Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
datdude12399

ProjectTechBase development thread

so here's a request: if anyone has time and sees this, please can they help with my new megawad i'm working on?

it's only gonna be 8 (9) levels

4 minutes ago, stupid ass said:

do you want me to make a map for this wad?

yes can you make the second map (E1M2) and the secret map (E1M9) please? when it's done send me the WAD's ok? i'll write the mapinfo so don't need to make the mapinfo lump

1 minute ago, stupid ass said:

are there custom textures you want me to use or any other requests you want?

for our own sanity, no i do not need any custom textures and i don't have any other requests

Just now, stupid ass said:

could you make (or if its already done send it) the first level so i have an idea of what would fit this wad.

ok here you go: Laboratory.zip

that's the first level that i'm already done with

the whole megawad is going to be techbase cuz i'm lazy as f*ck

if this is your first level its pretty decent, better than my first level. and im gonna assume you want an e1 type theme. also if you want custom music i could show you.

2 hours ago, datdude12399 said:

so here's a request: if anyone has time and sees this, please can they help with my new megawad i'm working on?

it's only gonna be 8 (9) levels

Why aren't you trying to learn to map yourself?

48 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

Why aren't you trying to learn to map yourself?

this is literally my first megawad and i read that people strongly discourage making your first megawad by yourself

also i kinda already made 2 maps for doom, one being my first map and the second one being the remake witch is a LOT better than the original

2 minutes ago, datdude12399 said:

this is literally my first megawad and i read that people strongly discourage making your first megawad by yourself

I think what they mean by that is... If you are a beginner, you should gain experience and practice through smaller projects, before trying a big project like a megawad or big mapset.

1 minute ago, Mr Masker said:

If you are a beginner, you should gain experience and practice through smaller projects, before trying a big project like a megawad or big mapset.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh... i get it

1 hour ago, datdude12399 said:

also i kinda already made 2 maps for doom, one being my first map and the second one being the remake witch is a LOT better than the original

True. What i mean by it is to study mapping and make your first levels, before going onto a episode or a megawad. Megawads often are a collection of works or almost a complete game by itself. They aren't for the faint of heart.

1 hour ago, Mr Masker said:

I think what they mean by that is... If you are a beginner, you should gain experience and practice through smaller projects, before trying a big project like a megawad or big mapset.

eggactly.