Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maribo

Muffins [MBF21, dev thread]

I love it! Though I need to ask, are you meant to be able to walk through this railing? it seems a little bit strange to be able to but if that's what you're supposed to do then fair enough.

Spoiler

image.png.3346f2ac3f8a94edc43b51a6839f07b2.png

image.png.55cc072ab895fd2739b66ed614d1d901.png

Omegalulz, those who thought Gabi's entry for Hardfest was a difficult map are in for a fun surprise with these ones. 

The instakill floor made me thing MBF, but it is Boom after all, huh? First map has some real cruel platforming, but nothing too crazy - did save a bit but was able to overcome without much trouble. The second map, on the other hand... savescummed away. Might even be a bit too RNG dependent, I actually had to restart because of a couple of very nasty damage rolls right at the start. Still, excellent mini-set that definitely shows some Crumpets inspo. Well done, and here's to Gabi's swift return to Doomdom. 

4 hours ago, Jizzwardo said:

I love it! Though I need to ask, are you meant to be able to walk through this railing? it seems a little bit strange to be able to but if that's what you're supposed to do then fair enough.

Hide contents

image.png.3346f2ac3f8a94edc43b51a6839f07b2.png

image.png.55cc072ab895fd2739b66ed614d1d901.png

Probably a mistake, I'll fix that along with the bugged exit. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Thelokk said:

Omegalulz, those who thought Gabi's entry for Hardfest was a difficult map are in for a fun surprise with these ones.

Gabi seemed to have been doubled down really hard on space restriction before having to stop... I remember one of their scrapped maps was a really tight jungle-y cavern with minimal space to move and some quite deadly enemies. Map02 of this seems to carry the same kind of design philosophy.

2 hours ago, Maribo said:

Probably a mistake, I'll fix that along with the bugged exit. Thanks.

Scratch this foolish post, it is indeed an MBF21 wad that I made a blunder about when viewing it.

25 minutes ago, Maribo said:

Scratch this foolish post, it is indeed an MBF21 wad that I made a blunder about when viewing it.

Yeah, those instant death pits seemed a bit sussy. Happens to the best of us!

It was enjoyable with save scumming, I'm not sure what Doom masochist would ever wanna play these maps without saves though. Several fights entirely depend on good infighting and damage rolls. If you go in open to saving it can be fun taking each ridiculous challenge step by step at a time.

01: Nice little remix of Crumpets Map01, fantastic lighting and use of plutonia textures. The somewhat cruel platforming should give you a tiny idea of what would come later though. Do some sick ledgewalking, drink the Earl Grey and move on.

02: Never have I seen a map that drains most of your health by requring you to do an AVJ, but here we have it. This map is Crumpets on mega steroids, tight fights but much more hostile than Crumpets because of the amount of high tiers you have there. Even a cyberdemon, very unfriendly. In terms of resources, this map is probably more unfriendly though, for the most part I was under 30% health and ammo is also incredibly tight. Well too bad I also unfortunately missed the berserk secret. Overall pretty fun still, I'd imagine this will be quite frustrating without saves. :)

Gabirupee has surprisingly sent me a new version intended to balance Map02 to be much less rng, updated version is in the OP.

Thank you guys for the feedback :D, these are some dumb speedmaps i made when i was bored, i didn't intended to release the way they are now but i glad you folks enjoyed these :)
Will probably use this thread as a repository for more crumpets-inspired speedmaps if i feel the urge to do.

new update!!

- map02 remake: fluttershy

doom21(1).png.952529976614e2a982ff55d92c4d9e52.png

small, short and "easy" map. hope you enjoy it :P

-midis revision

-map01 changes and fixes

-muffins

download [V02.3]

Edited by gabirupee : V02.3 hotifix: final version of the map

new 02: My doomer instinct told me it isn't a wise idea to play this map without getting warmed up properly, but yet I did it anyway. So a lot easier than I expected, much MUCH easier than the original map02. The fight that gave me the most trouble is definitly the boners trap backed up with 3-4 chaingunners, seems to be a little bit *too* on the nose to be honest. Overall a pretty cool map and probably a better opener compared to the original Map02.

Quite curious, are you planning to keep the original Map02? Would be a shame if it's just gone.

Cool maps. I wanted to record a demo for MAP02 but couldn't, so here's a screenshot of a HOM in MAP02:

Spoiler

227790959_dsda-doom2022-10-2121-05-44-82.jpg.3ec14a5226423fa308cdcc6fb6477799.jpg

Where can I get the original MAP02?

3 minutes ago, CittyKat112 said:

Cool maps. I wanted to record a demo for MAP02 but couldn't, so here's a screenshot of a HOM in MAP02:

Hide contents

227790959_dsda-doom2022-10-2121-05-44-82.jpg.3ec14a5226423fa308cdcc6fb6477799.jpg

Where can I get the original MAP02?

Oh actually you are playing the original map02. The new map02 is here:

18 hours ago, gabirupee said:

new update!!

- map02 remake: fluttershy

doom21(1).png.952529976614e2a982ff55d92c4d9e52.png

small, short and "easy" map. hope you enjoy it :P

-midis revision

-map01 changes and fixes

-muffins

download [V02.3]

I will tell maribo to update the thread.

5 minutes ago, gabirupee said:

Oh actually you are playing the original map02. The new map02 is here:

I will tell maribo to update the thread.

But Nefelibeta said there was a cyberdemon in the original MAP02 :O