• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Napsalm

[CL-9] NapsNoWadMo [Now on idgames!]

1 minute ago, Master Medi said:

Now this, is very good shit brother

It's officially certified. Now all of Doomworld has to play it

Caught off guard when I saw this browsing DW with other nanowadmo releases, gratulon on the beta release Naps!

There's actually a fair good few ideas here. Map 32 was a little funny I guess. Map 03 was probably the weakest, mostly because mazes stink. Map 08 was cool, but I guess part of the jankiness you're talking about. I really like how you experimented with the gameboy shades here though.

lmd_naps.zip

2 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

There's actually a fair good few ideas here. Map 32 was a little funny I guess. Map 03 was probably the weakest, mostly because mazes stink. Map 08 was cool, but I guess part of the jankiness you're talking about. I really like how you experimented with the gameboy shades here though.

lmd_naps.zip

Thank you so much for the demos! Thanks for taking the time to make them.

(I see by your demos you were using one with a broken map6, sorry!)

This wad was me learning things, really. Most of them are me seeing how certain things function and what I could do with them:

Map01 was just general geometry and skyboxes and using brightness to hide secrets

02 was key usage and crushers and secrets

03 was learning how to use colormapping mainly, and trying to make something look pretty. I also spent a lot of time on this map making it look nice in UDB (vertices and the like...)

04 was made without looking at 3d mode or loading in game until I was done with the geometry, I have no idea why I did that to myself

05: branching out with more windows / sky and voodoo stuff with lighting

06: trying to create a fun secret fight with lighting and colormap stuff

07: fake floor shenanigans and homage to Dead Simple

08: was making true darkness a thing in software (the default colormap in software doesn't make sprites full black in 0 darkness)

09: is E1m1 the way I remember it

31: made by my 5 year old son

33: was the first map I made for NaNoWadMo

10 was the map I spent the longest on and has things from most of the other maps

11 was the start of learning umapinfo and musinfo stuff which then bled into the earlier maps

32 was a joke

I've learnt a _lot_ from this month and feel like I can make better stuff with the knowledge I've taken from it, for sure :)

15 hours ago, David Asaad said:

very nice naps! lotta cool ideas here and I cant believe you...

Reveal hidden contents

made a freakin piano out of musinfo. 

Hey David, hope you are well. Haven't seen a lot of youtube content from you recently. I eagerly await your next stupidly challenging map UVMAX

Good shit brother wad. I like all the things you did with the colormaps idea, the map06 red room in particular, and the sector manipulation in map10 is sick. It's been cool to tune in to your streams and see your progress.

Wait, that one dude I went to college with now makes DOOM maps? And they're gimmicky for the most part? (by the looks of it, from a quick playthrough of the first handful)

Sign me the hell up! Will report when I've played through. :)

Yeah, this was great. The whole look of the thing took some getting used to, but after that I appreciated the gimmick concept-based maps, with combat encounters that got rough when they needed to be; if not too rough for my mediocre skills (played on HMP, a few bumps but no frustrating stuck points). Gonna love to see future endeavours, and the fruits of what you've learned from this exercise. :)