Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fai1025

[ DONE ] DOOMIUM: A Community Project for Short and Explosive maps (Boom Compatible)

11 hours ago, MundyC said:

Here's my submission for this community project - Darkworld. It's an ominous place located in a void between dimensions, which is being invaded by lots of monsters for you to destroy. It should take around 20-25 minutes to complete. (The map is in the MAP01 slot for easy access, though it's meant to be MAP32.)

The map's music is Culture Shock from Fortress 2 Blue.

Download

Screenshots (mostly recycled from my previous post):

Reveal hidden contents

7fjtACE.png

wow3szb.png

nXTsTRb.png

tx4YkXi.png

thanks for the contribution,

this is some very hard map, a bit too hard for me, but I still have a lot of fun blasting this map through in god mode

one thing I do want to point out is your use of block linedef, it's a bit janky, I know you don't want player to fall on the sky texture floor but in some fight the island is small yet the border is blocked making dodging a bit fustrating.

ok not gonna talk too much, imma left the reviewing part to Biodegradable,

@MundyC

Pretty wild and woolly secret map concept, fam. It works for the most part, though I agree with Fai that your use of blocklines goes a little overboard as you'll be able to see how I managed to cheese some of the encounters by taking advantage of it. Progression felt slightly off-kilter, but not so much that had me trapped running around in circles for hours. My only suggestion would be to make the switches that trigger the final two fights after the fake exit a little more obvious. It's definitely wacky and challenging, but that just means you utilised its spot as the super secret map pretty well.

4 hours ago, CblBOPOTKA said:

Map06 - doomium_map06.zip

Title: Manufactured Extinction

Music: Dispersion by James Paddock

Description: That's what greed and carelessness lead to. It's not safe to stay here for a long time.

very good looking map, and good fun too, thanks for the contribution as always.

just a thing, there's some issue on the exit section of the map, you might want to check that out.

CCSVtyx.pngYb8eduk.png

Heyo! here is v1 of my map  it's already in the map08 slot.

Music is from Dtwidmus e2m2. Can't find the author right now, will take a harder look later.

Difficulty settings implemented

Edited by Womp the Cat : removed old version of map

9 hours ago, Womp the Cat said:

Heyo! here is v1 of my map Nightjar it's already in the map08 slot.

Music is from Dtwidmus e2m2. Can't find the author right now, will take a harder look later.

Difficulty settings implemented

Found a few things while playing your map:

Spoiler

image.png.822eccf4bc815dcd2e29e41d08b4fe6f.png

This lift is missing a lower texture.

image.png.a8548323132420a6d8828cb8e336142a.png

These sectors have an unknown effect. It doesn't do anything in most source ports, but in GZDoom it results in the floor having friction.

image.png.601caf37d6e881954bd0d64368319f60.png

This one sector has a blinking effect.

Alrighty, Here is the fixed version.

Lol I had somehow set those sectors with the unknown effect to blinking + blinking XD. Lift is now fixed, it should have been tagged to go to the nearest floor.

thanks again @Engired

@Womp the Cat

That's-a spicy meatball! Nicely done, Womp! Very challenging pistol-start, but not agonizingly merciless. I really dig the brutalist architecture design as well. It's quite elegant in its simplicity.

4 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

@Womp the Cat

That's-a spicy meatball! Nicely done, Womp! Very challenging pistol-start, but not agonizingly merciless. I really dig the brutalist architecture design as well. It's quite elegant in its simplicity.

Glorious playthrough there Bio! and thanks for the nice words about the architecture, very pleased with the buildings facade. maybe 2 too many revs XD. It is quite a hot start, but you handled it really well. There are a few things I will definitely want to fix up. and I should detail the exit room a little bit. 

6 minutes ago, CittyKat112 said:

I'm making small progress but I feel like I'm gonna need some help with the visuals when I'm done with the map.

Hide contents

doom03.png.8d6f3b68489cac8402cdd9337110417f.pngdoom02.png.b63b916f0e9a42768487cd0a33560aeb.pngdoom01.png.228d01c99ee22a9207fd5fd6270cebb0.pngdoom00.png.c76d3f2a98cf505cc36219a83fb4ca05.png

Look pretty good, although a bit too dark to me

6 hours ago, Bloodbath Giraffe said:

Map21 - doomium_map21

Title: Gates of Reapers

Music: You Ain't The Boss O' Me by James Paddock

well done, it was fucking hard to me, don't really used to combat puzzle thingy

gonna let Biodegradable do the job of suffering :)

uNAvFB7.png

@Bloodbath Giraffe

Very challenging, but also has a nice dash of leniency to it so it never feels overtly sadistic and instead invites you to simply try again. I find a lot of people who make really tough maps seems to struggle with that aspect, but you pulled it off beautifully here. Very well balanced, mate. Not my usual cup of tea, but I had a good time with it.

@Biodegradable

Thanks for testing the map glad you liked it. You did get lucky though for some reason none of the teleporting monsters came in, that's why you had 50 monsters you did not find. The megasphere secret switch was in the second room I think ill move it so its closer to where the wall lowers. I also have not implemented the difficulty setting yet I wanted to see what people though and adjust the difficulty setting from their.

I have attached an updated version that has the correct monster teleporters.

Map21 - doomium_map21v1.1.zip

Title: Gates of Reapers

Music: You Ain't The Boss O' Me by James Paddock

Edited by Bloodbath Giraffe

Ok, so here's my map and a shitty UV-Max demo for it (updated to V2): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V5DOPpynp-XzYR_P5lwQcdy-TDjnHeIZ/view?usp=sharing

I was hoping I'd make a map that will take at least 10 mins to beat but I'm running out of steam really fast these days. Anyway...

Difficulties fully implemented (monster count is the same, more powerful monsters are replaced with the weaker ones, a bit more health, HMP and HNTR make the platforming section less obnoxious), no co-op starts, must take 5 mins IGT to beat if you're not playing blind... But even if you do, it shouldn't be much longer than that because this map is extremely linear. Also no secrets lol.

Some parts of the map look a little bit empty, I'll try to change that in the second version. But other than that the map is almost finished. That .mp3 track I used for the map is stuck in my head and I have no idea what should I replace it with, so I leave the MIDI selection to you, @fai1025.

Edited by CittyKat112

"blazing punches" my submission for the 25th slot!

i quick and short tyson map set in a vulcano, this map doesn't give the player any weapons, you only will use berserk and pistol.

the ending has a infight party + telefragging, but the player can skip it, map29 style.

the music used in this level is "everything explodes" by jimmy!

map file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/btm8o9lsqm7u7ck/BlazingPunches_map25.wad?dl=0

screenshots:

Spoiler

doom20.png.0da2fea67bd2b44cda6cb5fbdb702af7.pngdoom13.png.f00d8e0f583a4c7c98f9fbd3eea64209.pngdoom12.png.6158349d7d8f344448afabf0b3cbe830.pngdoom10.png.c8ccdb9fe1a07f97d9c6d6883699e5db.pngdoom07.png.d7a2cbb27d017a413a177e2aaf5ea201.png

Apologies for the unexpected delay, but my schedule suddenly got very busy. But the good part is I found some time in the last 2 days and was able to finish the map.

Title: Meltdown

MIDI: "Westopolis" by Viscra Maelstrom

Playtime: Around 20 minutes (?)

Tested with GZDoom and PRBoom+

Download

I have implemented some difficulty settings, but haven't given it much thought. Please do let me know if the map is too difficult in some areas or if a part of it is not that engaging. I have to admit, the final fight is kind of a let down, so I might come back and change it when I get the time.

Here's some screenshots:

Spoiler

qKeZGMb.pngK55qdu8.pngdVgpe6D.png2ISleFt.png

@CittyKat112 I wanted to try your map, but the link isn't working anymore. Are you making changes to the map, or something else happened?

Edited by NinthBurn

9 minutes ago, NinthBurn said:

Apologies for the unexpected delay, but my schedule suddenly got very busy. But the good part is I found some time in the last 2 days and was able to finish the map.

Download

I have implemented some difficulty settings, but haven't given it much thought. Please do let me know if the map is too difficult in some areas or if a part of it is not that engaging. I have to admit, the final fight is kind of a let down, so I might come back and change it when I get the time.

Here's some screenshots:

Hide contents

@CittyKat112 I wanted to try your map, but the link isn't working anymore. Are you making changes to the map, or something else happened?

I forgot to put a proper exit and will have to remove a shitty platforming section. Plus the map is too short and I don't have a name for it yet. I'll send you a link with that version in DMs.

6 hours ago, NinthBurn said:

Tested with GZDoom and PRBoom+

Download

Here's some screenshots:

Reveal hidden contents

Job well done NinthBurn, this is some Eviternity level of map, extremely detailed, and very fun and engaging combat

one thing I do not like (imo) is your use of spectre in dark place, it's bit "annoying" especially the part that you grab SSG, the hell knight and spectre wave can kill you real quick, but, that's just me, I like to bug about random stuff

I got bored and decided to play some of the other maps posted here.

MAP06 by @CblBOPOTKA

- There are still issues with the skybox (see screenshots).

- Two perched chaingunners in the exit area can fall down rendering 100% kills impossible.

Screenshots: https://imgbox.com/g/JizgO4nVpp

MAP21 by @Bloodbath Giraffe

- The first fight can be cheesed if you hug the wall on the hell knight side. This way you can shoot rockets at hell knights and the cyberdemon along with the imps and revenants won't be able to shoot you.

- You can cheese the plasma rifle fight by jumping out the window (the insta-lowering pillar where the plasma rifle is can be used as a ledge if you time it right). Not sure if this should be changed because it's actually pretty hard to pull off (not only do you need to do it at the right time, you also need to be looking at a fixed angle) and this cheese might also come in handy for UV-Speed runners. But I figured I'd let you know about it anyway.

I think there were some other things I wanted to mention but those were some minor nitpicks, so whatever. No screenshots because I didn't find any bugs or misalignments. Also because I played it yesterday and deleted the screenshots :/

3 hours ago, CittyKat112 said:

There are still issues with the skybox (see screenshots).

Yeah, I noticed it already, so it can't be fix, the sky transfer work by linking with a tag, but the place already has a tag. GZDoom fix it automatically tho

I will try to fix it at first combine release.

7 hours ago, fai1025 said:

Yeah, I noticed it already, so it can't be fix, the sky transfer work by linking with a tag, but the place already has a tag. GZDoom fix it automatically tho

I will try to fix it at first combine release.

Pretty sure it's easy enough to fix, each sector with its own tag, needs it's own control sector with a sky transfer line that references that sectors tag. it's as simple as copy pasting the control sector you use to transfer the sky on the rest of the map, and then just changing the sector number to the same as those sectors with the broken sky.

3 minutes ago, Womp the Cat said:

Pretty sure it's easy enough to fix, each sector with its own tag, needs it's own control sector with a sky transfer line that references that sectors tag. it's as simple as copy pasting the control sector you use to transfer the sky on the rest of the map, and then just changing the sector number to the same as those sectors with the broken sky.

Honestly I don't know, the broken sky is on that fancy bridges that i have no idea how it work, and I feel like if I do what you said it's gonna break the function.

16 hours ago, CittyKat112 said:

- There are still issues with the skybox (see screenshots).

Thanks for finding it. By the way, what source port (and version) do you using? I want to take a better look on the sky, but dsda 0.24.3 cannot help me in that mission, correcting these defects.