Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stealthy Ivan

Remember the ten sectors?

Im not sure if this is the right message board for this? But does any one remember that ten sectors level building compitition? I cant remember who hosted the event, nor who won it? If any one has any answers on this or where i can go to find out, I would be very thankful....! Oh, and if any one knows of any other cool little level building compititions, feel free to let me know!!!

Stealthy Ivan said:

Oh, and if any one knows of any other cool little level building compititions, feel free to let me know!!!

In 2001 DooM Center had a DooM 1 Episode 1 contest that was judged by none other than John Romero. DooM Center appears to be defunct, but you can see some pics and download the wad at Bob Larkin's site.

DooMBoy said:
IIRC, there was also a Ten Sectors2 Competition.

No, but we compiled the "left-over" levels into two additional megawads.

The above links lead to a site telling all about the 10 sectors contest and the maps and the winners, but there is no link to the wad itself. The download link leads to 3darchives, where I was unable to find the wad. This sounds like a must-have wad! Help!

The winner was Michal Mesko, runner ups were Nocturnus and Lee Szymanski. Personally I don't agree fully with the rating. but it's one damn hard to rate contest.

Others who made the 1st megawad:
Michael Niggel
Jon Dowland
Jon Rimmer
Jonas Feragen
Swedish Fish
Aardappel
Me :P
Chris Lutz
etc

Jon Rimmer was a runner up with Nocturnus second, I thought the judging was about right with Lastcall being the most polished map of the lot.

I would heartily recommend that everyone here try the 10secto2.wad

Sure it's the runners-ups, but there are several really sweet wads in there almost begging for a classic status.

Map27 is a wonderful E1/E2 style blend with a nasty suprise. A wonder to play.

Map07 is probably one of the weirdest levels I have ever played. A really atmospheric one too. Think Doom2 map24 on acid.

indeed, Little Faith, for example, stphrz map28 should've been in the first megawad for sure.