this season

GOOD LORD

This has got to be the worst team I've seen so far

We can't even score properly.

This thread has been dormant for many months now, but something just happened that absolutely warranted a bump.

WE DID IT WE FUCKING DID IT LEAFS GOT OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

@Mr. Freeze How'd you like them apples now?

Seems like there IS a President's Trophy curse after all..

And NOW it's the Kraken that pull off the upset! Two for the price of one!

3 hours ago, HavoX said:

@Mr. Freeze How'd you like them apples now?

Seems like there IS a President's Trophy curse after all..

Bro I wanna fucken die. Every year it's the same shit, good regular season leading into a mess of a postseason. Bad defense and being unable to put the puck into the net every fucken time. At least our goalie has the talent. 

7 hours ago, HavoX said:

And NOW it's the Kraken that pull off the upset! Two for the price of one!

Yeah, now it's my Dallas Stars that get home ice against the Kraken. Hopefully Pavelski will be back off concussion protocol for this series. We're going to need him!

10 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Bro I wanna fucken die. Every year it's the same shit, good regular season leading into a mess of a postseason. Bad defense and being unable to put the puck into the net every fucken time. At least our goalie has the talent. 

I feel your pain. The 2000 St. Louis Blues had higher odds than this year's Bruins to win the Cup. They, too didn't fare well in the first round.. I STILL couldn't believe it when one of our own guys unwittingly tossed the puck into our OWN net.. and it stood. :-(

3 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

Yeah, now it's my Dallas Stars that get home ice against the Kraken. Hopefully Pavelski will be back off concussion protocol for this series. We're going to need him!

Yep. This should be a good series.

On 5/1/2023 at 10:28 AM, HavoX said:

Yep. This should be a good series.

I should say so - four goals by Pavelski on his first night back??? It's a shame none of the other Stars could have chipped in on that total in regulation time, though. That overtime loss to Seattle was a heartbreaker.

Complete bullshit that Chicago gets first overall in the draft lottery.

Scout out some players too soon? Screw you, we're getting rid of all your first round picks for the next few years.

R*pe a kid (actually, kids) and cover it up for a decade? yeah, we'll fire a few office staff (except the owner), but here, have a generational talent.

I know it's most likely not rigged, but damn that is not a good look, NHL. Anything to keep your big-market teams looking good, I suppose...

Edited by SirPootis

Additionally, Chicago intentionally iced a terrible team all year long so that they would purposefully finish in the basement of the league. I find this practice scummy as all hell and would say the top draft pick should at least go to a team that tried, yet failed. If I was a Ducks or Blue Jackets fan, I'd be fuming.

The Kyle Beach scandal alone should have robbed them of their first round picks, but additionally they play like shit on purpose and get rewarded for it? If they were allowed to get the cleaning detail to dress up and play the hockey games, they would have done it.

Yeah, I know it's not a really good outlook, but look on the bright side... starting with the 2022 lottery, teams are only allowed to improve their positioning via the Lottery twice in a five year period.