Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grain of Salt

Undo (not finished yet, sorry :( )

Hopefully, you'll back up your work because that name don't bode well for your hard drive ;)

Definitely interested in this! Screens look great.

Will it be playable in co-op? (e.g. without softlocks, even if there's not extra monsters etc...)

How do you make a Doom wad inspired by Battle Garegga?  You can't add rank mechanics in any way I know of, unless you've got some really revolutionary voodoo doll trickery?

Screens look nice and ominous, especially 2,3,4, and 7. Already trying to imagine what kind of fights or platforming would take place there.

19 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

It's easy, just do this!

image.png

Problem solved! 👍

Ah yes, the entitled smartass. The best kind of armchair mod. 

Just now, Thelokk said:

Ah yes, the entitled smartass. The best kind of armchair mod. 

You're also a smartass.

2 hours ago, Grain of Salt said:

Features new colours.

MORE COLORS.

Is that liquid pink or purple?

(oops, wait, is there liquid in the middle of that shot? Still wanna know what color.)

Inspired by Battle Garegga? Not super hard? New colours? Sign me up!

41 minutes ago, Cynical said:

How do you make a Doom wad inspired by Battle Garegga?  You can't add rank mechanics in any way I know of, unless you've got some really revolutionary voodoo doll trickery?

There's a number of ways I could interpret that, the simplest being just an emphasis on long-term resource management (which isn't unique to Garegga, but is an important part of it), but I could also imagine things like optional challenges (or additions to existing challenges) activated by collecting powerups. There's a lot of fun stuff you could do with voodoo dolls on conveyor belts, but this will be for limit-removing ports so I wonder what GoS has in store.

Looks excellent - can't wait to play this. Loved your work on Jumpwad.

Just out of interest, why no maps 31, 32? Not demanding more content / work from you, just wondering. 

Thanks for all of your hard work on this :)

the screenshots look very nice, certainly a lot of work here to be proud of! Congrats on the announcement, will be keeping my eye out for the release a few months from now.

Must of been hell on earth for five years making this eh? I blame doomkid for the bad doom pun lol.

But all jokes aside i like the screen shots and this looks like i will really enjoy it when it's out.

Beautiful screenshots, color coordination is top-of-the-line! I'm excited for this one. :)

5 hours ago, Grain of Salt said:

Inspired by ...Battle Garegga... not super hard.

That's because there's no bullshit scripting in limit-removing formats that allows you to dynamically alter difficulty. Right?

Right?!

Spoiler

It looks and sounds lovely so far, and don't eat yourself up over not being the first to do stuff.

Just do stuff well :3

5 hours ago, Grain of Salt said:

It's been too long, and ideas I could've been the first to do if I'd finished this in 2018 have started being discovered by other people, which is kinda sad.

I vibe with this soooo hard :c Looking forward to playing this!

5 hours ago, Cynical said:

How do you make a Doom wad inspired by Battle Garegga?

That's easy, you change 90% of projectile sprites to blend in with the background and replace all cacodemons with Glow Squid's last phase.

Very excited for this, I love screens 1 and 2 in particular. Good luck with the release!