Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomfan/mokey show fan

your favourite demon?

Design wise, Barons. They're badasses. HK's are just cannon fodder.

Gameplay wise, Demons. It's so satisfying to oneshot them with SSG or Berserk punch. Cacos take 2nd place

Mancubus. Dodging them requires more than a simple strafe to left or right, generally decent infighters, just the right amount of health, and sports the best death animation Doom has to offer.

Archie. Incredible design, incredible gameplay. Feels like the only demon out there who's even close to being the player's equal. Whilst (almost) all of the demons seem to have at least some level of intelligence, their ability to cast spells has always made them seem like one of the most intelligent.

You, the player (the real demons all along)

Spoiler

real answer is probably archie

I'm the weird kids

I love Hell Knight

if you ever played my map, you know that every map I ever made have at least 2 or more hell knight and nearly no Baron.

Hell Knights are superior to Barons as far as gameplay goes. You can place 2 Hell Knights and it's basically like one Baron split in two, making it more fun to fight.

Barons were great on E1M8, amazing "first ever Doom boss" with a powerful roar, but as common enemies Barons are snoresville. If I don't have an RL or a BFG and you're expecting me to fight multiple barons, I'm likely to fall asleep on my keyboard before the deed is done.

Pain Elemental. Infuriating to deal with, so satisfying to watch someone get facerocketed. Also, quite versatile, can even be used as lost soul spitters, but you need to mess around with dehacked to make it work. 

Edit: @Doomkid just let everything else kill them, when and where possible :D

Also, will super shotgun do if you can get up close and personal with baron?

4 minutes ago, EPICALLL said:

REVENANT.
HE'S SO GOOFY AHHH

200-2005703_clip-freeuse-revenant-doom-2-revenant.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.PNG.b44739875672df12a41d7f29d38baa2f.PNG

i'd have an easier time listing off my favorite things about each demon than picking just one favorite i think.

mancubii for gameplay, cacos for my emotional states.

i'm generally in the baron>hell knight crowd but it's so minor of a difference that it hardly matters. i like when they both toss green puffs, and they both hit hard enough to serve as a nice threat at any distance

inb4 someone says "the search button"

I'd give it to the humble zombieman, timeless cannon fodder and the only enemy guaranteed to die in a single berserk punch (unless you count barrels).

Honorable mentions go to the shotgunner and chaingunner for spicing up the zombieman with surprising lethality.

Definitely the archvile. No other demons can force you to adjust your gameplay on the fly quite like the archvile does. I love their special rules, too, like how they're the only enemy that can't trigger infighting (except for pain elementals, technically). They really feel like the most unique of all the demons, and give me the vibe of being in charge more than cyberdemons or even spider masterminds do.

Second place goes to revenants because it's fun to kill big crowds of them with rockets.

On 10/12/2022 at 5:14 AM, doomfan/mokey show fan said:

the demons that you really like n64 ones are allowed 

What is with all these "WHAT IS UR FAVORITE DOG FOOD" level threads with someone asking for opinions and never stating their own? A conversation has two people, dude! Take part in your own shit!

Did school holidays start in the US or something?

3 hours ago, Kinsie said:

What is with all these "WHAT IS UR FAVORITE DOG FOOD" level threads with someone asking for opinions and never stating their own? A conversation has two people, dude! Take part in your own shit!

Did school holidays start in the US or something?

If i were really cynical, i would say that they don't have an opinion of their own and thus try to acquire one by asking questions that have been asked tons of times, but for which they are too brazen to actually look up.

That is if i were really cynical. But i rather have faith in people than assume that they really are this clueless. With a game playing against hellspawn, someone needs to have hope, no?

They all have their uses as a mapper and present so many different dangers as a player, so it's hard to choose one from my favourites (cyber, AV, PE, rev, chaingunner).
But if I had to choose it would be good old Archie, boring answer I know (dat area denial though).

I was gonna choose the meatball for D2 but then realised I can choose his cousin as an answer for D64. It's probably my fav sprite and monster design ever tbh.

Game design wise, the Arch-Vile. He is just so unique and different from the rest of the cast, and he has so much awesome uses.

Looks wise, the Pain Elemental. I blame mtpain's Delinquent of Doom for making me love this monster. The Pain Elemental is just so goofy looking. His sounds are weird as well. Also gameplay wise he is very unique.