Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Anyone seen the episode of Curiosity with Robin Williams regarding drugs?

Not just ironic, but very scientific compared to their usual stuff, and the numerous infographics-style "fast facts" you get on youtube.  They don't go easy on the pothead.  He's a little grating tbh.  "It's a natural 'erb given by gaaawd"

What, in your opinion, does "scientific" mean, and how does this pile of reality TV tier garbage match up with that? I've already been dubious about the Hippocratic Oath, and if some of these people are truly "medical professionals", they should be run out of town.

I don't think the participants are taking themselves seriously, they know they are on a TV show and they are playing up the part they are expected to act.

The heroin user is probably the least reliable person in any sort of emergency situation though.

1 hour ago, dasho said:

What, in your opinion, does "scientific" mean, and how does this pile of reality TV tier garbage match up with that? I've already been dubious about the Hippocratic Oath, and if some of these people are truly "medical professionals", they should be run out of town.

They stop them when they get close to danger.  It's scientific compared to the rest of the series.  Which has titles such as "What if aliens were real" and "Why god didn't create the universe".

17 minutes ago, invictius said:

They stop them when they get close to danger.

"It's cool if they only ALMOST go into cardiac arrest, continue the Crack Olympics."

2 hours ago, invictius said:

It's scientific compared to the rest of the series.  Which has titles such as "What if aliens were real" and "Why god didn't create the universe".

Star Wars is an intelligent and philosophical film compared to other movies. Which have titles like "Jack and Jill" and "Paul Blart: Mall Cop".

By the way, heroin users are very reliable in emergency situations - they always sell at a reasonable price when I run out.

Drugs are bad, mmkay?

Yeah but honestly, I didn't see the video and I propably won't. Even kids know that drugs can get you fucked up. Yes, pot isn't a negative free herb but neither is alcohol negative free, in fact without further quick inspection of data I'd say that alcohol causes more problems.

I've never heard of this series. It sounds hilarious

Episode 3: "Why is Sex Fun?"
Episode 15: narrated by Donald Trump

2 hours ago, RDETalus said:

I've never heard of this series. It sounds hilarious

Episode 3: "Why is Sex Fun?"

Do we need scientists for this one, really?

12 hours ago, Wyrmwood said:

Do we need scientists for this one, really?

Yeah this is right up there with "Science proves patting dogs makes you feel good".

14 hours ago, RDETalus said:

Episode 15: narrated by Donald Trump

Can I listen to something narrated by a malfunctioning dentist's drill instead?

3 hours ago, Murdoch said:

Can I listen to something narrated by a malfunctioning dentist's drill instead?

I'm watching it so you don't have to.  In fact I'll make a drinking game out of it... one shot every time he says in-DUSS-tries.  I thought asphalt as ass-fault was weird but then another american came on and said it the same?

Edited by invictius

49 minutes ago, invictius said:

I'm watching it so you don't have to.  In fact I'll make a drinking game out of it.

You absolute madman. Make sure it's the good stuff.

11 hours ago, invictius said:

I'm watching it so you don't have to.

You also don't have to make a thread about it if you don't want to present a case for discussion.

There are status updates for that!

Lets make that a drinking game. Every time you convert one of your thread ideas to a status update, ill take a shot.

23 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

You also don't have to make a thread about it if you don't want to present a case for discussion.

There are status updates for that!

Lets make that a drinking game. Every time you convert one of your thread ideas to a status update, ill take a shot.

Only complaint I've ever received over a dozen topics...

48 minutes ago, invictius said:

Only complaint I've ever received over a dozen topics...

Looking forward to your status updates!

22 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

Looking forward to your status updates!

Who even reads status updates though?  I play wads, I don't make them.  It's not like I'm the creator of edge/eternity (Corbachu/Chu?)

4 hours ago, invictius said:

Who even reads status updates though?

Not many people.

Which is exactly what i feel about the kind of threads you make. Status updates disguised as threads.

If they are worthwhile to read, people will!