Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dusty_Rhodes

Let's talk about your week

Week has been very busy.  Finally got more help on the project I'm working on so I am finally able to take care of stuff that has just sat for months which needed to be addressed urgently for just as long, all while keeping up with maintaining delivery on project artifacts.

18 hours ago, CFWMagic said:

Not going to wish you your birthday, considering. I'm similar. Absolutely hate my own birthday. And I actually hide in a hole, kill my phone and disable internet on that damned day ...

Oh you could wish me a happy birthday, that would bine.

18 hours ago, CFWMagic said:

As for your job ... Rough. Probably less so than the EMTs, Nurses and Doctors directly involved with the patient themselves. But still, rough. One gets used to it. Normalizes it. Gets desensitized. But there's only so much a human mind can take. It does come back eventually ... Well. Hope you're getting your R&R. Kill some demons. Escapism's a valorous thing.

Thanks for the concern. I am fine, just slept a night longer than usual :)

2 hours ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

@Redneckerz happy birthday mate, glad you celebrated in what I consider the proper way. Sounds like work was rough though, sorry to hear it. I can't imagine what's like working in a hospital.

It really depends on what you do. For a nurse, things are pretty strenuous. For us, its pretty demanding too because we just have too little people at the helm.

I just started doing music for a project I'm going to keep under wraps for now. It's going to be exhausting, as I am expected to make/re-arrange plenty of songs.

Also I started drawing again.

I've been watching Ah My Goddess (2005) on my CRT with my Wii.

23 minutes ago, Nikku4211 said:

I just started doing music for a project I'm going to keep under wraps for now. It's going to be exhausting, as I am expected to make/re-arrange plenty of songs.

Also I started drawing again.

I've been watching Ah My Goddess (2005) on my CRT with my Wii.

Drawing is such a fantastic stress - reliever as a hobby. I always loved drawing as a kid. My parents told me I was great but in reality I was just okay. I've lost some of the skill but I still get a kick out of doing an impromptu still life with a no. 2 pencil and notebook. 

I'm also curious to hear your compositions eventually. Writing music can be frustrating but it's almost always a joy for me.

i'm in the process of learning gdscipt, with practically zero programming experience save for not really grasping c64 BASIC in winvice 14 years ago.

it hasn't given me a single migraine yet!

On 10/24/2022 at 8:58 PM, heliumlamb said:

i'm in the process of learning gdscipt, with practically zero programming experience save for not really grasping c64 BASIC in winvice 14 years ago.

it hasn't given me a single migraine yet!

2 hours ago, invalidlain said:

I just got a job after 2, maybe 3 (at worst) months of looking

Good for the both of you. Best of luck as well.

I’ve been having trouble sleeping lately. For most of my life I could just put my head on my pillow and fall asleep, but lately I find myself lying in bed staring into the darkness. What’s the opposite of claustrophobia? I can’t explain it, but when the lights are out, I’m paralyzed by thoughts of emptiness while seemingly trapped in a void from which I will never escape. What’s worse is my overactive imagination that takes over and says, “but are you really alone?” If I’m being honest, I think cleaning up maps from my friend who passed away is leaving me feeling a little lonely.