Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neigh Winny

Ethereal Breakdown for Doom 64 Remaster & EX (33 new levels! OUT NOW!!!)

Nice! Congratulations to everyone involved! I'm very excited to play it  and see the power of the Doom 64 community powering this project (long time without playing Jetx's Doom maps btw).
Happy early Halloween everyone!

I'd love to play this, but I know nothing about the sourceports. Does either one support mouselook?

2 minutes ago, Firedust said:

I'd love to play this, but I know nothing about the sourceports. Does either one support mouselook?

Only EX has mouselook. Remaster does not.

Just wanted to say that it's been an honor to be a part of this historic release and I'm super happy with what we were able to achieve here. The variety of different ideas and the usage of the many different features of the Doom 64 engine collect into something that I strongly believe can be used as an example for any future Doom 64 wads going forward. There is so much potential to do amazing things with this engine, and we're just getting started. Thank you @Immorpher for leading this project and giving me and many others the opportunity to pay tribute to this awesome game!

13 hours ago, HeadshotTAS said:

Just wanted to say that it's been an honor to be a part of this historic release and I'm super happy with what we were able to achieve here. The variety of different ideas and the usage of the many different features of the Doom 64 engine collect into something that I strongly believe can be used as an example for any future Doom 64 wads going forward. There is so much potential to do amazing things with this engine, and we're just getting started. Thank you @Immorpher for leading this project and giving me and many others the opportunity to pay tribute to this awesome game!

I may have been the public face in some cases, but @agony ZENITH, @Jetx_121, @Neigh Winny, and @United VirusX did the hard work in getting it going, tested, and bug fixed! I was surprised on how much the Doom 64 engine was capable of from the maps!

Here's a Doom 64 EX+ version of Ethereal Breakdown: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6gb3kkxvjdx3lzz/(multiple)-ethereal_breakdown.zip?dl=1

For those who don't know, EX+ is a modern update to Doom 64 EX by Gibbon. It runs great on modern systems (including Linux and Mac!), more accurate than original Doom 64 EX, and more moddable too! It runs off the remaster IWAD and you can get it here: https://www.sourceforge.net/projects/doom64ex-plus/

1 hour ago, Immorpher said:

and more moddable too!

I'm out of the loop, but does the fork feature some new script or what like, say, DECORATE and/or ZScript?

45 minutes ago, taufan99 said:

I'm out of the loop, but does the fork feature some new script or what like, say, DECORATE and/or ZScript?

Neither EX or Remaster support such things. But there is an EX+ being worked on that does support Decorate at the very least.

15 hours ago, Immorpher said:

I may have been the public face in some cases, but @agony ZENITH, @Jetx_121, @Neigh Winny, and @United VirusX did the hard work in getting it going, tested, and bug fixed! I was surprised on how much the Doom 64 engine was capable of from the maps!

I think we can credit each other to figuring stuff out like the music and what we can do with the engine, but the credit for really doing stuff with what we found goes to all the guys who helped us! Especially those who've been working at it for years like Jdagenet and Atomic Frog, also Scwiba for the stuff he's come up with

On 10/28/2022 at 4:17 PM, HeadshotTAS said:

We're honored to have you help us. You were part of what makes this project historic, and I agree. Hopefully now people will be able to see what can be done with this engine, and I look forward to the future too. Stay hard, brother! :)

I always appreciate more Doom 64 content! Started my plathrough and what I've played through so far is great, I'm sure the rest will be just as good!

BTW the link to the EX Plus version in the OP doesn't work. While the displayed URL is correct, the one that is actually opened when you click on it isn't (doesn't link to Dropbox, just this thread).

I've played many of the maps here, and I can say it's definitely one of the most creative, avant-garde D64 mapsets I've ever played. I especially love the MIDI rendition of Hollywood Holocaust here. The magic Immorpher can do!

Spoiler

Speaking of which, I have a question about the Mephitic Aqueduct level. I think I've found all three secret switches for the "secret" passage to lower the platform that holds the Spirit, Mind, and Nous, but it turns out there's another set of the staircase that cannot be raised to access the passage. Or could there be a fourth switch hidden somewhere?

2 hours ago, taufan99 said:

I've played many of the maps here, and I can say it's definitely one of the most creative, avant-garde D64 mapsets I've ever played. I especially love the MIDI rendition of Hollywood Holocaust here. The magic Immorpher can do!

Hide contents

Speaking of which, I have a question about the Mephitic Aqueduct level. I think I've found all three secret switches for the "secret" passage to lower the platform that holds the Spirit, Mind, and Nous, but it turns out there's another set of the staircase that cannot be raised to access the passage. Or could there be a fourth switch hidden somewhere?

Immorpher did great work with the Hollywood Holocaust MIDI it's such a good rendition of it!

Spoiler

also for your Mephitic question missing a switch or two and there is a way to tell where the hidden switches are

1 hour ago, United VirusX said:
Spoiler

also for your Mephitic question missing a switch or two and there is a way to tell where the hidden switches are

Spoiler

I've found out the rest of the switches now, but the staircase won't raise up still. This couldn't be a bug, could it? (I'm playing the D64 EX+ version using the most recent v3.6.3 build, if that matters.)

Also, hoot hoot!

9 hours ago, taufan99 said:
  Hide contents

I've found out the rest of the switches now, but the staircase won't raise up still. This couldn't be a bug, could it? (I'm playing the D64 EX+ version using the most recent v3.6.3 build, if that matters.)

Also, hoot hoot!

Spoiler

If you found the five switches and its not raising the stairs to the switch to lower the artifacts

then it may be a bug for EX PLUS we can look into that

also Hoot Hoot! indeed lol

I was at first surprised this wasn't a continuous episode, but a selection of levels which you can enter through a hub. However, maps are great anyway, so it doesn't really matter. 

What I was wondering: If your inventory is reset when returning to the hub, how can you keep the Demon Keys which are obviously needed to unlock the center gate?